M16A4

LoneWolf

I loved the M16 since I was a kid (first weapon I handled and shot) and eversince I got into airsoft I wanted one. Do you guys (and gals) know if anyone makes or is going to make a M16A4 with the M5 RAS? (besides G&G, who have butt-ugly trades)

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

Please tell me G&P will make one, pleaaase! :P

G&G, thats it. It sure would be nice if someone else offered one too.

And for what it costs to buy just the RAS to add to another maker's M16, it's tempting to get the G&G and a can of paint!

On the topic of G&G trades, I had heard that they recently redid them to be less, well, awful. Can anyone confirm this?

Well then, anyone make a good M5 RAS? :)

I sure hope CA or G&P make a M16A4, all I would need is a M203 :o

Besides, I've heard that the G&G is light, I like a big soid gun.

*looks at Mk23 HW*

Cheers,

Mike

Here's a recent thread on that topic that may be of use: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ic=36927&hl=KAC

Man, I wish G&P would make something with a RIS/RAS (non free floating I mean). If they made a proper M4A1 with RIS or an M16A4 with M5 RAS, I'd have to stab myself in the leg not to get one.

soo true static, so true.

Anyone got an opinion on Guarders metal bodies?

Cheers,

Mike

TBH theylook to be of decent quality, IIRC the pistol frames, and slides are not up to par in terms of tolerences. TBH I would just buy the G&G. It would save me a bunch of money of a GG&G Free Float rail system. ;)

:Dr_Evil:

Here's mine:

CA M15A4, G&G M5 RAS, CA M203 (long)

Beutifull!! :P

How do you like the quality of the G&G M5 RAS? Any problems fitting it?

Do you guys know if I could mount a G&P M203 onto a CA M15A4 rifle? (I've heard there are some problems with the Sunproject launchers.....)

Cheers,

Mike

Im not sure what the A4 is but a guy on here has one. He modified his ICS A3 and fitted the front end with some stuff (techincal term for those who don't get the RIS/RAS concept) and called it an A4.

Tef - are you referring to the fact that you're old A3 used to do a 3 round burst because you didnt change the bushes?

Im not sure what the A4 is but a guy on here has one. He modified  his ICS A3 and fitted the front end with some stuff (techincal term for those who don't get the RIS/RAS concept) and called it an A4.

Tef - are you referring to the fact that you're old A3 used to do a 3 round burst because you didnt change the bushes?

No he means that the real a4 has a 3 round burst option on it ;)

:Dr_Evil:

Im not sure what the A4 is but a guy on here has one. He modified  his ICS A3 and fitted the front end with some stuff (techincal term for those who don't get the RIS/RAS concept) and called it an A4.

nono, A3 does semi and full auto and A4 does semi and 3rd burst. but since there no 3rd burst for airsoft, so there isnt a truely A4 in this airsoft world, and the closest thing you can get is a A3 and just say it is supposed to be an A4

Edit : adding a set of RAS/RIS wont make it an A4, the only thing making it an A4 is the 3rd burst features. most people thinks RAS/RIS makes it an A4 because most of the time ARMY issue them as standard. an A3 can also equipe with RIS/RAS but it is still just an A3, not an A4.

I'm not sure that's relevant anymore, Looky:

http://www.colt.com/mil/M16_2.asp

RO901 : Flat top, Safe/Semi/Full Auto

RO905 : Flat top, Safe/Semi/Burst

RO701 : Fixed handle, Safe/Semi/Full Auto

RO705 : Fixed handle, Safe/Semi/Burst

So you can buy an M16A4 from Colt, with a fixed carry-handle and full auto, which sort of scuppers that system.

Eeeee, I don't give a dog's *albartroth* about it being burst or full auto :P All I wan't is:

1. 20inch barrel

2. rifle length M5 type RIS/RAS

3. removable carry handle

4. real trades (a Guarder or G&G body will sort that out)

That's it.

Cheers,

Mike

Eeeee, I don't give a dog's *albartroth* about it being burst or full auto :P All I wan't is:

1. 20inch barrel

2. rifle length M5 type RIS/RAS

3. removable carry handle

4. real trades (a Guarder or G&G body will sort that out)

That's it.

Cheers,

Mike

Ahhh.. those criteria give me warm happy feelings. One please! :D

In the US military the selector group is as followed:

M16A1 - safe, semi and fully automatic

M16A2 - safe, semi and three round burst

M16A3 - safe, semi and fully automatic

M16A4 - safe, semi and three round burst

As far as the RO so and so, yes other groups are available as well as upper reciever set ups as stated, but as far as in the US military those are the existing functions on the M16 models they use currently.

Here's a recent thread on that topic that may be of use: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ic=36927&hl=KAC

Man, I wish G&P would make something with a RIS/RAS (non free floating I mean). If they made a proper M4A1 with RIS or an M16A4 with M5 RAS, I'd have to stab myself in the leg not to get one.

Hopefully by the time I get back into airsoft(ugh, selling my stuff...) CA or G&G will have made an RAS equipped M16A4 of some kind. I don't even think there are metal M26A4 bodies! Which sucks, because is the gun not only the official rifle of the USMC, MFR is all over it for desert/woodland operations! *sobbs*

EDIT: Oh, guess there are M16A4 bodies..... :unsure:

Anyways, if you look at the M16A4 in US military designations, than it is 3rd burst instead of full auto. FN doesn't make an M16A4 in full auto, the US military designates all third generation AR15 rifles with fully automatic capabilities under M16A3, and who cares whats on Colt's website? They only supply the US with M4A1s, and their M16A4 is most likely only an M4A1 lower receiver fitted to a full stock and Picatinny upper with a 20" barrel. Rifle designations for the US, in the AR15 sense at least, has been odd numbered Advanced rifles(A1 stands for Advanced 1, if you didn't know) have had the fully automatic selector, while the even numbers have had the 3rd burst selector.

Archived