Free 3D modeling

Prometheus

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, enough of the idiotic requests... now, I'm actually looking for something serious, and may request it to be made by you (depending on the price).

I got rather dissapointed with the plasticky feel of my FA-MAS F1, so I'm looking for someone to mill a metal foregrip, with rails (2 furthur back on the sides, and one on the bottom). Also, the hop-up cover/cheekplate tends to be something that snaps easily, so I am also looking to have one of those made...

Pictures are out of the question for the next week or so, sorry. However, if someone has a FA-MAS in your area...

However, this isn't final. I will have to review shipping, taxes, Customs, pricing and look around more locally.

Alright, enough of the idiotic requests... now, I'm actually looking for something serious, and may request it to be made by you (depending on the price).

I got rather dissapointed with the plasticky feel of my FA-MAS F1, so I'm looking for someone to mill a metal foregrip, with rails (2 furthur back on the sides, and one on the bottom). Also, the hop-up cover/cheekplate tends to be something that snaps easily, so I am also looking to have one of those made...

Pictures are out of the question for the next week or so, sorry. However, if someone has a FA-MAS in your area...

However, this isn't final. I will have to review shipping, taxes, Customs, pricing and look around more locally.

You want one made of metal? I guess I could do that...

50-150? Excellent, I can save for it.

First, may I ask, which type of metals can you use?

Second, I'm sorry to say it will take at least a few months for me to put enough money aside, so expect it sometime in 2006... sorry.

Cheers, anyway.

Oh, its all right. I'm a little backed up as it is right now anyways.

I can do steel, aluminum, tin, etc.....basically anything that is malliable.....

Ah, once again, excellent. If it's smooth, fairly hard and durable, it should do.

Yeah, I'll E-Mail you when the gun's needed, don't expect it to be for a while or this to be final... however, my heart's been set in this custom gun for a long time, and when I start on something, I always follow through.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I have a cost efficient idea that will possibly save you money.

Is the FAMAS a metal gun in real life or is it plastic polymer?

I can make a foregrip and possibly a body for you that won't be squeeky. I'm not promissing, but I'm pretty sure that I can do injection molded plastic for you. It could also be less squeeky if I make it thicker and more stable...

Is the FAMAS metal or polymer? (real steel)

Well, I have a cost efficient idea that will possibly save you money.

Is the FAMAS a metal gun in real life or is it plastic polymer?

I can make a foregrip and possibly a body for you that won't be squeeky. I'm not promissing, but I'm pretty sure that I can do injection molded plastic for you. It could also be less squeeky if I make it thicker and more stable...

Is the FAMAS metal or polymer? (real steel)

Wow, that'd be great!

The real-steel's polymer, but I never had really cared for realism.

Unfortunately enough, I'd have to stick with just the cheek-plate and the foregrip. The gun itself (or just a body, or anything that remotely resembles a gun) has no chance in Hell of getting through Customs.

So... metal or ABS?

I can do both, but just off the top of my head I'm going to say that the ABS will be slightly cheaper than the metal. However, seeing as the one you have is ABS right now, it really wouldn't be much of an improvment ...

Its up to you.

Of course, if you want me to make up a new design for you, say with something like RIS rails, a build in bipod ( such as the G&P G36 foregrip), or something, I'd be happy to. It would be a little easier and more exciting to me to do that. But again its your choice...

Also, can you give me EVERY single measurement and maybe include pictures. I have a very limited memory of what the foregrip's dimensions and all are.

~P

*coughM249flashidercough*

:unsure:

I know. I'm working on it. I've done a coupe sketches for it....Just trying to figure out stuff about how to do it...

I know I can definately machine it. I'm trying to figure out how to use my machines to get a thread in there....

So far it has twelve holes (three on the top, bottom, and sides), and it has cut in's on the muzzle....its cylindrical.

