Multicam Pics!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How does one go about acquiring Gunvest products?

You typically have to be Korean as they would only sell to fellow Koreans. Not sure if that rule still applies, but I believe it was a very limited supply while they were being produced. It's not the most accurate vest though.

* The curvature of the plates are all wrong on the Korean one. The overall shape when worn is also incorrect.

* The hook locking mechanism on the left side that hooks the front plate to the left side armor is covered in multicam whereas the other US made replica, while not perfect is made from shaped Tan Kydex and looks much closer to the real one. Also, on the Korean one, you can't shift the front plate left and right to get it perfectly centered, whereas the US replica is made the same way as the real one is so it can be moved and adjusted for perfect fitting.

* Those side release buckles on either side of the front plate... not sure why the Korean one has that as on the real one it isn't necessary.

* Looks like they skimped on the drag handle on the rear plate.

* They didn't bother putting three snaps on either side of the top of the front plate pocket.

* They got the thickness of the soft pieces wrong: too thin in some sections, too thick in others.

* Their webbing and binding tape isn't milspec, and the stuff they did use is at most "seconds", definitely not "firsts", and most likely only consumer grade. The same goes for their velcro. That is definitely consumer grade and won't last as long as mil-spec.

* One thing the Korean's did do moderately decently is the Gen. 1 stock locks. They're not perfect but they kinda look the part. Problem is, all the real world SF operators out there complained to Crye that the Gen. 1 stock locks had a tendancy to catch on everything and were made in such a way that they didn't really function well as stock locks, which was why they made some of the newer Chassis about 1 to 1.5 years ago with the Gen 1.5 stock locks. The biggest difference between the Gen. 1 and Gen 1.5 stock locks is that the 1.5 did away with the nubs on the outer edge of the stock lock as those were what caught on everything and never really worked to hold the stock in place (just more trouble than they were worth). So they switched to a diagonal rubber padding that won't catch on gear and still functioned well as a stock lock. (unfortunately, in the Vanguards video on youTube, although they are wearing Crye Precision Chassis with the Gen. 1.5 stock locks, when whoever assembled the chassis on set (the Chassis comes disassembled from Crye), they assembled it with the shoulders swapped). The Gen 2 Chassis has no stock locks at all I seem to recall.

* Their's doesn't come with a Deltoid protector, long hydration pouch both of which are key signatures of the Future Force Warrior program and in GRAW1/2.

* The Korean one isn't all bad, just a bit inaccurate here and there, but that's because they based it off photos whereas the US made replica based his off his own real one.

There's more to the list, but that's stuff I can't confirm without a closer look at the Korean one, and I don't want to imply something that may not be true.

TBH, if you really like the Gunvest chassis, I'd recommend waiting for the HK replica. The current HK replica Chassis was copied 1:1 off the Korean Gunvest, inaccuracies included. They currently only seem to have Tan, but Multisham is inevitable. They're also a lot cheaper than the Korean version. The Korean version was something like $600+/-, whereas the HK replica is $350 shipped.

The best replica to date is still the US made replica which is made by a RS tactical gear manufacturer, however, for all the added accuracies, it's also a lot more expensive than the Gunvest Chassis ($1,200-$1,400)... but keep in mind that the US replica is made to the same specs (except it uses fake plates and Gen 1.5 stock locks) as the real chassis which costs around $3,000 for the chassis + the same accessories as the replica. I've compared the replica Chassis to a real one my friend has.

Here's my US Replica Chassis:

mychassis02anp6.jpg

And here's another one I sold recently:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9669/dsc09139qe8.jpg

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4924/dsc09140dr0.jpg

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/5430/dsc09142nl1.jpg

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8068/dsc09144ld5.jpg

Edited by uscmCorps

Seen it. Actually I saw a sample of one of those Flyye Ind. Chassis while in HK a few weeks back. It's not bad (definitely not great either), but those plates are extremely flat and oversized. "INVISTA 1000D Cordura Nylon"!?!! And black stock locks? <_< The quality of the thing's overall QC was pretty bad and the bar tacking looked like it won't last long. The Korean Gunvest had better QC than the Flyye one did. I'd rather save a little extra and get an Eagle Multicam CIRAS or spend a lot less on an Eagle Multicam PC w/ cummerbund.

