Multicam Pics!

Hate to say it mate but IMHO, that's a poor example of MC use. Even the ACU couch photo demonstrates better benefits of camo (http://bp0.blogger.com/_EtTeY5rxMzo/Rc1rsi7T4fI/AAAAAAAAAAM/ft4WuBSdT5c/s1600-h/ACU+Test.bmp). My opinion of a working camo is if the subject is in front or beside the foliage and it still blends in.

Edited by AnakChan
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I did my best. I had fun and that matters to me I thought we were pretty hard to spot but maybe my Eyes are bad. Thanks for the criticisms, I'll keep that in mind next time.

What ever camo scheme you are wearing is best used as a basis for you camo.Natural foiliage breaks up the outline but it has to be topical & changed as you move from enviroment to enviroment.I've found multicam to be excellant in the sort of dappled light you'd get in a woodland,of course that is difficult to photograph.Even a standard photo showing the subject well concealed isn't a fair comparison because we see in 3d & a photo is 2d.As AnakChan said,if you stop during a game & you find you blend in, then your camo scheme works well but at the end of the day you only need a few seconds where you enemy is confused about what they are seeing & you can pull the trigger.I do believe Multicam works well in forest & woodlands.

Can someone answer this question?

i see people with "built in" elbow pads and knee pads in their multicam bdus?

what brand makes that? or do you have to get them separate?

Places like www.ebaybanned.com & www.dragonredairsoft.com sell BDUs with knee & elbow pads.I have the version 2 BDUs in ACU & the version 1 in Multicam.I'm assuming the version 2 BDUs in Multicam will be as good a quality as the ACUs in which case they would be the choice i'd recommend buying as the fit & finish is of a higher quality.There's not a lot wrong with my Multicam version 1 pants but the top is a bit tight.Comparing my Multicam BDUs to my version 2 ACUs the V1s have loose threads inside which the V2s don't.

They are releasing V3s in other colours but might get round to multicam.I'd say they are worth the money.I haven't been able to get any pix of my V1 Multicams yet as i've been busy & the weather has been bad but hopefully i should get some the day after tomorrow if i get time.

RT B)

Edited by rolling-thunder

If you have the money to spend, definitely go for the OPS Apparel. (www.ur-tactical.com). I just got my set today, and it's outstanding quality. Kliskey posted a review of them a while ago, if you want to know more.

E: Another thing - does anyone use the Condor P90 Pouches? While the Build Quality is great, the Design Quality is not so good.... First, the MOLLE Attachement is divided into two Straps, and the MOLLE Distance is not continuous. Meaning I can attach either of the Straps fine, but not use both. (For example, if I weave the top strap in, the Loops on the bottom strap are almost on top of the Base Loops).

Another thing is the Pouch Opening.... on both sides are "Lips", in front because of some Cordura, in back there is the Flap attacjhed by Velcro. It makes taking a magazine out almost impossible with one Hand because it always gets stuck. So far, the only solution I have is to remove the flap completely.

Since I am an avid P90 User hovewer, I'm looking for solutions around these Problems - i'd rather avoid spending more money on Tactical Tailor Pouches.

Thanks!

Edited by FallenGuard

Alright thread, I've got a question:

I currently use Multicam made by SKD and some Alta knee pads, but I've recently been really interested in trading them in for some combat pants and shirt with the integrated pads. Since CP has been out of stock forever and I generally despise replicas, I would tend to go with the OPS set. But I have been reading reviews on the newer replica sets, and they don't actually look That bad. But pictures can be tricky. Is it really worth it to save the money and get a replica?

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just realized that someone just asked essentially the same question. Off to do more searching then.

Edited by Spekter