Atlantis Marine Loadout

ColDaz

Hi,

Again, I'm looking for a new loadout. This one I want to base on the Marines who come to defend Atlantis at the end of the first season of Stargate Atlantis.

Below are a few photos.

I can find the camo I want, the belt, the gun, the sling, etc, but I'm having trouble finding a vest like this.

Marine01.jpg

It looks remarkably similar to the SAS SDU Vest on Red Wolf, though it has some differences.

SDUVest.jpg

It is close as it has the shotgun and radio pouches on the back:

Marine05.jpg

It also has padding around an upraised colar and similar mag pouches at the stomach. It does not however have a larger pouch on the right hand side instead of mag pouches, and does not have the extra pistol mag pouches, and the shotgun shell bits on the SDU vest have a pouch with a radio in it in the show.

So, has anyone seen a vest around that seems to fit with the above pictures?

If anyone has, or can help with my search, then it will be much appreciated.

Daz

EDIT: Some more pictures with the kit I'm looking for in. I forgot to post them the first time.

Marine02.jpg

Marine03.jpg

Marine04.jpg

Marine06.jpg

I'm also looking for a holster similar to the ones seen there, with a sort of enclosing cover on. I think I have sourced a decent one though, so this is of little worry at the moment.

I thought it was the new digital american stuff (I know jack all about camo) but I found something that looks decnt enough for it, hence my saying 'the camo I want' rather than that specific camo.

Sorry, you'll have to ask someone more knowledgeable.

And if you were just being sarcastic about that and can give me a decent answer, then please do. If not, put a curse on the lack of tone and abundant interpretation on the internet and text without empasis in general. :P

Don't get me wrong... I love Atlantis. Really well acted with some awesome characters.

But the marines... oh jesus. They look like rejects from a naff B movie. Urban camo, red berets, overtly cocky commander guy...

In the pilot eps they wore woodland MARPAT with black blackhawk vests... this just looks plain WIERD.

I guess it's to appeal to the american 15 year old hiphopper demographic or something.

Urban am bestest camo1!1!

I also hated the voice of Colonel Everett who came to replace Sumner at the same time.

I know they look corny, but I have an SG-1 loaodut complete, have an Atlantis one half finished (just a few more little touches), and I am trying to get a Russian team one done at some point.

I think it can grow on you a little (the marine loadout). It doesn't look too bad without the beret I think.

The loadout doesn't look too bad IMHO. Damned if I know what make of vest those guys are wearing. I've went through my latest catalogue from www.usmcpro.com and there's nothing in there that matches it. Closest thing I could find is here:

P90 vest on Airsift Canada

If that's not the vest you're looking for, I can only think of two things:

i)if it's a vest for P90 mags, maybe try hitting the FN website, or looking at manufacturers who do tac gear for law enforcement troops (AFAIK only certain police agencies have adopted the P90, no military has ever bought into it...yet ;) ), or

ii) email the guys who produce the show, or if you can find out the company they use to provide their guns and gear, email them. They might be able to help you out.

Incidentally, although I've never seen Atlantis yet, what's the deal with the red berets? AFAIK the USMC doesn't wear berets, and the only branch of the US armed forces that wear red berets are paratroopers (82nd Airborne Division and 173rd Airborne Brigade).

I guess it's to appeal to the american 15 year old hiphopper demographic or something.

Could be. Spoils the look of the loadout in my opinion......

guinnessman: You have been excellent help with this, thanks. Remind me to buy you a big frosty beer if we ever meet.

I've just sent off an email to the show producers, and I'll see if I get a response. I never even thought of that to be honest.

Thanks.

Archived