Multicam Pics!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How does it fit, been considering buying desert fox's.

The same as the real thing. It's a direct copy off the real deal (which I have also had the opportunity to try on). Uses real Multicam too. It's hands down the most accurate replica out there bar none. The other replicas are very close in some respects, but vastly different in others. Probably the heaviest chassis / plate carrier rig I have (I have real CIRAS etc), and yet it feels the lightest of them all as the way it's designed feels super comfy. It's actually pretty incredible how it redistributes the weight so evenly. You can put a lot of gear on it and not feel weighed down.

* Edited for grammar

Edited by uscmCorps

Nice USCM, are those Condor shingle in front?

Need to get myself one. Anyone suggest a good MOLLE Belt in MC that isn't CP? I cant afford that much yet :P

Blackwater I-O Belt. I liked mine a bunch before I got rid of it for a different layout.

Edited by Reincarnation...

Blackwater I-O Belt. I liked mine a bunch before I got rid of it for a different layout.

+1 to that. Get some good suspenders and it's the most comfortable system to use.

Yup, Condors. Surprisingly decent, very low profile, and I like the fact that the MOLLE on them is made out of Multicam Fabric. :)

+1 to that. Get some good suspenders and it's the most comfortable system to use.

I used to use the Multicam Suspenders Crusader made which were based off the Crye version. Once the real Crye one was available I bought that instead. As for belts, I really like Crusader Multicam Padded belts. They're a very decent replica of the Crye Blast Belts with removable padding and made from real Crye fabric. Goes perfectly with my Gen 1 Chassis at least. :D

DD GenI Chassis! :wub:

That's just plain awesome! Guess you have the GenI pants to go with that (and ain't willing to sell either?-I wouldn't, I'd keep em locked in a safe)

I have a Crusader belt coming in also. If German customs ever get their thumbs out of their rectums, that is

edit:

as far as replicas go(excluding the DD Chassis) the closest in form is propably the dragonred chassis. it had pretty authentic stock locks and the kydex locking system for the front plate. but it's multisham

the flyye one has stocklocks in the gen1.5 size and doesn't have the kydex locking system, but it's multicam and likely the best quality of the asian copies.

speaking of the kydex locking thing, if I wanted to have something like that reproduced, where would I look? likely not at the next hardware store...

Edited by Chevieblazer

DIYtactical has Kydex (not sure if they ship to Europe) and all you need to do is go to a hardware store and buy a heat gun, they run around $20-40 US not sure what that is in EUR.

If DIY won't ship you can look around for Kydex sheets, you can cut them pretty easily with pliers, and once it's heated it's a piece of cake to form.

Guess you have the GenI pants to go with that (and ain't willing to sell either?-I wouldn't, I'd keep em locked in a safe)

Got several pairs. I was thinking of putting the Gen 1 Crye 32L pants on ebay. The rest I'm keeping for myself (as they really are much better than the Gen 2s (IMHO)).

edit:

speaking of the kydex locking thing, if I wanted to have something like that reproduced, where would I look? likely not at the next hardware store...

Frogfish's suggestion of Kydex is probably your best bet. That's what DD did with his as he never had the ability to cast plastics so he went with Kydex. Works just as well.

I never should have passed up getting a Chassis while I was working with DD.

You do know that DesertFox is selling his DD Chassis for a crazy good price right?:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=163391

Crazy good price? It would have been 200 plus cutting the webbing and cordura for mine.

I'd be really shocked if Stuart would have gone down to that price. I know he was asking $1,200+ for his Chassis Rigs when I was first interested. The price did fluctuate a lot after that. $200 wouldn't even cover material cost ... and if there was anything I knew about DD ... he liked to get as much as he possibly could. I know a few guys in the UK, EU and HK paid $1,300+. And I know that for a fact.

I do recall he was offering the front and rear plate holders for around $200 at one point on eBay until Crye jumped on him.

I'd be tempted to call BS on that price of $200, but I don't know you and I don't know what kind of relationship you had with DD. Maybe you had something on him that no one else had? B)

One thing I don't miss is dealing with him. Maybe he truly had all those medical issues he said he had. Maybe he had the WORST luck of anyone I have ever met. If that were truly the case, I feel horrible for him. But his continual dropping off the face of the earth and complete inability to keep track of orders was extremely frustrating to say the least. He still owes me a bunch of gear which I'll probably never see.

Edited by uscmCorps

I was actual friends with him. As in I helped him build alot of the gear you guys are using now. It was almost a weekly event to visit him and work on new stuff. That said I have seem him once since I enlisted and had no interest in the Chassis at the time as it would have been nothing more than a thing that I didn't need.

I would rate the chassis replica

1) Dirty Dagger

2) Flyye - Based off the dirty dagger dimensions, but lacks the locking system and properly shaped plates

3)First run of Gunvest - Dimensions were off so fit didn't feel right or very secure when loaded up, but at least it was made of genuine multicam

4)Dragon Red - despite having good looking internal pads, and well replicated locking system. Everything else looks horrid and misshaped, I can only imagined they copied the gunvest dimensions which were off in the first place.

A lot of the earlier DD chassis had incorrectly shaped plates. The problem was that while he copied the dimensions exactly, he didn't put the right complex curves back into the plates making all his original plates too flat, thus looking too wide. When I first received mine I noticed this immediately and worked back and forth with him to get the right amount of curve put into the plates. Now all the plates I have, and all the chassis I've resold to others have had those correct plates. But I'm pretty sure all the copies based off the DD chassis were copied from a version with flat plates ... or they're just really bad replicators.

But I'm pretty sure all the copies based off the DD chassis were copied from a version with flat plates ... or they're just really bad replicators.

The Gunvest plates are flat, I had to bend them myself. the flyye front plate does have a slight curve, not sure if it's "enough" or not. Rear one if flat. I suppose curvings are kinda hard to replicate using neoprene foam or something the like.

As for the pants, neither would I if I had them, and I don't suppose you'd be interested in swapping with a GenII. Too bad, the 32long you're willing to sell is like 4" too long :(