PTW Owners

IBICO

I was thinking of starting a thread where people that own PTW airsoft could post theire experience with it and post pictures with accessories and what they have done with them.

I have just bought myself a M16A2 gen2

M4A1 would also come to my hands after some haggeling with Solo :-)

I also want to know if anyone got singleshot PTW? maybe the M16A2 singleshot that is made to a semisniper or something?

Here is it:

systemaM16A2Burst.sized.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what FPS are systemas firing at stock?

There is no "stock power" meaning anymore for current generation (3rd) Systema PTWs, as one can be purchased already with an "over the forum rules FPS cylinder" and that would be stock (as in "it comes like this from the factory"). In general though, there are three different power sets (that one can swap among as shown in this video www.zshot.com/videos).

You can read about them here: www.zshot.com

However, in previous generations, they had an M90 cylinder, measuring about 290FPS: we could maybe keep on considering this as the stock power.

Just want to make sure to not to step over the forum rules here mate, and have this nice and new born thread seized ;)

Hope it helps.

None of those threads take up the same issues that I am asking about.

And pleas don`t post a lot of questions about things negative or positive just around wanting or if the systema is worth the money.

I just want a thread where people that HAVE ptw could share the information about the PTW and some photos.

Yes the bolt release triggers the computer into allowing the gun to fire. The charging handle is not functional, some people have complained this is a step backwards from the marui design. But on my M933 with metal body the charging handle wasn't moveable either, so no biggy.

When you insert a fresh mag you press the bolt release, at the end of the magazine you insert a fresh one and insert another.

oh btw, I have a PTW as well, I'll upload new pictures on tuesday morning, but here's mine:

dsc000835fg.jpg

Yeah, to clarify, if it had been a whinge about "oh noes not another PTW thread!" there'd have been usage of words like Search and Noob and OMG and stuff...

Just thought seeing as you were looking for opinions, owners and pictures that I'd seen a few threads that had them, so should point the way for folks to avoid repeating themselves or before anybody did post a "WTF Use teh search button!!!" post.

I also linked in the official Systeam promo video for ya.

Don't own a PTW myself, and doubt I ever would (don't see the point IMO) but there's been a lot cropping up on them recently, so it's always good to keep stuff in one place than have 6+ threads on the same topic.

Anyone is welcome to chat to me by PM anyway because I'm cool.

I'd like to see a misfeed training program, which would cause the gun to seize firing all the sudden when it was activated before shooting. This failure would be cleared by removing the magazine, pulling on the charging handle, inserting magazine and pulling the charging handle again.

Although you can perfectly use a real gun for this drill if you need the practice. Nothing to do with airsoft.

-Sale

Am i right in thinking the new m16 model <as seen on WGC> has a proper burst firing mode? This alone makes me want it!

Tom,

among the three PTW models, the M16A2 only has the 3 burst shot mode, and it's been having it since its release, over one year ago (the thread starter , IBICO, actually has this, and I have one myself).

Kitch I knew you had posted the list as additional info, thank you. This thread would have a slightghly different meaning from the others though, such as seen in CA249 threads or dedicated stuff threads that do float around here. So this would be a slighlty different thread i.e., for those who actually own one, to exchange info, images and experiences, since there is (as of yet) no place where we can do this. I hope this doesn't bother too many, since I really wouldn't understand why it should. If you are bothered by the existence of this thread, please do not post here, PM IBICO or me instead. Thank you :)

Please understand that there is no wrong legacy among us, in the fashion of a dirty bunch of snobbish people, nor any tipe of hidden agenda.

Again, thanks for your understanding.

PTW in the water: I haven't tried it myself (nor I will, except for hard rain which is fine) but I know of people that have.

Dipping it into the water (in full) will fry the rifle (there is an electronic board inside).

Rain doesn't do anyhting (just like moisture, ... ).

However, from what I "heard" an additional, totally water proof model is being done, since Systema realized it was a requisite for the alleged LE training. I also heard that making it totally water proof was feasible and a non issue. But - as you can see - this is only an "I heard it thru' the grapevine", so please be advised.

;)

And now, Ladies (is there any out here after all?) & Gents,

"Da Family"

;)

Wow, Solo, you officially suck...

Man that's awesome, love that M16 A2 and A4, great photo, I'll have to snap a better photo tomorrow.

I'm gonna go cry under my bed now. Now you make me really want an M16A4.

Hah, you're awesome dude, but seriously, that's sick in a good way.

Archived