Multicam Pics!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SKD BDU's are not replica....they got a contract with Crye Precision for the fabric... and make there BDU's elsewhere...so de fabric is 100% genuine.

Sorry, but you are wrong. SKD's multi cam are sewn like regular bdus. Cryes are sewn completely different. Overkill. Bomber all the way. The sizes om the SKD's are s, m, l, xl, xxl. With a typical bdu metal adjustment straps on the sides. The Cryes are fit in 2 inch increments(30, 32,34,36,38, etc)long, reg, and short. Perfct fitting is capable with cryes design. Sorry, but for the price you pay for skd's, you may as well get cryes. The skd's are'nt bad, just not worth 100.00 a piece(or thereabouts).

Re-read what Black Dog said, he was talking about the FABRIC. Crye pants bomb-proof? Wow, what do you base THAT on? I was about to buy a pair of Cryes, but I noticed way too many un-finished seems for my liking.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

Thought this was a picture thread? :P

6.jpg

Crye Field shirt and Combat pants. I've seen a set of SKD BDUs and have to say i do prefer the way the crye set are put together the cut seems better. Not everyone can afford them, granted ( or get them shipped here in the UK) but you get what you pay for.

I love the knee pads in the combat pants. Dropping onto one knee without thinking and knowing your knees wont be f*cked afterwards. and the added knowledge they wont be at your ankle. There are too many pockets on both the top and bottoms that there are bits and pieces i have still to recover.

Planning on doing a MC belt kit for going lightweight. And a Tan Plate carrier set up for longer games.

anyway will update when i have more gear and a few more pics.

Matt

Re-read what Black Dog said, he was talking about the FABRIC. Crye pants bomb-proof? Wow, what do you base THAT on? I was about to buy a pair of Cryes, but I noticed way too many un-finished seems for my liking.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

Yeah. I hear what your saying. And I understand what he is saying. Just because the fabric is the same dosent mean that the quality is the same as well. The construction of the cryes is far and above SKD's, for the price. Fabric will rip, tear, shred, and so on. Thats just reality. What you dont want out of $95.00 pants is a blown out seem, or inferior fit. Which is what(IMO)SKD's deliver for the same price as cryes. They are just a BDU pant and shirt thats made in a MC pattern.

Black dog said that SKD's are not a replica. They ARE a replica of Cryes pants and shirt. The fabric may be the same. But that doesnt make them authentic.

As far as unfinnished seams on the Cryes? Well out of 5 pairs that guys have on the team, we havnt seen anything to make us think that their quality is sub-par. The combat shirt is a little flimsy for my taste, and definatly not worth the price(IMO). But aside from that, Crye appears to be tip-top all the way around. A teammate of mine first bought the SKD's. Liked them, but purchased Cryes later on, and he says there is no comparison for the price.

Sorry. I know this is a pic thread. It just seemed that some of the info posted wasnt all true. Thanks for your time.

I had to reseem all button holes and the seems around the knee "reinforced"Condura parts. When I got the Crye out of the box I already remarked that de seem was running next to the Condura part in stead of on it :huh: ..for like 2cm. I could put a vinger between de Condura and the bdu fabric.

SKD BDU is manufactured in the US by a military contract BDU manufacturer...Crye's not. That is why they got the problem with the seems. Hell, even the new ARPAT BDU's are stronger that the Crye ones :rolleyes: . I got Arpat, Marpat, Multicam Crye and Multicam SKD and to be honnest Crye Multicam looks the most efficient... but has to much defaults to make it a winner. I give it a 4 out of 4 places with Marpat BDU's on first place.

And with a Crye pants you can't afford 2 lose or gain weight because the pants fits just right with no adjusting. :rolleyes: Bummer after the holidays...so make sure you by them a Size bigger than normal, you can always use a belt. I gained 4kg in a short time and still can use all pants I had B4 except the Crye pants... Adjustment is a luxery you don't have with Crye pants. That is maybe why the missed out a contract with the USARMY. Expansive, no adjustments, bad seems (they really do)...ect... ;)

Well Ive seen the German helmet design I personally dont like the look of the foliage loops. The helmet Cover I have is pretty much just a cover that as a cord that you pull to tighten it. It works well enough and fits on my PASGT fine but it doesnt look satisfactory on my MICH. Im going to give Crye a call possibly today and ask about the helmet cover and their redesigned Combat pants.