Star M249 Para Examined...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're great, I've bought a bunch of stuff from them including a few custom configurations. Usually they're a lot cheaper than getting batteries from airsoft shops, shops just buy packs from them and mark them up a ton. Plus they have better cell selection, you can get packs that are just plain better than what you'll find in stores. And they'll build in any config you want as long as you supply a picture.

I have a custom 9.6v J type pack for my P90 made from those CBP2500 A cells, I've been quite happy with it.

I have been using my Para about 4 weeks and shooted with it about ~15k rounds. There is one problem, if I shoot long burst (200-400) BB get stuck in hop-up. Im using KSC .25g BB's. I have only changed stronger spring (much over forum limit), but nothing else. Battery what I have been using is GP 9.6V 3300mAh. Where would be some kind of problem? :/

I have been using my Para about 4 weeks and shooted with it about ~15k rounds. There is one problem, if I shoot long burst (200-400) BB get stuck in hop-up. Im using KSC .25g BB's. I have only changed stronger spring (much over forum limit), but nothing else. Battery what I have been using is GP 9.6V 3300mAh. Where would be some kind of problem? :/

In what situation do you really need to have take a 2-400rounds burst?

I try to control myself by taking 10-100 round bursts.

Then when lots of enemies are crossing road and when you are keeping enemies heads down.

Yeah, but it takes less then a second to let go of the trigger and press it back in :P

Anyway, does anyone know how to remove the grip?

I tried unscrewing it, but didt find the right screw :blink:

I also managed to break my chraging handle today :(

*Edit, picture of me with my beloved STAR:

isak_support2.jpg

Edited by Gundrosen

Try lubing the hop up? You should every 10k rounds or so at least.

Anyway, does anyone know how to remove the grip?

I tried unscrewing it, but didt find the right screw :blink:

Take the gearbox out, you'll see a large allen screw (6mm). Take that out and the grip will come off.

I also managed to break my chraging handle today :(

There are metal ones available that should work if you can't fix it.

Take the gearbox out, you'll see a large allen screw (6mm). Take that out and the grip will come off.

There are metal ones available that should work if you can't fix it.

Thanks for your tip I'll try that later :)

I know there is a metal charging handle availible, but only in guarder "pacakge" thing and that is 220$ :(

what are all the metal parts that are available for the STAR m249?

There are several Guarder parts that will work according to them. Look here, scroll down a bit. http://www.intrudershop.com/show_product_e...p?idproduct=743

These are already metal on the Star, mostly. There are other metal parts available for the TOP/CA that may work but there's no way to know for sure without trying them. Feed covers and RIS/RAS parts will not work without significant, irreversible modification.

and, please, wich grip and trigger are compatible?

Guarder claims their Grips will work. G&P grips probably will too. The realsteel grip posted earlier in this thread can be made to work but it doesn't just go right on, it needs to be modified (I'll be going into this in greater detail later).

There are no triggers available that I know of, except for the one that comes as part of this: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...AEG02_srch_m249

Threre's no way to know if it would work, it still needs a pin, and the base will go to waste as you can't use it with the Star.

Thanks for your tip I'll try that later :)

I know there is a metal charging handle availible, but only in guarder "pacakge" thing and that is 220$ :(

No, it is available separately. http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...24914_srch_m249

I'm not 100% sure it will work but I think it could be made to work.

staticzero, empty your PM inbox.. want to send you a message but I can't :-/

I will eventually...

Edited by staticzero
No, it is available separately. http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...24914_srch_m249

I'm not 100% sure it will work but I think it could be made to work.

I will eventually...

Thanks, checked all other sites then WGC :P

I just won an auction on a gulf war stock on eBay, hopefullt it wont be that hard to fit on the STAR. Then my gun will look like this:

m-249-dvic536.jpg

And I also got myself a CA heatshield that I can use when I want the modern look on it ;)

Edited by Gundrosen
Funny, it looks just liek the TAPCO one. Same rough quality to it, it even has the U.S.A. marking on it.

Well it says "Real Parts" maybe they bought a bunch of TAPCO handles and calls them there own :P

I am now working on a feedcover rail mod. Using a G3/MP5 mount and alot of dremeling :P It looks good so far, it wasnt hard to make it fit, now I just have to screw it on :) (will post pics when it's done)