Multicam Pics!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are indeed replica, and not real - but they share a very close resemblance :huh:

Pretty cool pic H&K - Kinda posie though lol :P

Also.... trying to keep a straight face? Even though the murky water is freezing? :lol:

Lol. The picture was taken by one of the event photographers I believe. I actually was looking for the way out of the nippy water...My MC was getting wet again!!! I had to save it!! :o

Ok...so it was cold. 5km of mud and water does that to you <_<

H&K

Got my first item from Lakota Industries ile tell you this now its not worth the price they charge unless the object is solid.

I got my Event Mask done at a cost of $105 i was quoted $65 and shipping was $15 so i dont know where the increase came from ?

First thing first this in no way is the same colour as multicam fabric i asked for low gloss mill spec coating yes this is nice on its own but when compared to multicam it sticks out, its mainly green with the multicam pattern.

The mask is made of rubber so it can bend as it bends the multicam finish cracks and falls off, from being shot once the multicam flim has cracked and split, apparently it scratches off just as easy on solid objects

The worksmanship is not too good, there are places where the multicam has chip'ed and lakota has not done anything and places they have missed.

I guess because its rubber it gave them the hard job but £50 is way way too much for a simple paint job, i am tempted to film a scar but now i seen what this is actually like i may just stick to tan

Newfolder131.jpg

Close up (see multicam written)

Newfolder132.jpg

Newfolder133.jpg

Compared to Multicam:

Newfolder134.jpg

Newfolder136.jpg

Edited by Crimson

The difference you're seeing is due to the pattern being applied to different materials. When the Multicam pattern is applied to fabric, the fabric absorbs the dye differently than when the pattern is applied to plastic. In truth, the color you're seeing coated onto the plastic, is the truest and most unadulterated form of the pattern. It's just not what you're used to. That's also why there's a difference between the Propper BDUs and the TruSpec BDUs. The fabric for both BDUs are made by Crye, but they're printed on different fabrics resulting in different end results.

If Lakota over charged you, you should definitely call or email and find out where the difference in cost went. If you paid by credit card, you could even threaten to contest the charges.

If you're not satisfied with the results you can probably ease its effect by using some dull clear coat.

Sweet thanks Jon let me know ile see how it looks :)

Yeh thats why i was thinking my SCAR and EOTEC wont look too bad because its a hard surface then again its a 553 in tan and looks so so nice ;)

Ok does anyone want to do a group shippment of items or AEGS to Lakota.

Rifle cost is roughly $300 each if we group in of 15 or more items it becomes roughly $115 each (will get specific quote)

So if you want something coated let me know and we can send it all in for discount:)

Edited by Crimson

It's a PTW, with PTW Mag internals in a PMAG.

Although, how come you came to the conclusion that the bolt was a deciding factor I don't know... ALL M4 AEGs have a fake bolt, covering the gearbox and hop up... same with PTW!

Edited by Shriven
It's a PTW, with PTW Mag internals in a PMAG.

Although, how come you came to the conclusion that the bolt was a deciding factor I don't know... ALL M4 AEGs have a fake bolt, covering the gearbox and hop up... same with PTW!

Try again...

Thats the back of an Eagle plate carrier clone in fake multicam 600D material.

Most decent gear is made of 1000D. I can't comment on that particular vest, but the original Ealge plate carrier is a fine piece of kit.