Free 3D modeling

Prometheus

A general, messy draft of it.

minewantlongsoopa.jpg

Basically, ill cut it down for you.

CA M15a4 (if you can, look at the CA one, for the rear sights)

g&p/CA m203: long: ris

g&p Aimpoint

king arms silencer/adapter (about 4 inches)

g&p flip up grenade sight

taclight, this one to be exact. http://www.hotspotairsoft.com/hsastore/ima...-tl099pr1-m.jpg

and just for fun, can you make one with the original magazine in it, and then the cmag you made?

That seems about right. I just want to see a good version of it lol. And a clean one, mines messy but it gets the job done.

Thanks.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the 3D modeling I do is more for individual parts than making a virtual image of your M4. So I can't really help you with that. Sorry.

I'm offering the modeling for indicvidual parts such as flash hiders, silencer, scopes, body parts (like foregrips, and mag wells), etc.

There is just too many angles and slopes in the Gun for me to do. It would take me months to do something like your M4. If I worked on nothing else for two hours a day. :P

I think you'll just have to go off your photoshop for that one there mate. Sorry, but thats the way it has to be.

~P

It would take me months to do something like your M4. If I worked on nothing else for two hours a day.

Months? Man your slow :P usually a weapon like that would take 2-3 days off and on. Are you actually going to be making any of these things, or are you just leading people on? I am sorry to be the only person here who is doubtful, but I just cant see you making all the products for free for all these random people.

First off, I'm not making these for free. Second, I'm not *making them*.

People keep on asking for me to do 3D models of full guns. I started this thread and my service to help you realize your dream for a new part to you gun. Then, I finally got access to some very good machines. I will start producing things very soon. I'm currently in the design stage for over a dozen parts.

Well, I have the M500 here for study. I can measure it and compare it to the real thing. I could do it if someone gave me the precise measurements of the outer and inner parts of it. I'd be happy to do it.

What would be even better is if somene shipped me the barrel for me to measere and compare here. Then I could do it much more easily.

I'll post how the M500 barrel goes though. I'm thinking of doing it in a umbrella style triangle barrel and then maching "Umbrella" onto it. Its going to look nice if I can match the black color that mine is. Krylon works best I think.

~P

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to sort of bring up an older('ish) topic, but Prometheus, do you still have access to those machines for custom parts?

I dunno if CNC is actually used for ABS plastic, but what I'm looking for is/are the handguards to a CAR-15. (And maybe the stock, if that's possible)

TM-CAR15.jpg

Kinda like that, it's basically a shortened M16VN handguard, and the stock.. Golly, it's weird but I love it. :rolleyes:

Let me know. :)

Well, I can do an injection mold if you would like. Get me the dimensions and I'll take it from there.

~P

I won't say it won't work but you're overly optimistic.

Designing an injection mold requires more than 1 department to work together. For example, in the CAD/CAM department, there're two teams, CAD and CAM. The CAD team basically works on the design of the part while the latter does the mold design.

It's not just a matter of dimensions(do you even know what're tolerance, allowance, etc?) in mold design. It takes months for actual production to start and probably weeks to troubleshoot whatever problems might arise. On top of that, injection molds aren't meant for just 1 part. You need a quota, say 500,000 pieces to justify the making of a mold because it'd cost you a corporate amount of money.

Your only possible route is RPT, which I guess you have no clue to what the hell that is.

Prometheus, I've seen the drum mag you modelled with Inventor and I've to be honest, that's more of like tutorial level in parametric 3D modeling. I've also seen nothing but empty promises you made.

And for you information, Autodesk Inventor is just too simple for surface modeling.

I won't say it won't work but you're overly optimistic.

Designing an injection mold requires more than 1 department to work together. For example, in the CAD/CAM department, there're two teams, CAD and CAM. The CAD team basically works on the design of the part while the latter does the mold design.

It's not just a matter of dimensions(do you even know what're tolerance, allowance, etc?) in mold design. It takes months for actual production to start and probably weeks to troubleshoot whatever problems might arise. On top of that, injection molds aren't meant for just 1 part. You need a quota, say 500,000 pieces to justify the making of a mold because it'd cost you a corporate amount of money.

Your only possible route is RPT, which I guess you have no clue to what the hell that is.

Prometheus, I've seen the drum mag you modelled with Inventor and I've to be honest, that's more of like tutorial level in parametric 3D modeling. I've also seen nothing but empty promises you made.

And for you information, Autodesk Inventor is just too simple for surface modeling.

I haven't posted any of my latest renderings either. I've been working on several recently that I haven't posted. I have a flashider I'm designing for Screamin Weasel and I've been playing around with the drum mag. Yes, the one you see earlier in this thread is not that good. I know. It was the first thirty minutes of design when I took the screenshot of it. It is much more advanced now and will work. The demensions are correct and it is in fact, two parts. The Mag won't work like a normal mag anyway, and I'm not planning on producing it.

I'm doing all the work on this, there are no "departments" for me to work with. Its just me and a few of my buddies producing things. I wouldn't be doing the injection molding on site either. I have a friend that runs a plastics company that does that sort of work. I know it would be a little bit of money to do the mold, but its not like I'm going to just make a mold and throw away the design and all. I'll keep it so I can make more if I need to.

You are making a mistake when you say that it takes a lot of effort and people to do this sort of work sir. You are thinking of how the companies do it. How the corporates do it. That is your mistake. You can't compare my work to that of bigtime corporations like KSC, G&P, GB-tech, etc. My work is small scale, and doesn't require a lot of funds, after all, I'm borrowing tools and machines to do my work. (I have nice friends)

On Monday I will post my latest rendering of all the designs I have completed or am still working on. I have had six different exams to study for and take in the past two weeks, so I haven't been able to get on or work on designs that much.

i want to make a bb machine gun using piping and gas got any ideas?

Go buy a gas gun from Redwolf or WGC.

List of good quality sites to buy from:

www.redwolfairsoft.com

www.wgcshop.com

www.hobbyasia.com

Go buy a gun

hey dude.

about the flashider - gonna have to cancel it im afraid.

i managed to sort a no cash involved swap deal with ledpocket that is a flashider and silencer (both one off custom pieces) for my old CA249 feed cover - which was impossible to sell.

when he offered to take the cover off my hands, i couldnt say no, as it was the only way i was going to get rid of it.

still, decent flashiders are something everybody wants, put the design up and no doubt somebody will want a few of them.

No hard feelings my friend. You've actually inspired me to work only with flash hiders. They really are works of art. I'm currently working on these:

G3 flash hider

G36c Flash hider

G36k flash hider

M4 birdcage

M4 vortex

M249 "meanie" flash hider (one I was doing for you)

M16-VN

and a couple of custom ones I haven't named yet that don't follow any format.

About my post above, As of this moment, I'm only working on flash hiders. I will do custom work if I can. I'll be contacting some of you who had questions that either never got answered, or I didn't get to design the parts you requested.

Here are some samples of my work with flash hiders and compensators as of right now. The G36c one is totally finished, and the generic compensator is half way done.

Generic Compensator- not finished yet. I'll probably modify it and make it a perfect rendition of the Match compensator for the USP P8.

Comp1.jpg

G36c -- Finished and complete. all dimensions are correct, and I will be milling a plastic one soon to test it before I go to metal.

G36c1.jpg

G36c2.jpg

G36c3.jpg

Ok here is a list of products that I will be testing in the next few weeks. This is the final list of items for three weeks.

1) M500 Scope rail

2) G36c Flash hider

3) G3 flash hider

4) M4 flash hider

If you would like to be a tester for one of these products, please PM me and I'll work something out.

Archived