Multicam Pics!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who is this, what does it look like, and how much dose it cost.

Lastly is it a battle belt like what DBT makes, or a blast belt like what Crye makes? They may look similar, but to someone who knows, they are very different in design.

Only Crye makes blast belts as they have integral body armour. What Bozzer makes is a molle belt that look like a blast belt but has no armour.

Can get you some pictures of mine if you want.

I wouldn't expect it have armor but the blast belt also supplies more lumbar support and rides slightly above you waist, where as my battlebelt doesn't do much but pull my pants down and carry stuff effectively.

Pics would be wonderful, especially in use pics.

Edited by frogfish

that very similar to the Dirty Dagger Battle belt, I've had one since dec06 they are sweet. Here is a review that i did a while back of it.

Right well after a nights skirmishing at electro i will try my hand at my first kit review. Where to begin?

.....A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, The Old Republic now cast aside and replaced be the ever expanding Evil Empire.....

As most of you who know me, I pimp the multicam quite a bit and i may have just got my hands on one of the most useful bits of kit ever.

The MC Battle Belt made by Dirty Dagger USA, it is essentially a belt with molle real-estate on it, many have come before it, Tactical Talior have one as well as Viper(one even made by ICE Tactical, no sniggering in the back row TeeTee29) and I'm sure many will come after it, all based on the Battle Belt made by Crye Precision. So, there are many like it! but this one is mine!

What sets this one apart from the other crye copies? Well for a start it comes with its own belt & Center Release Dual Tension Buckle w/ ghillie tex finish built in, 74_1.jpg

adjustable from a 36" to 44" waist (Large size) thus negating the need to buy a seperate riggers belt like some models do. It utilises a 1/2 inch closed cell foam padding and is also contoured which offers extended lumbar support

4d_1.jpg,

eliminates hot spots and eliviates pressure on your waist/hips area making it extremely comfortable to wear for long periods of time by evenly distrubuting the weight around.

It has 2 rows of molle loops running around its circumference totalling 40 attachments

87_1.jpg

in all with 2x 3"inch loops on either side allowing for the attachment of drop leg holsters, leg panels, dump bags etc....

fd_1.jpg

This I'm sure you will agree it gives a vast array of set up options, and means that you don't have to try and cram everything on to your vests. I found it particularly helpful when trying out a High Speed Low Drag loadout on tuesday night, using it in conjuction with a Range Vest* (review of this once i get me own). The Battle Belt allowed me to carry a whole host of bits ie: Dump pouch, pistol mag poches etc around my waist while allowing me to just have the essentials attach to the Range vest ie: MP5 mag pouches.

I wore it all night and after about 10mins from putting it on I pretty much didn't even notice it, it really is that comfortable. It felt very secure and every thing was in reach when i needed it, with nothing to impede me getting to pistol mags or my dump pouch in the heat of the action which can some times be the case when you are wearing a bulky plate carrier or tac vest. It does not move about of its own accord, nore does the belt loosen which i find can happen to a duty belt when you have a holster or loaded up leg panel pulling down on it, it simply hugs your body like a good woman and moves with you!!

It will no doubt also be a dream to use in the ever increasing hot tropical climate we now experience here in the UK during the summer months (due to global warming, buts that's a whole other forum topic found on GreenPeace, Save the Planet etc) allowing you to ditch your boiler effect plate carriers and such and run around freely with out over-heating while still being able to carry a fair amount of kit especially if used in conjuction with a molle leg panel and Range vest or as i plan to use it, as the a HSLD base for a sniper load out allowing you to carry the essentials.

To sum up, the DD Battle Belt is a great piece of kit (real deal for all you geardo's out there) and possibly an essential for the basis of any future HSLD loadout you might be looking to put together, for those of you who haven't been turned yet to the multicam side of the Force(don't worry i will get around to pimping you soon enough ), it is also available in Marpat and ACU camouflage.

So now you know, go out and buy one! "And may the force be with you!"

