PTW Owners

IBICO

AND Titleist,

you made me smile :D

You got time though, no worries. Wouild be nice if we could stick together and play but... oh well, sigh. Maybe next year when I go to Cali, ;)

Anyways, did some further testing especially with the A4. M130 and .20 BBs (need to get me those ones you had mentioned to me). Single fire.

I was able to measure 63 metres (Binocular/range finder, accurately measured), rather consistent target hitting, that would be 10 more metres than I was able to achieve with the M4.

Did a lousy job in cleaning the inner though (prior to the shooting test), will try again (and with better weather too, today it's overcast) and we'll see.

Ciao ;)

Since some gentleman left a +1, here's a bonus pic ;) (AND THANKS!)

You can see the Binocular/Range finder I used for the test.

post-4815-1131982879_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Be welcome to the forums, mate!

;)

Look what I've just found, posted in today's pics @ militaryphotos:

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62014

051024f8732e0113yu.jpg

HURLBURT FIELD, Fla. -- Capt. Don Garrett leads a special operations weather team during a training exercise here. Special operations meteorologists provide weather information to operators around the United States. (U.S. Air Force photo)

Now isn't it just SO close?

LOL, Solo ;)

Guess you have to look at it like this, it's a LE training tool, and relatively speaking they're going down the list of most common LE weapons first. I don't personally know where a G3 ranks in that list. But I'm sure MP5 first, not sure what will be after that.

Got this in a pricelist..

NM16M4A1 Training weapon NM16M4A1 (semi-version) US$1,200.00

NM16A2 Training weapon NM16A2 (semi-version) US$1,200.00

Anyone else know for sure that semi-version is out?

I was also thinking. If I took my M16A2 innerbarrel with the piston from the M16.. put it inside the M4A1 and a silencer on it.. That would make one nice weapon :-)

Got this in a pricelist..

NM16M4A1 Training weapon NM16M4A1 (semi-version) US$1,200.00

NM16A2      Training weapon NM16A2 (semi-version) US$1,200.00

Anyone else know for sure that semi-version is out?

I was also thinking. If I took my M16A2 innerbarrel with the piston from the M16.. put it inside the M4A1 and a silencer on it.. That would make one nice weapon :-)

Cylinders of longer barreled PTWs and the M4A1 are not compatible ;)

You'll see, minor difference but it wont fit.

If you think about it some.. what west world weapon would be the best to to after ar15 and mp5? I think g36 since both germany and spain use it and other european contries also have some use of it like england (LE) and some use in sweden aswell (SSG) at least there is some pictures of them with the g36.

Also norway have some plans going over to the g36 (if im not wrong informed)

That would be a sweet gun for sure :P

Solo: Do you know if its possible to buy seerate inner barrel assembly and a m4 outer barrel since I have some plans doing a 10,5" barrel for mine sometime in the future. And I really dont want to waste my original barrel.

hmmm.. I think there would be some swapping of internal components in the cylinders in the close future :-)

Oh yeah lol, that for sure. It's just externally that they're slightly different, a minor thing really.

Interior-wise, they are identical (m90 to m90, M110 to M110, M130 to M130, ..... ).

WOW... too bad I don't have that much money...

If systema is going down the more common LE and "Professional" firearms, would they start making shotguns? or pistols? the USP's and SIG's are real common along with the standard issued M9...

G3 seems pretty down the list since it's so old, but maybe the newer HK guns like the G36, now that would be awesome.

If anyone wants to know how the internal build of the systema magazine looks like.. Look no further :-) Here it is. :P

To take it apart.. try this:

pull it out from the top after taking out the two metal pins.

Use a plier to take away the plate on the bottom.. and then press it out. At the bottom of the inside plastic core you have something that sticks out. just push the inner core out by pressing it out towards the part where the bb`s come out. not the back end of the magazine but the front. then it is out..

mag1.sized.jpg

mag2.sized.jpg

mag3.sized.jpg

mag4.sized.jpg

Well, if all goes well with Systema, and the civi versions of the PTWS's come out in America. (Goes with the fact that the PTWS' are getting an NSN number, and thusly goverment contracts, which means they can't be sold under the same name to civi's)

I should be getting mine in a month or so.

FoxTrot,

hi there.

Do you know for a fact that they're getting an NSN or is it an hypothesys? That'd be pretty cool indeed. BTW, you can already get one (the civi version) and legally in the US. And from within, not even ordering direct from Japan. Please LMK via PM, this is a newly available option.

;)

BTW IBICO, great job disassembling the mag! :D

Archived