PTW Owners

IBICO

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because it's not a skirmish gun, it's a more of an indoors training gun, where accuracy wasn't as much of a concern, plus 6.10 helps guarantee that jamming will be a non-issue.

Again, that's the killer for me, that the PTW is regarded as this superior product, yet the biggest knock against it is how the bb actually leaves the barrel.

I just sold my PTW, i got tired of its low welocity(Our regulations are up to m120, so i had to use the m110 cylinder) and bad barrel/hop-up. Its just wasnt nice to see stock M14 to shoot so much better than my PTW.

Cheers

Mirska

6.1 == reusable BB's.

Reusable BBs? For someone to spend thousands of $$$ on an AEG plus components, you'd think they'd have enough cash to buy the cheapest component of the sport -- BBs! :)

I agree with you though... By equipping the PTW with a sub-par barrel, they're missing a good several converts (misjudged the market) who may otherwise buy the darn thing, if not for its inaccuracy when used as a skirmish weapon (which is what most play anyway).

I hope Wallace and company are reading this... The negative publicity generated by this thread ain't doin' much to increase their bottom line.

So, Systema... Giddy-up! Make us your frontline salesmen by offering a more affordable (than the $250plus hand-crafts out there), tightbore barrel for this beast-of-an-AEG (ain't calling it a TW, when you can't really train with the darn thing outside of close quarters).

Don't even get me started on the supposed battle between simunitions and PTWs, Simunitions wins because it doesn't require a different weapon platform, it's a simple bolt carrier and mag change. Compared to airsoft which doesn't provide nearly the same report, recoil, or confirmation of hits like Simunition. It's not even a battle, Simunitions wins, wasn't even a contest.

Again the problem with that cutsheet is that assumes agencies don't already own Simunitions, which isn't the case obviously. Hey I don't like to trash the PTW, it's a good gun, but it's far from great. So hopefully by pointing out the issues they can be fixed. And since only Systema is upgrading the gun, i.e no 3rd party support, it'd be wise if they listened.

Anybody else curious about why Systema is going to be distributing the GBB M4 from http://www.lastudiojapan.com/ ?

Interesting... and yet... still so expensive.

Here is a quote from an email I got back from LA Studio when I asked if it was based on the old JAC design:

"Hello.

I am LA Studio representative Nakamura.

It is a thing besides JAC.

It is completely original.

As for sales, it is scheduled to be executed from Systema.

Please hear it from Systema.

Thank you. "

PS: The comment about reusable BB's came from their promotional video. I didn't make it up.

No I have the same dvd where the guy makes the re-usable bb comment.

I think Systema is going to be providing them with metal bodies and whatnot. But frankly I think Systema is really flopping around right now, just releasing SCK kits of all their guns, i.e they've ditched the idea of new products in favor of re-releasing the same thing.

As for the GBB M4, umm...150 dollars per mag, screw that. I feel bad enough as it is paying 50 a mag. hehe.

If all goes well, I should have 6,03mm stainless barrels for the PTW available before X-mas in CQB-R, M4 and M16 lenghts. They will come with the barrel itself and a brass or steel sleeve, so no modification to the original hop-up will be needed. Each one will also have an o-ring on the end to eliminate inner barrel wobble inside the outer barrel.

I hope to be able to keep the cost of an M16 lenght barrel below 250USD. The shorter barrels will obviously be cheaper.

Archived