For those of you who beat HL2 already.. *Spoilers*

Foxtrot

I dint get the ending though. What happened to Gordon Freeman. And what purpose has the G-man at the end of the film. all that G-man did was talk nosense and left. Can anyone tell me what exactly happend to Gordon Freeman ? :blink:

Anyways i beated the game in about 12 hours and i thought that there was too much driving in it.

Hmmm...Alyx dies eh? I'm not so sure about that. You don't actually SEE her die, you just assume it. Greater character resurrections have been performed in big franchises before now (Sgt. Johnson in Halo 2 and Ripley in Alien: Resurrection, anyone?). Then again the second of those resurrections was awful. If Alyx becomes half-Combine I'll... ;)

Oh, anyone know...

1 - Where the OICW went...? :(

2 - What those half-human-half-robot-horror-spindly-legged-things were in the Citadel?

Hmmm...Alyx dies eh? I'm not so sure about that. You don't actually SEE her die, you just assume it. Greater character resurrections have been performed in big franchises before now (Sgt. Johnson in Halo 2 and Ripley in Alien: Resurrection, anyone?). Then again the second of those resurrections was awful. If Alyx becomes half-Combine I'll... ;)

Oh, anyone know...

2 - What those half-human-half-robot-horror-spindly-legged-things were in the Citadel?

You talking about the 30 foot tall spider things? Those are Stryders if thats what your talking about.

I just beat it, I got it last night. Good 15 or so hours, stopped to play with things for awhile though. God the super-manipulator rocked, I wish it was in the rest of the game and not just the end.

Oh, anyone know...

The worker people that were in the Citadel? No idea. In the prison there's that security camera which shows them being manufactured, but just like the soundhound thingies from the first game, they only seem to appear extremely briefly. Seems almost like a waste of a model to me. But then I can't really picture them being the most terrifying of foes. ONOES THE SPINDLY LEGGED THING WITH NO MUSCLE STRUCTURE! IT MIGHT PROD ME TO DEATH! :rolleyes:

As for the G-man, we've got two main theories going atm, but neither are probably right...

My personal favourite is that the G-man is a god (or God, if you're inclined in that theological direction...), who's taken to utilising Gordan as a caretaker of sorts (would explain why he never seems phased by all the combat sequences that's going on around him when he pops up)

The other (which is a bit less reliable) is that G-man and Gordon are one and the same, and that Gordon has a nasty case of split personality disorder. (take the 'ordon Free' from Gordon Freeman, and what do you get? :D Nobody else sees the G-Man because he's a hallucination, and when he gets himself into trouble out pops Gordon. OR...it could be a diety with a split personality...

Or, much more obviously, the G-Man could simply be the boring other alien master that the Vortaguants talk of. They thankyou for killing the Nihilianth thingy from HL1, and say something about hoping that their other master will soon fall too. That of course is the blatantly obvious one and ties in best. But it's much less fun... :(

The guy in the white suit talks to this alien in the end too. What do you think he, she or it is. The alien appears in the begining as well, When Gordon gets teleported into the guy in the white suits office.

Uh...That's Professor Kleiner, and the alien is his pet headcrab.

Ah you mean the alien slug. I thought you meant RIGHT at the end... :)

That'll just be the Combine's leader over in Xen.

Anyone understand the logic of the plot? What exactly did Gordon achieve by killing Breem and bringing down the Citadel? You know that there's other cities like City 17 all over the place after all, which presumably means other portals leading back to Xen. So it's not like you've prevented any more aliens invading...

Archived