Hi,

what did you modify on your Combat Shirt? did you remove the Lycra of the chest? Why????

-Akira

I think his got an mc waistcoat on over the top. I havent seen them sold anywhere, where did u get it if that's what it is? :D

Thanks.

Do You mean the range vest http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=22158 I have one its not real MC but it matches ok. I use mine in the summer with my short sleeve under amour, its got a Hydro pouch in the back and once you put a frozen bladder in there its like personal air con :D . There's a guy at my site who has a real Crye one but it cost him like £200-£250 :blink:

Edited by Pdubyuh

Actually, while I have a real Crye Range Vest, I find it a little too bulky to wear under my armor/vests.

So instead, I make a light weight range vest that's perfect for wearing underneath armor by taking a regular Multicam BDU top (in the ACU cut) and carefully cut off the sleeves. The sleeveless BDU top is worn over the Crye Combat Shirt and can then be worn tucked out or tucked in. Looks great and gives me a little extra warmth during winter months.

I also do it for my Crye Combat BDUs in Universal Pattern. I'll show you guys pics tonight.

-A

Big Thx. to usmcCorps :)

Your hints and a lot of googl use, led me to the company DD hides in.

But I think that the GunWest is more in the price range I have to acept... :mellow:

Just have to Hide alle the MultiScam behind all my TT and ICE poutches...

Big Thx. to usmcCorps :)

I have one spare Chassis in Multicam and one spare in ACU if anyone is interested. :)

TBH, in my opinion you can get a really nice vest platform by buying an Eagle PC with cummerbund and some pouches. It doesn't have to be a Chassis. It just needs to work for you. IMHO that would be a better use of your money than spending it on one of those Korean/HK Chassis.

I have one spare Chassis in Multicam and one spare in ACU if anyone is interested. :)

TBH, in my opinion you can get a really nice vest platform by buying an Eagle PC with cummerbund and some pouches. It doesn't have to be a Chassis. It just needs to work for you. IMHO that would be a better use of your money than spending it on one of those Korean/HK Chassis.

Will second that, having owned the gunvest chassis and now own the DD chassis the differences are pretty major, just in fit and feel.

Is it the DD version i always wanted one ? PM me if it is ;)

The Korean vest is ok providing that your medium build and around 5 foot 9, if you’re not then its difficult to fit to those who are taller like myself. I also used to own the Eagle PC with cummerbund and sold it for the chassis i wish i didn’t its true, The chassis is a bit lame i guess that’s why Crye discontinued it, its just to rigid and un adjustable.

Edited by Crimson
Is it the DD version i always wanted one ? PM me if it is ;)

The Korean vest is ok providing that your medium build and around 5 foot 9, if you’re not then its difficult to fit to those who are taller like myself. I also used to own the Eagle PC with cummerbund and sold it for the chassis i wish i didn’t its true, The chassis is a bit lame i guess that’s why Crye discontinued it, its just to rigid and un adjustable.

It is indeed the DD Chassis. So as not to clog up this thread, please all interested parties PM me.

As for Crye discontinuing the Chassis.... it was never discontinued... it evolved. However the newest generation of CP Chassis looks nothing like the ones we came to love as featured in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 & 2. Gen. 2 looks a lot more like a regular vest, which is cool, just not as bad-*albatross* looking as the Gen 1 & 1.5 Chassis IMHO.

As for the comment about the chassis being "too rigid and unadjustable"... well that comment is true in regards to the Korean one, but not when it comes to the US made replica and Crye one as those are highly adjustable and once worn is much more secure on the body. As a matter of fact, in this pic I'm using an EMDOM Universal Sling, which I have found on some vests to have pros and cons. Pros being that it's super simple to use, cons being that it can pull one side of your vest really badly and mess up your balance. However, when used with the Chassis... because the chassis is so well built and the weight distribution done right, I've never felt one side of the chassis being pulled down because the vest redistributes the weight evenly. It's pretty awesome like that.

Anyway... if you're interested it's first come first serve so send me a PM.

Looks like a Coyote or Khaki Eagle Plate Carrier with Cummerbund.

Well it can't be eagle carrier because picture talks about Blackhawk sapi armour(typo?) carrier.

It might be this one:

http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=32V1

You can see same black buckles near hes shoulders.

Oh yeah and the chest rig over plate carrier is made by paraclete :D