Free 3D modeling

Prometheus

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True… as I understand, you have the ‘orange tip’ rule down there. We don’t have that, actually, it’s all-black all the way… (and no CYMA guns, that’s a good thing)

Yeah, the law’s enforced quite a bit. Everyone must be 18+, and no parents buying for kids unless they have been verified to be mature enough (Going to a certain amount of games, and showing good enough behaviour that a senior team member can vouch for you). We have a surprising number of soldiers playing, too…

Another on-topic comment (To stop this post from being idiotically off) is that I’ll be posting some more pictures of a design that a friend of mine made, a Bullpup variation of the AK Spetnaz (with real wood and such, we’re making some and selling them for about $1000 a piece. Airsoft’s expensive up here…).

Sorry to trouble, but could you tell me how much space the program is?

How much space....you mean how large it is in MB and such right?

I have no idea. I'm not on the computer that has it right now. I do know that it is very large. The computer I run it on is a Pentium 4 w/ HT tech. EEven with that higher end processor it takes over 30 seconds to load the program when you start it up.

I'll get you a number later this week.

~P

i had an idea for another airsoft grenade

ok it would be made mostly of pvc pipe.

you would have a bike valve that presurizes air in one chamber while in another chamber you have flour.

it would also have to have a safty pin that would prevent it from going off in your pocket.

when the pin is pulled if it has a good impact the air jets the flour all over your opponet.

I personally use Solidworks 2005, I find it does custom jobs nicely, and exports to CNC and rapidprototype easily, Just a thought if you are considering setting up a workshop.

Thanks Winston! I'll keep those in mind. I plan on setting up shop within the next year or two. I'll probably have to work out of my schools engineering lab until I can get machines of my own. Fastfood work until then I guess. :D

heh, yeah.. with fairly predictable results - amusing all the same though.

ah ok, i thought i was giong to see a gallery or something here of interesting designs in 3d..

HA! Yes, right on it. Thanks for making me think about this again. I've been preocupied with other things for the past week. I had a concert today and I was focusing on it trying to get a solo down in time...

I'll get a picture up soon. I have finished my designs for the Drum mag, I have plans to run it through a CNC machine some time this week. I'll probably have a small scale model at first though.

Pictures to come.

~P

Good news fellas! I have my machines up and running now. I will start producing stuff as soon as there is a market for it. I can make things out of anything you want such as metal (choose type), ABS plastic, and cheap plastic.

My first planned product will be a C-Mag with drop out inner magazine. It will hold approximately 100 rounds and be made of ABS Plastic.

Please dream away with new ideas. Anything at all. I can even make custom handguards for G36c and M4's possibly. It would take some time, but i could work it out.

I have a CNC machine, plastic modeling machine, and I can even do Injection molding for the really complex parts.

~P

PS: I'm getting the pictures uploaded now.

========

Early Mag desgin. I've updated it quite extensively since this screen shot was taken...

untitled0yi.jpg

Ok, well, lessee...

It's nothing really dificult to make, actually. Just a small, handle-sized case that can attach around a sword handle that has rail-mounts to the left and right sides that can attach to the side rails of my Sig, sort of like a lase sight or a foregrip handle would attach to rail mounts.

Ok, well, lessee...

It's nothing really dificult to make, actually.  Just a small, handle-sized case that can attach around a sword handle that has rail-mounts to the left and right sides that can attach to the side rails of my Sig, sort of like a lase sight or a foregrip handle would attach to rail mounts.

So basically some rings and a mount like you would use for a scope?

Well, not so much rings but a case or clamp for the handle.  Um...Before anything is done, how much would this cost?

No idea yet. I'll make some sketches and post them (if I can). If you like the sketches I'll try to do an estimate on the price...

Can you give me a pictures of the hilt of the knife/bayonet?

on the subject of the sig 552...

would a rail on the top of the reciver be atall posible, the only retail one is only availible with the huricane metal body and i dont want to spend 150 quid on it just to fit my reddot. would like it to be about 4 inches long.and as low mounted as posible.

thanks for any help and putting up with my spelling.

ChristoV

Thats ok....spelling was fine!

I might be able to work up a rail. I do believe they sell them already though, but I'm not sure.

Ideas:

1) You could just buy a G36c side rail set (about $14) and screw it on.

2) I could make one specially for you though...

Give me some dimensions and how far apart you would want the screw holes to be.

~P

instead of asking you to make something completely insane, dreamt up, or a whole *fruitcage* gun, can i ask you for a flashider, as long as it could be made ?

unfortunately i dont have any designs, as i tried drawing flashiders, and well, its pretty hard.

i want something for my CA249, tha looks really mean, beefy and evil, or at least better than the crappy birdcage one on it at the mo. if you dont have time to design it aswell, no worries.

cheers

instead of asking you to make something completely insane, dreamt up, or a whole *fruitcage* gun, can i ask you for a flashider, as long as it could be made ?

unfortunately i dont have any designs, as i tried drawing flashiders, and well, its pretty hard.

i want something for my CA249, tha looks really mean, beefy and evil, or at least better than the crappy birdcage one on it at the mo. if you dont have time to design it aswell, no worries.

cheers

No, I'd be happy to. I must admit I've been disappointed with some of the requests in this thread. I mainly am looking to manufacture small cosmetic stuff right now. Stocks, flashhiders, magazines, rails ... etc.

I'll have a sit down and look at what I can do for you.

~P

Archived