I have had two mesh masks and I am starting to think they are not the best way to go. I have not had the one from your post.

I have heard a lot of debate about whether or not they will result in bb shards passing through to your eyes. I haven't seen any proof either way.

I have found that they don't always stop the things that are thrown up by the bb's. For example, I'm partially covered by some rusty old metal cabinets. I try to take a shot just as a fair amount of bb's hit the cabinets and knock rusty stuff everywhere. The rusty dust flies right in my face and through much of the mask.

I am starting to lean more towards some decent goggles. Even if I need to do something else for face protection.

I really liked the mesh masks when I got them but they no longer meet my personal preference. But then, that's just my opinion.

i'm interested in getting one of those for CQB but if it's too dark, i dont like the mesh mask blocking out any light. but on the topic of the shards going through... you can wear any cheapo shooting glasses behind it to make sure nothing goes through.... i mean if you can wear glasses in that mask, why not? extra protection doesnt hurt

Regarding the issue of "BB shards", I don't think a BB would ever break when hitting the mask.

There's a slight chance one might break right next to you and a shard get through the mask. I suppose the odds of this happening might increase if you're the sort of person who spends a lot of their time with their head poked around a corner or summat.

TBH, the only major downfall of mesh masks is the "other stuff" which they let in. Dust, dirt, water, pollen, etc. It can all get through the mesh.

If you have sensitive eyes (I do) then proper goggles will give you more comfort that mesh ones.

After playing an all day game last weekend my early comments are:

1. Very strong mesh - 320 fps no problem.

2. Fits snugly with my helmet (bolle shelmet)

3. BIG

4. I could use my Red dot, but had to lean more than with glassess.

5. Neck cover is excellent but I could not see my load out and needed to be able to feel my way around my kit.

6. Great for intense CQB

7. Not too hot

I will be using it at electro next week and doing a full review after that.

Image from the weekend (note the snug fit of the mask and helmet:

basholongmoor.jpg

Edited by Basho