Multicam Pics!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Id say that Crye holds the film, but they only sell it to their distributors. I dought the lady that will answer your email will have a good answer. I honestly only seeing you guys having to send your gun all the way to Ohio to get it done. But you can always ask if there will be any UK and any more US dealers that are going to licensed to do so.

maybe again, it's an issue of licensing?

The newer company that does it says it's because the other company wasn't fully licensed to work with fire arms.

heyyy, someone sale the gen2 of Crye Precision Ebay.... 2100$ o.O

The new color looks... hideous! Yikes!

Well Id say that Crye holds the film, but they only sell it to their distributors. I dought the lady that will answer your email will have a good answer. I honestly only seeing you guys having to send your gun all the way to Ohio to get it done. But you can always ask if there will be any UK and any more US dealers that are going to licensed to do so.

Yeah, Crye doesn't do the Hydrographic transfer themselves. They sell it to distributors to do it. Also, the company in Ohio isn't as discerning as Crye is about working with customers outside of the US, so you could easily send it there. The only concern being... are you going to be charged again for VAT!?!!!

we could all agree not to pay £100..... so with no customers they might lower it after a while :P Probably won't work though :( To be honest I wouldn't pay £100. I'd rather spend £15 on 3 cans of krylon and spray away.

Why not buy plain Coyote T BDU's and paint them aswell it's the same thing. Your getting genuine Crye Camo on your gun. We pay a fortune for the BDU's and Rigs's so how is this any differant?

Why not buy plain Coyote T BDU's and paint them aswell it's the same thing. Your getting genuine Crye Camo on your gun. We pay a fortune for the BDU's and Rigs's so how is this any differant?

I guess we just have to get used to getting ripped off ;)

To be honest I don't understand it. I can see how crye fabric and their BDU's can appear to change colour in different conditions but I don't see how this could work with paint.

Also, if we ever saw pictures of soldiers that actually use MC in the field, I doubt that they would have had it water transfered on. They'd probably just use krylon. Hence why I won't be paying £100. I'd definately give it a go for £50, but otherwise I'll just stick to krylon.

Edited by Architect
To be honest I don't understand it. I can see how crye fabric and their BDU's can appear to change colour in different conditions but I don't see how this could work with paint.

Why would the same color principles not apply to paint and water transfers? The Crye fabric doesn't have any special/magical properties to it that changes in different conditions. The reason why it works so well is because of the colors themselves are balanced and layed out in such a way that under different lighting conditions and environements, it just blends in very well. The same color principle is applied to the water transfers, and therefore should behave no different than the Crye fabric itself.

Also, if we ever saw pictures of soldiers that actually use MC in the field, I doubt that they would have had it water transfered on. They'd probably just use krylon. Hence why I won't be paying £100. I'd definately give it a go for £50, but otherwise I'll just stick to krylon.

Yeah, but if the US had adopted it you'd probably see the likes of HK and FN offering their guns dipped from the factory. Probably companies like Mc Millan offering Stocks in it aswell.

Then you'd get Safariland, Surefire, CRKT etc offering all sorts of goodies in MC.

Yeah, but if the US had adopted it you'd probably see the likes of HK and FN offering their guns dipped from the factory. Probably companies like Mc Millan offering Stocks in it aswell.

Then you'd get Safariland, Surefire, CRKT etc offering all sorts of goodies in MC.

Maybe... but why aren't they offering them dipped in ARPAT? With ARPAT being issue, you still see soldiers weapons sprayed and not dipped.

Anyways, anyone have any pics to bring this back on topic? I'll have some this weekend. ;)

Edited by Architect
Why is all crye stuff on the market for fat b*stards, why cant the make some for skinny ppl like me :( It all either x-large or xxxxxxxx- large.

Why don't you check out SKDTac.com? They have real Crye Multicam clothing (the material by Crye, the tailoring by a third party). I hear good things about them.

Ive got stuff from SKD and you are right, the quality is great, i can highly recomend them, fast delivery for me in the UK too.

But i want the under armour vest and the combats with the hard knee pads in 'em.

Plus SKD only have xl in stock of combat pants lol.

Ive got some replica mc's but they are starting to fade, still beltrim is coming again soon. Maybe i can pick up some more knock off's if i dont find what iam after in the mean time.

Ive got stuff from SKD and you are right, the quality is great, i can highly recomend them, fast delivery for me in the UK too.

But i want the under armour vest and the combats with the hard knee pads in 'em.

I have the combat shirt as well. It is so sweet. Especially here in the summer where it feels like it is 130 degrees with 150% humidity (exagerating a little)

It is well worth the money. if you can find it in stock.

I don't think you exagerated too much on that one, haha. South Carolina summers can be brutal with the humidity. Looks like it is going to be 80 degrees and sunny all weekend for our Op. No moon at night ftw! Time to see how much multicam will pwn when then sun is going down.

Plus SKD only have xl in stock of combat pants lol.

Bare in mind that SKD's "Combat Shirt" and "Combat Pants" are not the same as Crye's version of their "Combat" Shirt and Pants. SKD's is simply a different style of BDUs and does not use Crye's patented elbow and knee pads ala Ghost Recon:AW. AFAIK, only Crye makes that style currently. Also, Crye's Combat Clothing design is copyrighted by them. As for the Crye Combat Shirt... it is still available at their website, though quite expensive. When buying it, I'd recommend going a little larger than your normal size. It's a pretty tight fit.

Here's me in my Crye Combat Shirt and Pants.