Free 3D modeling

Prometheus

Have an Idea? Post it (with pictures) and I'll design and render it!

I just got this new modeling software that is absolutely amazing. I can design and render a product such as a rim to a tire or a computer mouse and then test it with animation and see where the stress points are and all. It is absolutely amazing. I can't believe I was so lucky to get it.

Anyways, if you are a big reader of the projects suggestion section (:P) than you probably know that I'm doing a 3d model/design for a Cmag for my friend Kipper. It would be a Cmag with a detachable inner mag that would allow you to use it in regular form if you chose to. Many times you can run into stuff where you need a skinny magazine. It would hold 100 rounds, which is a more realistic approach to the Cmags currently in production that hold 5000 rounds.

Anyways, I'm getting anxious here. Once I finish the Cmag rendering (by next Wednesday) I will need something else to make up and render.

Please send in your ideas for something the airsoft world really needs. Whether it be a stronger slide to your GBB or a new stock for your G36. I'll do it. Note the ideas probably wouldn't get past the design stage since I don't have a workshop to make them in. All I have is the program and the thoughts in my head (which don't come up very often). Anyways send some ideas in. if you have an idea for something please provide pictures of it to give me a better understanding of how it operates.

This is more for personal use to further my knowledge about this program and to give me something to do on those oh-so-lonely nights ;) . Please submit things for me to design. Who knows, in a year or so when I get my workshop I might just produce and market the ideas! (with credit to you of course)

Thanks!

~P

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had an idea for a gas grenade for a while, now.

Picture this: Your usual pineapple style grenade. It's made of a steel framework holding up four rubber "leaves". Picture peeling a bananna. They're hinged or supported on the bottom somehow, and they're flange on the inside so that they friction fit snugly into the frame and won't come popping out. Now, your gas resivior is in the top or possibly the middle of the grenade. When the grenade fires, it quickly releases the gas into the outer chamber of the grenade, between the gas chamber and those rubber leaves, which is where the BB's go. After the gas overpressures the outer chamber, the leaves let go with a "pop" and the whole thing peels itself open and spews BB's everywhere (hopefully).

The one thing I haven't figured out is a reliable mechanical delay mechanism. This may involve winding up your grenade before filling it with gas...

I'll draft some pictures when I have more time.

I've had an idea for a gas grenade for a while, now.

Picture this: Your usual pineapple style grenade. It's made of a steel framework holding up four rubber "leaves". Picture peeling a bananna. They're hinged or supported on the bottom somehow, and they're flange on the inside so that they friction fit snugly into the frame and won't come popping out. Now, your gas resivior is in the top or possibly the middle of the grenade. When the grenade fires, it quickly releases the gas into the outer chamber of the grenade, between the gas chamber and those rubber leaves, which is where the BB's go. After the gas overpressures the outer chamber, the leaves let go with a "pop" and the whole thing peels itself open and spews BB's everywhere (hopefully).

The one thing I haven't figured out is a reliable mechanical delay mechanism. This may involve winding up your grenade before filling it with gas...

I'll draft some pictures when I have more time.

That is interesting. I couldn't really follow your first part but I got it in the end. Yeah, draw up something and I'll have a go at it!

~P

Prometheus,

Could you possibly model a gun that i am deciding wether to make rite now?

The gun is a Umarex m4 AEG...

DSC02017.JPG

I am going to make it into a Patriot rifle.

This is my Photo Shopped version of what i hope it will look abit like...

rifle.jpg

As you can probably tell the barell has been shortened leaving only an inch left of the outer barrel, and the front sight removed.

I dont know how much detail can be added to the models you are doing but then a flash hider will be placed at the end of the barell. It looks like this...

image.jpg

The handle will be removed and its place taken by a dot sight like the one in the pic. And finally the stock removed.

I dont know how much time you have but this will most probably test your skills if you will model it for me.

Itll really help me if you do so i can see if theres anything i need to change before i make it etc.

Sorry for the long post but you did ask for detail :D.

Thanks alot.

Hey,

I had some ideas a while back, scanned them, and put them on Photobucket. Didn't really think of them 'til now, however, as they probably don't do well...

http://photobucket.com/albums/b132/BobtheAngryPotato/

There's a STEYR TMP, and a Sig PRO. This'll only do well for LPEG'ers and newer Airsofters, as down here in Canuckville everyone's got Marui weapons or higher quality...

Cheers,

Nate

Sorry, things have been very hectic recently. I'll draw up those grenade schematics on my lunch today.

Great just post them and I'll get to work.

Prometheus,

Could you possibly model a gun that i am deciding wether to make rite now?

The gun is a Umarex m4 AEG...

I am going to make it into a Patriot rifle.

This is my Photo Shopped version of what i hope it will look abit like...

As you can probably tell the barell has been shortened leaving only an inch left of the outer barrel, and the front sight removed.

I dont know how much detail can be added to the models you are doing but then a flash hider will be placed at the end of the barell. It looks like this...

The handle will be removed and its place taken by a dot sight like the one in the pic. And finally the stock removed.

I dont know how much time you have but this will most probably test your skills if you will model it for me.

Itll really help me if you do so i can see if theres anything i need to change before i make it etc.

Sorry for the long post but you did ask for detail :D.

Thanks alot.

Well, You don't really need a 3D model for one. You just need a good photoshop like it seems you have alreay done. With some customization you could get done quite easily.