I'll try to get a scan of it soon and send it to you. ;)

Hey, I was having some woodland fun the other day with my new UMG. I usually play a sniper role, but I wanted to just have some full auto fun. Anyways, I was trying to nestle into some bushes, and I realized I had a problem. The mags for the UMG are rather large... so you can't lay down effectively. I came up with the solution of a cut-down mag that would have a base inline with the pistol grip. I'll try and post some pictures of what I'm talking about later. Think SL-9 mag in a G-36C. That's sort of what i'm going for, something compact. Anyways, I don't think it would be hard to cut down one of my current mags and piece it back together. I'm having trouble trying to decide whether a standard 70rd spring mag would be best, or a cut-down hi-cap that would just have a smaller, say 100-200 round resivoir. It looks like I'd have to cut about 4-5 inches out. My hope is that you can help me model the way a standard mag would fit, so I can get an idea of capacity. From a site, the price difference is just a few bucks. I took apart a high cap, and the mechanism and such would leave about 2-3 inches for a resivoir. If you can help me figure this out, I think having the shell of the mag made and dropping in the internals would probably be the best solution.

Also, I'm trying to conceptualize a silencer for a UMG. I like the mechanism on the one G&G already made, but I want something beefier. I'll see if I can find some pictures of something cool that I could screw the back end off of.

Thanks for any help, and good luck with your work doing this stuff.

I know. I'm working on it. I've done a coupe sketches for it....Just trying to figure out stuff about how to do it...

I know I can definately machine it. I'm trying to figure out how to use my machines to get a thread in there....

So far it has twelve holes (three on the top, bottom, and sides), and it has cut in's on the  muzzle....its cylindrical.

I'll try to get a scan of it soon and send it to you. ;)

cool beans dude

Hey, I was having some woodland fun the other day with my new UMG. I usually play a sniper role, but I wanted to just have some full auto fun. Anyways, I was trying to nestle into some bushes, and I realized I had a problem. The mags for the UMG are rather large... so you can't lay down effectively.  I came up with the solution of a cut-down mag that would have a base inline with the pistol grip. I'll try and post some pictures of what I'm talking about later. Think SL-9 mag in a G-36C. That's sort of what i'm going for, something compact. Anyways, I don't think it would be hard to cut down one of my current mags and piece it back together. I'm having trouble trying to decide whether a standard 70rd spring mag would be best, or a cut-down hi-cap that would just have a smaller, say 100-200 round resivoir. It looks like I'd have to cut about 4-5 inches out. My hope is that you can help me model the way a standard mag would fit, so I can get an idea of capacity. From a site, the price difference is just a few bucks. I took apart a high cap, and the mechanism and such would leave about 2-3 inches for a resivoir. If you can help me figure this out, I think having the shell of the mag made and dropping in the internals would probably be the best solution.

Also, I'm trying to conceptualize a silencer for a UMG. I like the mechanism on the one G&G already made, but I want something beefier. I'll see if I can find some pictures of something cool that I could screw the back end off of.

Thanks for any help, and good luck with your work doing this stuff.

Totally possible. Just send me some photos (PM or post them here) of the mag, and I'll try to recreate it in my program. Then I'll just try to see how to cut it down.

cool beans dude

Whah...? :blink:

I've had an idea for a gas grenade for a while, now.

Picture this: Your usual pineapple style grenade. It's made of a steel framework holding up four rubber "leaves". Picture peeling a bananna. They're hinged or supported on the bottom somehow, and they're flange on the inside so that they friction fit snugly into the frame and won't come popping out. Now, your gas resivior is in the top or possibly the middle of the grenade. When the grenade fires, it quickly releases the gas into the outer chamber of the grenade, between the gas chamber and those rubber leaves, which is where the BB's go. After the gas overpressures the outer chamber, the leaves let go with a "pop" and the whole thing peels itself open and spews BB's everywhere (hopefully).

The one thing I haven't figured out is a reliable mechanical delay mechanism. This may involve winding up your grenade before filling it with gas...

I'll draft some pictures when I have more time.

Isnt that basicly how a shotgun shell works? (in simple terms, obviously with whatever explosive is used instead of gas)

Prometheus, I got my camera charging right now. Meanwhile, what about making plastic shells that people could put there homemade claymores in? There have been a few threads in here about people making the actual mines, but what about some inexpenisve shells you drop your own internals into? With a satisfactory trigger built in, this could work really well. God, the things I think of at 1:30am.

i want something for my CA249, tha looks really mean, beefy and evil, or at least better than the crappy birdcage one on it at the mo. if you dont have time to design it aswell, no worries.

cheers

maybe a HK53 flash hider http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/images/MZL-HK5302.jpg

just thinkin out loud

Archived