• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1df66545.jpg

External parts:

Shooters Design slide

G&G threaded outer barrel (stripped and re-finished)

GBTech Advanced Armament Spider sound suppressor

Internal parts:

Nine Ball 603 inner barrel with hopup bb

Protec bearing super speed recoil unit

Nine Ball KSC magazine valve

Piston cup replaced with large o-ring

Proud 150% hammer spring (cut)

The parts I started with added up to almost $500, but the custom work I had done to the threaded G&G barrel put it into the .5k club.

DSC03672.JPG

WA MEU Late Model

-PGC Metal Kit

-SD Loading Nozzle set

-Guarder 150% Hammer/Recoil spring set

-Pachmayr Grips

-CP Firing Pin

-4x Wilson Combat 47D magazines

-2x PGC magazine lips

-2x Proud magazine lips

Almost to the $1k club when all is said and done.

Nice USP man, did you get the trades put on the G&G barrel?

I took a picture of the chamber on my Shooters Design barrel, which has the correct nomenclature on it, and then had it engraved at a trophy shop using the image as a template. I also had a new threaded end piece made for me by my uncle who owns a lathe. The one that comes with the barrel is not long enough to allow the slide to cycle with the GBTech suppressor. Then I had a friend of mine who works at an automotive shop send the whole thing out to get anodized once it was finished.

I was recently able to source a real USP Compact safety and it fits perfect. I'd like to get a real slide release if I can find one for cheap, because I cant see why it wouldn't fit if the safety did. I'd also like to put one of those Surefire X500s on this pistol when I have the money.

I wouldnt be so hard on my gun if I was you, KrazyL. How well does the UTL work on the USPC?

Like a charm. anything else has to have a special mount. I will also state that you best have a nice hefty budget because they aren't cheap. the one i use is a loner from my dad. and only for photos. he got his for free when he bought a silencer for his they tactical. while the cheapest i have found them is around 310 some say thay have found them around 290.

Everything i want for mine you have done. Internally anyway. I also am in the works of a new custom silencer and and thread. as you said the dang piece they send with it is to short and doesn't let the slide cycle. but cash is prohibiting me from getting the slide milled out at the moment.

The problem is the barrel size:

usp45ct.jpg

See how HK did it right on their real USPCT?

Milling the slide seems like too much work, you should make the barrel longer in some way to make a suppressor with a wide diameter like yours work. Also with the Protec unit and the highflow valve, the lower frame cracked right open from the amount of recoil when I used green gas with this set up. The hammer spring probably didn't help much either.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks.

I put a lot of thought into how i wanted my 1911 set up. At first i wanted a 5" silver bull barrel. All black with jsut the side of the slide polished leaving the front and rear serations half black/silver and some wood grips. Oh and of course i wanted SA markings

But after going to the shooting range i found that a shorter barrel 1911 looked better on me. After going to an airsoft shop and picking up a bobtail i really like the grip and thus my search began for a shorter then 5" slide for a WA with Springfield Armory markings.

I found that the only short slide/barrel out there for WA with springfield armory markings was that of the v10. The rest is the result of what you see before you.

Something you cant see in the pix is the color cordination i attempted to do.

at the front of the gun the barrel is black and to match that the hamer in the back is black.

Also at the front is the polished bushing to match that is the shinny chamber.

the silver slide is also complimented by the silver triger

The reason for the wood grips is because i actually already had them from the 5" bull barrel idea. I had to custom cut down to match the bobtailed frame.

I didnt notice until later but the color tone is something thats actually been done before by Springfield Armory themselves. check it:

http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-pstl-1911.shtml

• 3 weeks later...