Free 3D modeling

Prometheus

I have finally found the barrel I want to mill for my revolver. I'll be edititing my specs for my barrel soon on my computer. This is what I'm hoping to get it to look like. I'll take out the hammer and cylinder cover and polish the paint off then get them chromed (either for real, or with some chrome paint).

170267_large.jpg

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly what Kinda of Plastics works can you do? Im looking for absically a lower receievr BE Xm8 style (too fit either the Xm8 gearbox or a Well R6 gearbox) But designed to accept an Mp5 Sliding stock and full stock (swappable) along with a SIR (I have the SIR). I dont ahve a design or full concept yet but am getting a feel for prices. If you could guesstimate that would be great...

In other words can you describe what can and cant be done with the plastics you have access to. Id greatly appreciate it, Im sure your a busy man.

Heres a pic of what I basically want to accomplish. This is actually my Brass Eagle Stingray2 Paintball marker with a Well MR777 RIS and Full stock semi attatched. Im still working on it. I think it would make a hell of an airsoft rifle with an MP5 sliding stock. Im going for a futuristic M14. Kinda like an evolution thing (M1 Garand, M14, My design). I know its lame but cant afford a TM M14 and thought it would be cooler to design my own original.

ebray5yo.jpg

I bet I could, if I had it in my hands for measurements.

One problem I can see though, the grip is not big enough for a Motor assembly. So your only option would be either to

a) change the grip

B ) Scrap project

c) Possibly buy a second hand P90 Version 6 revised gearbox and pop it in.....

Yeah thats where Im at as well. The PB gun was just a mock up to see how dimensions would work out. Im gonna toy around with it, Im thinkin bout just building it out of wood and sheet metal, and using a Star Grip. I should beable to do it. Ive got the XM8 gearbox comin, so Im gonna try with that first, rather than drop money on another gearbox.....Ill let you know. If it works maybe you could machine the demensions in Plastic....

• 1 month later...

What is going to be the best program to export to get it machined at a CNC mill, i have 3ds max but that is an animation program

If i could draft the plans could i pay u to get them made, us New Orleanians lack machine shops nowadays

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently working on the AG-USA event. I will start working again soon. I am currently designing a pistol which I may produce as a conversion kit for a glock. I'm not sure yet though.

Around August I will have access to my facilities again and I will resume my modeling.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still have access to the modelling software? I'm wanting to see how a custom revolver cylinder would look like, it would just be a cylinder with three smaller cylindrical cutouts inside it.

If I can work the exact dimensions out it would be something I would pay to have machined.

By the way, since you know magazines, here's a snail mag (sorry for the crudeness, usually I just work with line tools in PSP so it looks clean, but for a spiral I had to hand-draw, which I am pants at) which was my logical deduction of how it would work. The main bar (blue) is spring loaded (like a wind up antique clock) and the red dot is the last follower round, which is attached to the blue rotating bar- but not directly, to a track on the bar so it can go from one end to the other as it navigates the spiral. Linked to it are a few more follower pieces so it can push the live rounds all the way out the magazine.

I never was able to find mechanic info on snail drums, especially the kind that use winding, so if this is a workable system, I'll be glad. :D

post-16853-1153791243_thumb.jpg

You sir, are making me think. Thank you.

For the custom cylinder, i will need a drawing or something first as I do'nt know where you want these "cutouts" to be located.

For the snail mag, you have just given me an idea, not in the way you had hoped, I'm sure, but still....

~P

And this is for what gun? Manufactuer and model.

If its with a Tanaka, then the cutouts will have to be smaller, if its with a cheaper model, I'd have to have the component from the original gun to be able to copy dimensions and test things.

~P

I think that would be a job better suited for photoshop.

People, please realize that it takes me about two hours to do a flash hider. A gun would take me probably a week of non stop work to get every part done.

I can try photoshopping one for you if you want.

~P

i have a picture i drew up of a ca36k grip and trigger handle. here it is...

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/DUS...ca36project.jpg

you dont have to render the front grip if u do not wish. im more interested in the trigger grip. you do not have to render the entire gun, just from about the middle of the stock to about the middlee of the mag-well or so. if u decide to do the front grip it will be highly appreciated. thanks a whole frikin bunch!

i just clicked on the link and it didnt show the entire botum pic. for some reason. oh well, atleast i didnt need you to do the front grip i drew up on the bottum pic. (:

Ooooh, here's a good one (which I will actually buy if you can produce either of them):

40mm disintegrating links for use with madbull grenades / spent real steel brass

19mm disintegrating links for use with a 12 gauge shotgun round, the rebated section will probably rather shallow, just enough to hold the link without slippage. Possibly 1-2mm.

They can be plastic/nylon or metal.

Archived