''Woodland'' Guns

almostcreated

First I want to start by saying that I couldn't find this by searching.

What are some types of guns that are great for long range/woodland/skirmshes?

What is a good range for woodland guns?

What is the exact brand and model. Are the M16's, M4's, or G36's good in this category?

Any site that will tell me my information?

Thanks,

Almost.

Okay. Well, I'll let others explain why certain guns have better range and accuracy than others, but I've found my CA M15A4 to be perfect for the job. The TM AK47 is pretty good too, as is the TM SG-1. There are plenty of other options I'm sure, but these are the ones I've used in woodland skirmishes. I hope you find the right gun for you!

What gun you want really depend on the distance. The king of woodland is the AK47 in my opinion but I carry a P90 and it has the distance and rate of fire suited for me. One problem I found when renting an AK is that you cannot lie down because of the absolutely huge mags.

The P90 does have distance. It is a bullpup and with the silencer the barrel length is increased further.

I think the 'carbine' is a shorter more compact version of the 'full rifle'. I would guess that special purpose means it is adjusted to a certain aspect. Try a search on google, you might get a definition there.

The P90 does have distance. It is a bullpup and with the silencer the barrel length is increased further.

hang on.... that's not right. The silencer does not increase the barrel length, and if anything it reduces the fps by a very small amount!!!

I think there have been multiple discussion on here in the past on how most AEG's won't outrange each other based on barrel length. I believe the consensus was that range is based mainly upon power and upgrades...not barrel length.

In essence...2 stock TM guns will shoot very similar to each other regardless of how long the barrel is. I think length may play a role in accuracy, but not range.

Unless there is a barrel extension in that silencer for the P90...it does nothing except add the look of a silencer to it.

That's why gas and spring powered rifles are a good sniper weapon and have this extended range you require.

Hannibal

This is one of those perrenial questions, the answer to which should be in a FAQ...

Range is dependent on some variables...

How fast the bb is going.

How heavy the bb is.

How long the barrel of the gun is.

How the hop-up is set.

Given equal fps and equal bb weight, the range will be the same for all guns.

What changes when using a longer barrel is the size of the groupings, and in practical terms this affects the number of the bbs that are in the same effective area at the maximum range of the gun.

What confounds this is the hop-up and wind.

The hop-up rubber heats up and becomes more flexible after about a 100 bbs. This changes the amount of hop applied to the bb. The more hop, the more spin and the increased probablity that the bb will do something pretty random if it touches anything on its way between you and the target.

Because the backspin will be slowed slightly if the bb hits something, and obeying Newton's laws, will impart an equal and opposite reaction to the bb.

You can also see the effect of too much hop being applied to a bb because it will rise up at 90 degrees for no apparent reason.

I am looking for the M4/M15/M16 look with fast ROF, good accuracy, and *distance.*

Can you tell me what the difference is from the Full Rifle, Carbine, and Special Purpose?

Full Rifle

Standard US issue(ish) Has a long Barrel and Handguard.

Carbine

Shorter, shorter Barrel and handguard. Also has a retractable Stock.

SPC (Special Purpose Carbine)

Same as a Carbine except has a Full Stock, and R.A.S. (Rail Accessory System)

(I prefer to call it a RAS as it's not Integrated in to the gun like a RIS.)

R.I.S.

Same as a carbing but with a R.A.S. unit.

Tac. Carbine

Same as a Carbine but with a Full Stock.

M15A2-M15A4

The differences are just the carry handle. The A2 is non removeable, and the A4 has a Removeable Handle, and has a Flat-Top rail.

When you're after a long range rifle the simplest way of looking at it is by seeing which has a long barrel. A long barrel quite often means long range when coupled with decent internals.

Think along the lines of armlalite, AK ,or even a bulpup and that should have a long barrel in.

I own the ICS m16A3, which i am yet to fire :( but i'm told the range is great on it, same for the CA series of armalites. I also used a TM AK Beta Spetsnaz and highky recommend it. It's long enough for woodland, yet compact enough for CQB and can use 600 round hicaps. A good bit of kit for sure.

First I want to start by saying that I couldn't find this by searching.

What are some types of guns that are great for long range/woodland/skirmshes?

What is a good range for woodland guns?

What is the exact brand and model. Are the M16's, M4's, or G36's good in this category?

Any site that will tell me my information?

Thanks,

Almost.

Two letters and two numbers. ;) AK47

One phrase...If it's stock, I really don't think it matters.

I have 2 M4's, a TM AK, TM P90 and a TM G36C. They are all stock for the most part. I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that none of mine will outrange each other. It's basically the same distance for all of them. I use .20's. I have never said to myself...WOW, this AK destroys my G36. I even had a MP5k and I was totally impressed with it. To this day a friend of mine still uses it as a primary in woodland.

My advise...unless you're getting a sniper type weapon...get what you want. You're not going to be outranged unless you play with people who have uber-fps guns and are heavy on the upgrades. A little bit of skill will also make up for the extra perceived range problems.

Hannibal

Wow great feedback.

Basically now what I am wanting is an AEG that has the distance and ROF with little maintence. I probably wont be upgrading it after I spend the serious $300 USD.

I like the looks of the G36's. Anyone tell me what the C, E, and K differences are?

I also like the CA M15A4's, and the TM AK 47's...

Now to find the definition of Armalite...

Thanks!

Pilko mate, what are you on?!?!

Sorry I stand corrected.

Copy and paste 'define:Armalite' into google and it gives you this:

"ArmaLite, originally the ArmaLite Division of the Fairchild Engine and Airplane Corporation, is one of the most influential corporations in the history of 20th century small arms. Established October 1, 1954, ArmaLite is responsible for many of the infantry weapons in service worldwide today, including the M16 and M4 assault rifles.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArmaLite"

The G36s all of them are listed here:

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as14-e.htm

Wow great feedback.

Basically now what I am wanting is an AEG that has the distance and ROF with little maintence. I probably wont be upgrading it after I spend the serious $300 USD.

I like the looks of the G36's. Anyone tell me what the C, E, and K differences are?

I also like the CA M15A4's, and the TM AK 47's...

Now to find the definition of Armalite...

Thanks!

The AK sounds right for you high rate of fire and owned my AK for about three years and have hardly ever cleaned her, expect maybe in the rain :P

The fa-mas might also fir your bill as well. Great little weapona s long as you get over the looks of the gun

Archived