Multicam Pics!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it possible to get that water transfer done? or is it just a bulk thing?

What ever you want mate, send ###### an e mail and he'll get back to you with a price probably the same day. Quoted me $40 for a Combat Knife and $230 for an M14.

If only Crye would answer their e mails, tring to get some of the film sent over to a UK Dip Coating Company

Nachostheclown, three of my favorite things in one picture Multicam, Guns and Redheads.

Edited by BigAl
Is it possible to get that water transfer done? or is it just a bulk thing?

What ever you want mate, send ###### an e mail and he'll get back to you with a price probably the same day. Quoted me $40 for a Combat Knife and $230 for an M14.

If only Crye would answer their e mails, tring to get some of the film sent over to a UK Dip Coating Company

Nachostheclown, three of my favorite things in one picture Multicam, Guns and Redheads.

Send who an email? :huh:

Here is a quote from the MM site that did a review on the stuff. That should help a little.

"An important note: Crye Precision is not involved in the coating of parts beyond licensing coaters to use official MultiCam film. Crye Precision does not do any coating or take orders for MultiCam coating projects. All MultiCam coating work is done directly by licensed coaters. All orders should be placed directly with the coater. All technical questions should also be addressed to the coater.

Ok, so where to get this done? Currently, Dynamic Finishes is the only coater licensed to use MultiCam film. For more information, contact them directly:

Dynamic Finishes

800-693-7455

www.dynamicfinishes.com

The web is best way to find out more info and learn how to submit parts for processing.

Current estimated turnaround is 4-6 weeks on custom projects

A custom order price guide is also available on-line

Currently, MultiCam is not publicly listed on their site as a camo option because it is so new, but they have the film in stock."

Source (check in the camoflauge section)

There is also another supplier listed on the bottom of the CRYE page that was linked to above.

Good luck.

Finally got some pics of my Multicams :D:D

DSCF1700.jpg

DSCF1701.jpg

DSCF1702.jpg

DSCF1703.jpg

Kit List:

TacGear.de geniune MC Boonie - approx £17 delivered from TheCombatStore.co.uk

3rd Gen replica MC BDUs (shirt & trousers) - approx £50 delivered CRW-Airsoft.com

Proud Lightweight Plate Carrier in Coyote Brown, along with hydration pouch, large GP pouch, and Admin panel w/torch - approx £120 delivered from AirsoftSupplier.co.uk

OD Nomex flightgloves - approx £17 delivered from OnPatrol.co.uk

Oakley SI dessert boots - approx £70 delivered from UKTactical.com

Si

I contacted the guy doing it in Ohio (the only one licensed to) He said $100 for an airsoft gun, any, doesnt matter. Just have to strip it down and take the gear box and motor out. He said he can have it back to you if your in the lower 48 in less than 2 weeks. Mines gettting sent out next week.

They varnish it after dipping. Put it like this the process works well enough for Beretta, Mossberg etc to use it. Thats how they do their camo finish guns. Aston Martin and CCM aslo use the process for ally and carbon fibre look parts.

Edit: Ever seen a Realtree Camo Air Rifle, thas dipped aswell.

Edited by BigAl
They varnish it after dipping. Put it like this the process works well enough for Beretta, Mossberg etc to use it. Thats how they do their camo finish guns. Aston Martin and CCM aslo use the process for ally and carbon fibre look parts.

Edit: Ever seen a Realtree Camo Air Rifle, thas dipped aswell.

It's more durable than straight Krylon. Perhaps even more durable than if you sprayed Krylon and then a clear coat. They use an automotive clear coat after the hydrographic process to lock in the pattern. It's pretty durable and one could consider it permanent but bear in mind that most automotive products aren't constantly being handled. They're typically bolted onto a vehicle and any wear or tear the finish sees is due to environmental elements. Directly handling a product will last a very very long time, but eventually, you will see wear spots.

There wear originally two Multicam coaters. However the first one stopped working with it. Several months back when the MM site first mentioned the process and Dynamic Finishes as the company to go to, I contacted them. They had no idea what I was talking about. Kinda weird.

I really wish the coaters would start stocking mil spec patterns, like ACU, Woodland, MARPAT, DPM etc etc... There's gotta be a big market for that!

maybe again, it's an issue of licensing?

I wish there were water transfer finishers here in the UK..

Although you could easily turn that $100 into £100

*sigh*

You mean like Hydrographics in York? Currently waiting for an E mail from Crye to see if they will supply the film to them to do my rifle and yes a full gun is about £100.