Multicam Pics!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do people wear webless soft armors such as the paca just for the look? Seems sort of pointless to have that extra weight when you don;t need the ballistic protection.

Everything i wear i wear for the look.It has to have function though,in the colder UK weather the extra heat from wearing armour is handy on top of which it's better than get shot in the tit on a cold day?Multicam is practical but it's still worn for the look or we'd all be wearing our home Countries uniforms where we can get them.

Do people wear webless soft armors such as the paca just for the look? Seems sort of pointless to have that extra weight when you don;t need the ballistic protection.

Well, I wear a Replica with Foam Inserts, it takes the Sting out of close-range BB and is quite light-weight. If you are talking about the real one I agree with you tough.

Great kit. I know how those days go too, I was dead sick the other week with the flu... so I took a picture of me and all my gear.

I've been thinking of getting those hi-tec multicam pants and jacket. We'll have to see though, they'll be last on the agenda.

Good stuff mate.

Bought a set of the UR-Tactical replica Combat Knee pads to compare to my real Crye Combat Knee Pads. They look decent, but the don't perform the same:

The rubber tan cap on the Crye pads, when deformed by small rocks and such, return to it's original form.

The tan caps on the UR-Tactical pads are made from hard plastic instead of rubber, so when you get small dents in it from taking a knee... those dents are there to stay... forever.

The black part of the Crye pads are made from nice closed cell foam that gives the user decent padding.

The black part of the UR-Tactical pads are made from some kind of foam, but they don't have much compression which is key to comfort.

In terms of looks, the UR-Tactical is very close except for those horizontal treads across the tan cap... which I actually kinda like as they do seem to give better traction. The tan color is very close match to that of the Crye pads, and they fit in both UR-Tactical Combat pants and the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Crye Combat Pants.

Thought I'd share.

Do people not wear soft armour with multicam? I've only seen one pic so far with a tan PACA...

I wear a multicam beez combat systems [bCS] NIJ cover when I use chestrigs with my combat shirt. Otherwise I wear an Eagle CIRAS, which covers all the bases.

BCS Cover, foam inserts, MP5 Chestrig on top:

n277002089_1985654_2917.jpg

As for wearing actual soft armour.... I've just got hold of a set of level III to put in my CIRAS, I'll see how it goes. Its mainly for the excercise, just like the 8Kg of EBR and pouches stuffed with items.

Edited by -Angel-