Multicam Pics!

Gah, how are all of yall getting these Gen 2 pants, while I am forced to wait until Crye gets off their *albatross* and updates their site.

USMC- How do the Gen2 pants compare to the UR tactical pants?

Can I answer, can I answer :rolleyes: ?? Assuming you're talking about the UR-T Direct Action (rather than Integrated Battle), the UR-Tact's a lot heavier I find. Mind you though but maybe more for the winter since it's thicker. CP Gen2 uses ripstop too which helps the weight. Pockets for Gen2 is more "normal" whereas the UR-Tact one is a little "funny" (e.g. the front thigh zipper pocket is vertical, would have been more accessible if it were horizontal opening).

Overall I think I'm beginning to like the Crye Gen2 more despite the sand colour stretchy patches for the knee joints. I also like the small pockets at the bottom near the foot. But the one thing I don't like is the zipper fly is short.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I answer, can I answer :rolleyes: ?? Assuming you're talking about the UR-T Direct Action (rather than Integrated Battle), the UR-Tact's a lot heavier I find. Mind you though but maybe more for the winter since it's thicker. CP Gen2 uses ripstop too which helps the weight. Pockets for Gen2 is more "normal" whereas the UR-Tact one is a little "funny" (e.g. the front thigh zipper pocket is vertical, would have been more accessible if it were horizontal opening).

Overall I think I'm beginning to like the Crye Gen2 more despite the sand colour stretchy patches for the knee joints. I also like the small pockets at the bottom near the foot. But the one thing I don't like is the zipper fly is short.

I have the battle, and got them from USMC. SO NO YOU AR NOT ALLOWED TO ANSWER. But in all seriousness, thanks for your help anyway.

I am not so patiently awaiting ordering a Khaki pair of pants and MC shirt.

USMC- How do the Gen2 pants compare to the UR tactical pants?

The UR Tactical Pants come in two varieties Direct Action Pants Style and Integrated Battle Pants Style.

The Direct Action Pants are styled after the Crye Precision Gen 1 Combat Pants.

The Integrated Battle Pants are styled after the Crye Precision Gen 2 Combat pants.

The Direct Action Pants are roomier like the Gen 1s, and once you get rid of those Pelvis M4 pouches (like I did on my DA Pants), the DA Pants look very similar to the Gen 1s.

The Integrated Battle Pants are very very similar to the CP Gen 2 pants in that they have a tighter overall fit, external velcro straps at the knee to have the pants fit tighter there, and the knee suspension system is also adjusted via straps contained within the top pockets. The main difference between the IB Pants and the CP Gen 2s are that the CP Gen 2s have elastic sections above the buttocks, and above the knees. On my black, tan and OD Green pants, those elastic section aren't too noticeable as they match the ripstop fabric nicely. On the Multicam Gen 2s I'm not a big fan of the use of Tan elastic used alongside the Multicam rip stop. It just seems like too big of a contrast. That's somewhat forgivable on the Gen 2 Multicam shirts, as that Tan material is mostly covered by a vest. But I don't particularly care for it on the Gen 2 Multicam Pants.

I personally really like the IB pants. They fit me just right. I have heard some complaints from people saying how they felt the pants fit a little too tightly above the thighs (basically the groin). I would say that I like them more than my CP Gen 2 kit and they cost me about the same. But they're not for everyone. They basically fit like a pair of jeans whereas the DA Pants and CP Gen 1 Pants fit baggier like regular BDUs.

Sizing wise, CP Gen 1 and 2 Combat pants are the same. I normally wear a size 33/34 x 30 jeans or Medium Regular BDUs. The CP Gen 1 & 2 Combat Pants are made roomier and I wear a size 32/S and 32/R (I have both sizes in both versions). The UR-Tactical pants sizing that works for me is Medium Regular. All these pants, CP Gen 1, CP Gen 2, UR-Tac DA, UR-Tac IB, have velcro fastening at the waist which makes them somewhat adjustable for different waist sizes by +/- 2".

Regarding the CP Combat Shirts, CP Gen 1's were always undersized (i.e. I wear a Medium Regular BDU shirt, but I HAVE to wear a Large Regular or Large Short CP Gen 1 shirt). That was purely because the torso fabric was so tight, and though I'm proportionately large in the chest and arms compared to the average build, but generally, Gen 1s ran a bit small. Gen 2s on the other hand run true to size and I have all Medium Regular in those. I prefer the fit and feel of the CP Gen 2 over the CP Gen 1. The T-shirt material in the torso is less... revealing and generally a bit more comfortable.

It should also be said that the UR-Tactical OPS Direct Action Shirts are based off the Crye Precision Gen 1 Combat Shirts. The main difference being that the UR-Tactical shirt has map holders built into the forearms, and it has a full length (top to bottom) zipper whereas the CP Gen 1 Shirt's zipper terminates in the middle of the chest. For anyone that has ever worn a Gen 1 Combat shirt, you know how easy it is to split the seams trying to put that sucker on or take it off... You need to treat it with a great deal of care. What I really love about the OPS DA Shirts is the full zipper. You essentially get the exact same thing as a regular CP Gen 1 Shirt, the difference being that it's very easy to get in and out of the UR-Tac OPS DA Shirt and I prefer it over the CP Gen 1 Combat Shirt.

