PTW Owners

IBICO

Hey, thanks! Nice link, too. I love this PTW owners thread; filled to the brim with fellow Armalite lovers! w00t!

PS:I'm ordering my WGC Custom M16A1 tomorow. When it gets here (Christmas day, for me!) I'll write a review and put up prettiful pics. (Don't worry, not in here!)

Nice guns again, and cheers

~Matthew

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys,

I'm glad to be able to give some news to you all.

Systema PTWs will be available shortly (mid december 2005) in Kit form, namely, The Professional Challenge Kit.

Basically, Systema cut the price in half being able to eliminate some assembling costs, you having to do the rest when the kit gets to you, home.

Here's a few more details, enjoy.

Please note: this is official, it will be out "officially" shortly ;)

ck13pm.jpg

ck23dl.jpg

Solo

It sound on you that it is possible to buy the whole gun unassembled for a cheap price. But the picture only show the upper reciver and barrel assembly

Do you think you can conntact Kumi and see if it aslo will be possible to buy loose gearbox assembly, barrel assembly and so on.

Thanks

Solo

It sound on you that it is possible to buy the whole gun unassembled for a cheap price. But the picture only show the upper reciver and barrel assembly

Do you think you can conntact Kumi and see if it aslo will be possible to buy loose gearbox assembly, barrel assembly and so on.

Thanks

Titlesit is correct and Skandarn mate, I *think* the answer to your question is yes, but I'll ask. I had already been told parts would be available separately to mod the rifles in a similar fashion you do with regular airsoft rifles, if not even ARs real steels (where you do sawp uppers and lowers as a whole, which is already totally feasible with Systema PTWs) ;)

well that would be great to have the option to buy a whole upper as on a real ar. please convince systema that we can have that option along with spare parts :D

Yeas of course I see the lower in pic. no. 2 but the main picture in pic no. 1 only shows the upper

well that would be great to have the option to buy a whole upper as on a real ar.

From what I undersand, this was in their minds since the very beginning (hence, the need to put the gears as a whole in the lower).

and

please convince systema that we can have that option along with spare parts  :D

lol I'm afraid I am not so influential but I will ask again (although I say again, I think this is what has been planned) :D

Now I have put a replica Acog on my Systema M16A2. The replica acog is a bit thicker at the bottom. So I had to use my trusted dremmel :-).. Filing of the sides a bit so that it fitted perfectly. Now I just have to add some black paint at the bottom so that the shiny metal does not show..

So ppl.. It IS possible to fit airsoft accessories on the System.. just have to do some custom works :-)

My_M16A2_acog.sized.jpg

It's not uncommon that airsoft parts don't fit airsoft parts, the sloppier tollerences are pretty standard with that kind of thing. I had the same problem about 3 years back with a CA carry handle not fitting a bi-level mount, lots of grinding and filing required. Honestly that's the thing I love about the PTW, add real parts to it and there's no painstaking grinding, sanding, or modification needed, things just work like they're supposed to.

And...the "Challenge Kit" has gone official!

:)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/index.php?g...rt_from=&ucat=4

Is it the "complete PTW kit gun" that is prodused in 300?.. and only the M4A1?

If there is lot of upgrades in this type instead of the original one.. I might consider buying one :-)..

Just have to know the price first.

Mate,

nope. Unless I read wrong, there's two different things being offered in this latest news.

One is metal bushings for Marui/Compatibles M4/M16s series, which - given to mold usage - is the last batch of Systema metal bushings to be made, and it's being offered as a last 300 pieces batch. This has NOTHING to do with the PTWs.

Then, we have the "Challenge Kit", which is the new, 3rd generation PTW sold in kit form for 88k Yen. This last offer has no unit sale limit ;)

EDIT: confirmed, my interpretation is correct ;)

Mate,

nope. Unless I read wrong, there's two different things being offered in this latest news.

One is metal bushings for Marui/Compatibles M4/M16s series, which - given to mold usage - is the last batch of Systema metal bushings to be made, and it's being offered as a last 300 pieces batch. This has NOTHING to do with the PTWs.

Then, we have the "Challenge Kit", which is the new, 3rd generation PTW sold in kit form for 88k Yen. This last offer has no unit sale limit ;)

EDIT: confirmed, my interpretation is correct  ;)

Think the numbers on the article is wrong.. on arnies..

TEL: +81-3-3997-8544

FAX +81-3-3779-8900

but on the webpage at systema..

Phone: +81-03-3997-8544

Fax: +81-03-3997-8900

Yes,

I remember that when I had faxed my orders, the number on the site wouldn't work right away. I think the 0 in front of the 03 has to be taken out, can't remember precisely, but try that one

EDIT that would make Arnie's numbers correct

NEW PROJECT.. This time I have done some micro switch made in the stock. I have made it almost done. Just some black paint on it to make it pretty.

I hated to unplug and plug the battery to save battery. Now I just have to open the lid on the stock to cut power :-)

micro01.jpg

Take one microswitch. I took one from a security alarm. they are cind of common to find at electronic stores. they are used at many things. Even in the trigger of the CAM249

micro02.jpg

Take of the metal plate and just have the switch with the small tap.

circiutboard.jpg

Take out the plug from the original plug from the circuit board.. ( the + pole)

micro03.jpg

Soldier one cable with a (female plug) on the switch

micro04.jpg

Soldier the plug from the circuit board to the switch so that it a closed circiut when the switch is pressed in.

micro05.jpg

micro06.jpg

Glue some plastic parts at the top and bottom of the siwtch so that it would be in place when you glue it in the stock. The microswitch tap should be right over the lid. The battery should then be able to be inserted normaly

micro07.jpg

Put it inside the stock and glue it in place. Be sure to get it at the right hight.

micro08.jpg

Now just screw a tiny screw on the lid so that it touches the switch when closed. If you notice in the earlier pictures a white BB.. then this was the first attempt to make something to touch the switch. I altered this to a screw after I assembeled it.

solo: When you leave your rifle in for the next game to you unscrew the houp or do you just let it be untill next event?

No prob with our hop ups for what I know. Always left them "set" and never changed them (unless I had changed cylinder and therefore had to reset).

Archived