For those of you who beat HL2 already.. *Spoilers*

Foxtrot

Yeah. I absolutely despise platformers, but the one thing is despise more is FPS games that try to be platformers. FPS games that put on platform shoes, if you like...

*runs*

There were a few litle puzzle/platform bits in HL2, but they just made things interesting and broke up the monotony. None of them lasted longer than about 2 mins. What I can't stand is platform 'levels' in the middle of a decent FPS.

2 - What those half-human-half-robot-horror-spindly-legged-things were in the Citadel?

The strategy guide called them Stalkers, people who get sent on the big Combine train(it went past you after shutting down the shield place on the bridge) to Nova Prospekt get tortured/lobotomised/drugged/amputated into. Basically, what you'd have been if Barney wasn't there in the beginning.

And no, I don't endorse the use of strategy guides unless you've already beaten the game and want to find stuff you missed the first run through.

The story is near non-existant from the game. There's some nice touches such as backstory provided through the newspapers, through photos in the labs and by talking to vortaguants, but on the whole it's pretty vague. And not in the intriguing HL1 way either.

I wrote a massive rant of sorts on another HL2 thread on this forum about it - have a look at that and see how much you disagree ^_^

Archived