The OPS DA and IB Shirts and Pants with external built in knee and elbow pads are all 100% compatible with all Gen 1 and 2 CP Combat Shirts and Pants. In fact, the only thing I really don't like about the UR-Tac/OPS gear is the pads. They basically "redesigned" the pad's outward appearance, but the truth is, that legally that doesn't cut it as CP's patent on the pads are pretty thorough. With that in mind, I kinda wish UR-Tac would just re-design their external pad caps to be something a little less odd looking, like a circular cap rather than triangle with ridges for traction (or just replicate the CP design correctly... though I can't really endorse that).

Here's me in my UR-Tactical Tan Integrated Battle Pants with Crye Precision Combat Knee Pads. (Black Hoodie from REI ... lol)

fdepmc02smallin4.jpgfdepmc01smallyb0.jpg

As you can see, they look very similar to the CP Gen 2 pants.

These are simply my findings. Your mileage may vary.

25iamuf.jpg

A members of a Deployed Aircraft Ground Response Element from the 1st Special Operations Security Forces Squadron catalog and bag evidence gathered from a simulated high value target elimination scene during the Emerald Warrior Exercise, Feb. 3. The forensic evidence collected from the scene could result in the identification of other high value targets.

(Photo by Senior Airman Julianne Showalter : 1st Special Operations Wing Public Affairs)

From MilitaryPhoto.net

64pc2x.jpg

From MilitaryPhoto.net

A member of a Deployed Aircraft Ground Response Element from the 1st Special Operations Security Forces Squadron surveys the area for threats during a tactical evidence collection simulation during the Emerald Warrior Exercise, Feb. 3. Collecting forensic evidence from the scene verifies the elimination targets and provides further intelligence for other high value targets.

(Photo by Senior Airman Julianne Showalter : 1st Special Operations Wing Public Affairs)

@ withard: I'd hit it.

If someone said that about my girlfriend I'd punch them in the d*ck. Get back in your lane, bro.

Withard and rolling-thunder, you (or your missus) both have awesome kits. Very cool. RT, how do you find the Serpa there? I run my Safariland 6004 in a similar config on my RRV (ok so it's not technically a 6004 when it's on a MOLLE plate, but whatever) and I'm finding it gets in the way with shouldering my rifle a bit. Then again, I like to shoulder my long gun Chris Costa style (tucked right in there) so maybe it's just me.

Edited by HaVoC

I can get my weapon right into my shoulder.I've seen SF guys with their holsters up there & i was a bit doubtful but in my case it works.

I have other options for mounting the holster{blast belt or normal hip mounting} for i favour having the holster mounted that high.

Ive tried the blackhawk molle adapter on both my chestrig and my ciras, and I just cant seem to get a nice draw angle on it.

Personally, I kinda like my gun on the hip, but that is kinda diffcult with the rest of the gear :P

I like the angle, I don't really like the amount of room it takes. It's a lot more solid than my home made version with malice clips though so I'm sticking with it.

If someone said that about my girlfriend I'd punch them in the d*ck. Get back in your lane, bro.

Withard and rolling-thunder, you (or your missus) both have awesome kits. Very cool. RT, how do you find the Serpa there? I run my Safariland 6004 in a similar config on my RRV (ok so it's not technically a 6004 when it's on a MOLLE plate, but whatever) and I'm finding it gets in the way with shouldering my rifle a bit. Then again, I like to shoulder my long gun Chris Costa style (tucked right in there) so maybe it's just me.

My apologies. Poor compliment is poor.

That angle of the SERPA looks uncomfortable/slow to draw... but if you like it there, more power to you.

That angle of the SERPA looks uncomfortable/slow to draw... but if you like it there, more power to you.

It is slower to draw than if it was hip mounted but i'm not needing a sidearm for fast draw.If i need to draw it from the holster for room clearance i know well enough in advance & i can draw it easily enough if i'm sat in a vehicle.

RT B)

I sent a mail to a local distributor for outdoor clothing (Called Stormberg, www.stormberg.no), and they will probably start the sale of a lot of "camel" colored clothing (tan), fleece hoodies and softshells. At very low prices. 50-70$. If possible, marketed towards our troops over in a-stan. I have ordered a dark brown fleece hoodie myself (Stormberg Polar Curly), for use in the Norwegian winter. I'll take some photos of it with MC when I get a chance!

@ Withard:

not a peltor(with that PTT). You have to see it from a woman's point of view. Women like to be seen. Since in MC she don't get seen, she needs an ACU kit :D

Anyways you should let her try a 249 before she buys one. Unless she's doing some serious bodybuilding, it's gonna be a waste of money

It is a Peltor Comtac II dude. I bought it with different wiring so had to convert it to work with a NEXUS PTT. but i assure you it is a geniune Peltor :)