* Range Vest courtesy of Andy DA2

Pics courtesy of Kilo51 ebay shop

Edited by No Trace 13

They look pretty much the same the main difference i can see is that my one has a slot in line with the leg for sub load rigs.

Ive had a lot of ppl pm me asking how to contact Boris. I can give you the info but his house has been resently badly flooded, but he told me he should be back up and running in two or so weeks.

He is one guy though and i think his got quite a bit of work on (back orders) as he is a fire chief (i think) and has a large order from me he has to finish before he can start on anyone else's ;):P But seriously dont all demand one at once lol.

Ok everyone, I really want to make a Multicam loadout now after staring at it for about two days. How would you recommend starting? Like what is a good brand to buy a pair of trousers and blouse from? I won't be able to do anything TOO crazy with Multicam until I get my job so try to keep it simple and relatively cheap. Thanks for helping a total Multicam noob.

This is what I already have on my list:

Tru-Spec MC Blouse - ACU Cut

Tru-Spec MC Trousers - ACU Cut

Oakley SI Gloves - Tan

Arena Flakjak Goggles - Tan

Altama Desert Combat Boots

Feel free to recommend different makers of trousers and blouses just remember I can't afford Crye Combat yet. Please keep in mind that I am starting with roughly $150 to buy the blouse and trousers and I wont be able to buy much until I get my job. So feel free to put up the "Ultimate" Multicam loadout or the average Multicam loadout. I am going to attempt to balance this loadout with my ACU loadout, so for awhile I will be putting all my money towards this as my ACU loadout is just about done.

Edited by Sarge133

To do it on the cheap (without buying replica gear)... I would recommend starting with the Tru-Spec Multicam BDUs. Then:

* The Oakley gloves look great but I've seen too many teammates go through them after just a couple days use. I'd recommend getting some Tan BlackHawk Fury gloves (they're the same as their S.O.L.A.G.s but without the wrist strap and costs less).

* A Multicam Hat/cap from HSGI or SKD Tactical.

* Tan boots. Get something decent. They're your feet!

* A Rigger's Belt in either Tan or OD (Tan would be better IMHO).

* Chest rig - I'd suggest getting a Coyote Brown or Tan Blackhawk Strike rig. Add Multicam M4 pouches. HSGI make awesome Multicam pouches. Get two or three of those (each can hold 3 mags), and a couple HSGI multicam pistol pouches.

Another great option is to buy a HSGI chest rig like their Direct Action Chest Rig (DACH) in Multicam. It'll cost about $155.15, but it already has all the M4 pouches on it (enough to hold 12 mags!) so you actually end up saving a lot of money in the end.

* Hydration - always a necessity - get a tan or coyote brown CamelBak.

* Leg Holsters - I like HSGI's Multicam pistol holsters because they're versatile enough that you can basically put any pistol in them.

The above list should yield a good, above average collection of kit without seriously breaking the bank. The thing that will cost you the most is the Chest Rig, which is why I suggested the HSGI DACH in multicam because it'll work well plus save you between $40 to $60 compared to getting the chest rig and pouches seperately.

Propper has multicam in both BDU-cut and ACU-cut styles.

This is the cheapest place I've found them:

http://www.vtarmynavy.com/

Click on the links in the top right-hand corner, then click on Multicam Camouflage Clothing & Equipment in the left menu, then Propper Multicam clothing.

Unfortunately, the ACU style is still on preorder (until late August,) but I got a pair of Propper BDU pants and a Condor MC velcro ballcap, which are pretty nice pieces of kit. If I had one nitpick, it's that the Propper material is made of 65/35 poly/cotton, which seems to be heavier than 50/50 cotton/nyco hot weather fabric. However, it is cheaper than the TRUSPEC stuff, which costs at least $15 more.

Damn you and your combat pants No Trace 13, Damn you!!!!

Belt looks nice though.... seen 'em on ebay figured they were probably more expensive on there so never picked one up because I couldn't find DD anyplace else, then by the time I gave in to buying one they stopped selling on ebay.