PTW Owners

IBICO

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, everything niche is cool till it becomes popular. When I got mine it was like Me, Solo, and one or two other guys, now it's every body and their mom.

You know it's hit a saturation point when the teenagers are getting their parents to buy them ptws *insert barfing emoticon here*

parents buy me it, hahahaha i wish, i want it because i seen one and the range on it was phreakin amazing (that and a working bolt catch). anywho can someone please answer my questions

Umm, basic research might help you. YES it comes with an M90.

As for the question about basic movement, they assume you're not retarded and thus can install it correctly. A non-SCR ptw is hand checked and put through a process where it's inspected before shipping, this is not, thus they don't guarantee that every piece's fit is 100 percent. That's what you get when you shave off the quality control.

I was thinking of picking up the challenge kit myself, give me a project to work on. I haven't found all that much in the way of reviews yet. But I just know that after completion the temptation to have reciever engraved would be too great! Hmm... pay extra for logo' or not to pay extra for logo'... hmmm...

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY got my Gen. III challenge kit after waiting almost 7 weeks! It was pretty simple to put together, apart from the motor which didn't have the terminal markings :)

The gun chronoed at 105m/s with the stock M90 cylinder and 0,2g BBs.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys,

ive been looking into purchasing a M4 ptw the thing i want to know is that does the bolt release "stick out" like the real rifle once the last round has been fired. Or is it merely a tap to re-align the circuit? Sorry if this has been previously raised on this topic..

tony

I just spend all morning and the good of this afternoon going through 58 pages of this thread. I've decided if I manage to sell off 2-3 of my current aegs, I'll pick a Challenge Kit from Dentrinity.

Oh, and if more than 10 people on this forum now owning a PTW means that it's not that "unique" and even "popular" now, then...gosh.

I just spend all morning and the good of this afternoon going through 58 pages of this thread.  I've decided if I manage to sell off 2-3 of my current aegs, I'll pick a Challenge Kit from Dentrinity.

Oh, and if more than 10 people on this forum now owning a PTW means that it's not that "unique" and even "popular" now, then...gosh.

Dammit another man with the growing amount of cash that will be unleashed upon the happy people at den trinity. I want a PTW!

Has anyone got a video of the operation and firing of the ptw's rather than the systema advertisment video??

Solo made a video. But you won't see anything new or unique in a video of the PTW in action, to tell you the truth performance wise it's worse than a stock TM M14.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

• 4 months later...

At this point a tightbore is NOT worth the money. Doff makes them on www.systema-ptw.com. But there's a lot of better uses for 350 dollars I can see. Frankly the problem with the PTW inner barrel is two fold, it's a big *albatross* diameter and a *suitcasey* and crude hopup. Unless you fix both at once, it's a waste of money. And there is no fix for how poorly designed the PTW hopup is. Frankly wait, I think Doff's barrel, while a nobble attempt, is a huge waste of money considering they take a 50 dollar part and do "modifications" to it. Which frankly I don't see as justifiable to a 650 percent markup in price.

Carbine is working to manufacture some tightbores, maybe towards the end of the year. But honest opinion, save your money and wait. At the current time it'd be a foolish waste to spend any money on the tightbores, because frankly they boost the accuracy by so little it could at best be considered MARGINAL. Also, until a better hopup comes about you only tighten the groupings a tiny bit, but the consistancy of shots is still ALL OVER THE PLACE because of the crappy hopup. Seriously, my APS2 hopup looks positively futuristic in quality compared to the Systema's.

Archived