Ahh thanks for that.. if youd send me the file or turn it into a file i could use without the program that would be great.. with a plan i could put some serious thought into knocking this together

Sure, Ill send it over soon.

Hey,

I had some ideas a while back, scanned them, and put them on Photobucket. Didn't really think of them 'til now, however, as they probably don't do well...

http://photobucket.com/albums/b132/BobtheAngryPotato/

There's a STEYR TMP, and a Sig PRO. This'll only do well for LPEG'ers and newer Airsofters, as down here in Canuckville everyone's got Marui weapons or higher quality...

Cheers,

Nate

I'll have a look at it then...

~P

how about either the gun from appleseed, basically a p90with 203 kinda like the fn2000

or even better the rifle from killzone not the helgan one but the other one, it's kinda a bullpup m16 ris with a 203 on the bottom.

I have something quite like that in the album. I never saw Appleseed, or any other anime, but I found the idea from another person's site. The look of the FN2000 was quite appealing, so I decided for it to be my next mod-project.

• 2 weeks later...

Ach... I'd really that no-one did. 12-year-old CS kiddies who know nothing but '1337' aren't that welcome around most Airsoft communities.

Besides, CS guns are based off real guns, just the names have been changed (The STEYR AUG changed to the Bullpup, the Desert Eagle changed to NightHawk, ETC). It’s not a good market, Airsoft’s something that should mostly be ‘swept under the rug’ more.

Besides, the ‘1337’ speakers are the reason I don’t play online games. If they put me off Airsoft too, I’m not going to be one very happy camper…

Actually, from what I know, every CounterStrike gun is also an Airsoft gun. Some require small modifications, yet 90 percent are spot-on.

Also, I think Airsoft should be more professional, not be tweenagers running around, spamming boards with ‘1337’ and ‘Which gun’ posts. Personally, if anyone’s to join, it shouldn’t be like that.

As AirsoftCanada, my home site, scorns CS kiddies, I have a tendency to do so too. We’ve had kids who play too much of that come along to both Atlantic Airsoft and Airsoft Canada itself, with horrid results. Personally, let’s not try to attract the CS kids in general, let’s go with another group, preferably smart and fit?

It isn’t designed for kids, but in brief surveys I’ve seen a lot of kids DO play them (12-15). While visiting UAE, I found that it’s the Grade 7-8’s favourite pastime, in local internet cafés everyone seems to be playing it DESPITE the fact that they’re 12. Really, I gave up those games because of the age of other players.

Personally, there should be recruiting drives and other things. However, with Airsoft’s fragile state in every country except US (Legal grey area in Canada, pending status in UK, etc), it’ll be safer just to keep the smaller children out.

If I can find it, I’ll post an ‘edit’ to show you the result of a CS kiddie coming to our team site a few months ago.

Now, let’s get back on topic. The topic here is 3D modelling, not whether CounterStrike kids can get a shot at carrying around BB guns.

If you want to continue the argument, my MSN’s secord950@ hotmail.com (remove the space in between, it’s to prevent spam searchers from picking up my E-Mail).

EDIT: Ah, in response to the using Bullpup as slang, I remember that Bullpup applies to any gun that uses a clip in the back (It refers to the system, not the gun name).

Also, here's the result of a CS Kiddie coming along (this happens quite a bit):

http://www.atlanticairsoft.com/forum/viewt...62da36453a6367b

My God! Stop the arguing!

Bernie, I'd love to make some designs of the CS guns. I'll start doing some sketches and when I can, I'll render some of them.

BTAP- There is something you have to learn here. We are professional in a sense. Most of use do'nt make any money from airsoft, but we know what is real and what isn't. All of the CS guns are renders of actual weapons. My guess is that 60% of them are already in full production as real guns and not mods. There are some though that arn't made at all. Yes, you can do some modifications by yourself and that is good enough.

I don't really like your tone when you talk of the kiddies. From your posts it seems that you are more childish than some of the twelve year olds that I know. How old are you again? Try to make a clear argument when it comes to talking about stuff. You really have no authority here having only....what 7 posts? I'm sure your a fine member of your canadian forum, but this is a british american forum for the most part.

If I remember correctly, bullpup means the magazine is behind the trigger

Yes it is.

Stop arguing. I'm making some sketchs!

~P

Huh… it’s alright you feel that way, I guess. However, down here, they’re thought of as a liability.

Don’t consider this an argument, yet this happened a few months ago…

3 under-ager Counter Strike players came across Airsoft Canada, and were invited to a game. They went, and one found a GBB pistol, pocketed it, and took it home. A few days later, they were caught scaring some people with the pistol, and shooting one (hitting them above their right eye).

I just find they’re a bit of a liability, that’s all. Not necessarily hatred…

What I noticed, though, is CounterStrike is based upon real-life, and Airsoft is yet closer. So, basing a CounterStrike imitation is yet imitating what we already are again…

(By mods, I meant simply ‘adding a RDS, not actually changing the gun around)

Back on topic, the XA-83 (FN2000) has been cancelled, on account of ‘I can’t find the chassis to a P90’. However, the G36 rail and XM177 handle IS going to be installed. You think you can render something like that, Prometheus?

About the previous, I’m not looking for an argument. I’m just stating that having some children find out about ‘automatic BB guns that look like the real thing’ is a bit dangerous.

Archived