Multicam Pics!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I couldnt be arsed to read every single post in this 59 page thread, has anyone modded their multicam blouse/pants to fit the sweet looking crye elbow/knee pads?

If so, how did it work out? Any pictures?

Thanks

How well do the pads stay i place on the Combat Pants? I'm thinking about wearing a pair on my bike instead of leathers if we get a summer this year.

Pretty well. Well enough to stay in place at all times when going through constant movement? That depends on how tight you have the internal straps setup. There are internal elastic straps that control how tightly the pants are cinched in that area. I assume when you indicate leathers as a possible alternative, you're talking about motorcycles, and not bicycles. Leathers will probably always give you better protection than the heavy weight fabric of the Combat pants. If I was to go down on a bike (which I have) I'd rather be wearing leathers myself.

Not planning on using them for long or fast journeys, just poping to the shops. At the moment i'm wearing jeans so these will provide better protecion than them.

Cheers for the fast reply.

Im gonna sound like a d!ck, but more accidents occur near your home, where you take less notice etcc, than anywhere else, APPARENTLY.

Slightly off topic, but where is the best place to get Multicam replica in the Uk?

Your right they do, but not at motoerway speeds. I know it's chancy but they will be better than wearing jeans if the pads stay in place.

As for replica kit try Land Warrior they've just got ECWCS Jackets instock, a bargain at £40. My bdu's are Crye R6's but i'll be gettin one of these jackets.

Edit: Thought i'd add a picture it looks good, just don't wash it.

ghost_smock.gif

Edited by BigAl

"I am doing my own research in dealing with camoflague unforms. I have always questioned the camoflague capability of the Army ACU, which has motivated me to do my own testing.

Currently, the Army is using the Natick Labs as a test ground for testing of ultimate camoflague.

The tests I am doing are using the Nato Desert and woodland BDU's, the Army ACU, Marine woodland green, and MULTICAM.

I plan to try different environments with varying shades of color to see how the uniforms perform without any additional camoflague."

This was from an poster on military.com who did some test for mulitcam: heres the link.

http://rbaz.tripod.com/pics/uniform_test/

Edited by TheAverageAsian
Anyone have any pictures with Crye multicam with Diamondback tactical pouches/armor carrier in coyote or Camel tan?

nm

I second that! I've been looking at the 'fast attack plate carrier', but the pic on Diamondback's site isn't very clear.

No Mercy - You know they do it in Mulicam too, right?

Edited by Smoke
No Mercy - You know they do it in Mulicam too, right?

Bare in mind that when it comes to Multicam items at DiamondBack Tactical, there's a minimum 8 to 10 week wait for items not in stock (which is most items). The reason for this being that Multicam isn't a hot enough pattern for them to keep high volume amounts of, and therefore they make it to order. However, they only make them to order, when they have enough orders placed for a minimum run of 25 pieces. So unless they have it already in stock in Multicam, you have a VERY long wait ahead of you (i.e. you may never receive it).

I do like the looks of their 'fast attack plate carrier', but it looks like the sides are open which means I'd have to get the cummerbund with it too.

I actually prefer the looks (and the price) of the Blackwater IO Plate carrier with Cummerbund. Although it still isn't available. But it looks pretty bad *albatross* to me.

i have actually just been informed that a few of the pouches i ordered in NOV are being shipped tomorrow. :)

Also the CS rep i have been talking to for all these months informed me that their proces of produstion is changing soon. Apparently it is coming in house so lead times on items especially MC should decrease. :) I am excited about that. I have yet to find a pouch that is better than the BattleLab ones. Some are equal but i have yet to see one better. :)

Bare in mind that when it comes to Multicam items at DiamondBack Tactical, there's a minimum 8 to 10 week wait for items not in stock (which is most items).  The reason for this being that Multicam isn't a hot enough pattern for them to keep high volume amounts of, and therefore they make it to order. However, they only make them to order, when they have enough orders placed for a minimum run of 25 pieces.  So unless they have it already in stock in Multicam, you have a VERY long wait ahead of you (i.e. you may never receive it).

QFT! Ive been waiting about 11 weeks as of now for my battlelab pouches. I was given an ETA of 8-12 weeks. Thru emails with DBT, I was told they will be starting to make their own line in MC soon, and not have to rely on someone else to make them just as ferretkiller said. So it should cut down on the delay in the future.

Im waiting for:

BattleLab GP Pouch, Medium

BattleLab Radio Pouch

BattleLab Admin/Flashlight Pouch

BattleLab GP Pouch Small

BattleLab M4/M16 Triple Mag Pouch x 2

ferretkiller, Im hoping my pouches came in with your order and are being shipped as well!

Edited by Sonny

I wish you luck. Though i had to annoy the heck out of the CS rep i have been talking to. (i jest a little but i have been emailing them pretty consistantly. And to their credit they have been nothing but friendly.)

But i have recieved all of my pouches like the ones you posted, But from the last email i was went i have another Dual Tier M4 mag pouch, an SR25 mag pouch(hopefully will fit my G3 mags) and an entry tool holder, at the time i ordered that i was planning on using it to hold a shotgun but i may have changed my mind.

The Tripple M4 mag pouches are awesome BTW. :)

Yes I agree the CS reps are very professional when dealing with. One did tell me, once the 12 weeks is up to call and ask for an inquiry to be made at the factory for the status. I think she hinted on being persistant, which I have been calling each week since hitting the 8 week marker.

Good luck to you as well ferretkiller, post pictures when you get them!

I wish I would have known about the wait times at DBT before ordering. I've got an MC Accessory Belt and Safariland on order from them. Have any of you ordered either and how long was your wait time? I'm thinking maybe i should cancel the safariland order and get it somewhere else if it doesn't get sent soon. I look forward to posting my MC kit once those items arrive.

Edited by SwitchBlade

The safariland shouldnt take too long for them to get back instock since there is no shortage of them, nor do they need to be made like the MC pouches. I ordered other items, like an BattleLab Accessory belt and Patrol Pack which were in stock and sent within the week after I ordered. They will ship any items that are in stock now, and then send the others when back in stock at no additional charge.

Belt and Patrol Pack:

IMG_3662.JPG

Its hard to tell that belt is MC from it being completely covered with molle. Been thinking of having it removed, so only 2 strips are used. Really no need for that double wide molle under the other molle. Only draw back is their molle is CB unlike Eagles OD on my Ciras on the multicam.