PTW Owners

IBICO

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay,

it is not a secret that I have never been of the biggest fans of Systema PTWs crane stocks.

While it is amazingly well built, I never liked the foam pads. Minor thing I know but you see, I really like my rifle realistic down to the screws. Not so anal that I'll go nuts on stuff - I still love it and enjoy it as it is/was - but isn'it always fun to try and customize?

It is. And it's been like this in the Airsoft world since its beginning.

So, I dared.

I purchased this crane stock from WGC: it's a Prime.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...BSP2_srch_prime

Then, when it got home, I tried it on.

It works.

By saying it works, I mean that Prime crane will slide in just perfectly on Systema M4A1's tube stock.

Also, I mean to say that Systema 9.6 batteries (Sanyo) FLIGHT DO fit perfectly in the crane battery slots.

Which solves the first batch of issues and questions (and BTW, I liked Prime's plastic quality. At first I thought it was like Systema's, now I think it's just one step below but still totally lovely).

Now I'm working on rewiring the BATTERY (and ONLY the battery. This way, I will always be able to fit Systema's crane back in if I wanted to, so nothing is permanent).

A couple pics for you folks to look at (is it different in looks than Systema's and do I like it better: YES).

crane38bc.jpg

crane28ic.jpg

and (sorry for the bad quality)

cran13uo.jpg

solo I do not want to spoil anything here since you really want it reel steel and so on. the prime crane stock doesnt have reel steel dimension. it its a bit bigger then the reel counterpart.

in the real one you only get a cr123 battery to fit.

sorry..

yeah I never liked how bnig the Systema Crane stock was so I planned on getting this one when I get my PTW

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...07BK_cat_Stocks

I wonder now if it will work. I hope so.

It is also good to here that the prime onw is significantly smaller, therefor an option if I need one

iBAWLS,

frankly, I think it'll work fine. I was surprised today at how easily this crane fitted. I think any will do just as easily. In fact, today I was looking at other cranes, including a STAR one that is the same as Systema's (that is, you insert the batteries from behind, not from the front like Prime's) being roughly the same dimension as Systema's, too but without the foam pads.

That would be another good chance of having a "clean look" and not even having to modify the batteries that come with our Systemas.

Good luck, and please keep us posted once you will have done all your steps.

The Prime crane stocks are nice, I like it on my CQBR M4 (just normal AEG, not a PTW yet), the only problem is getting a 7.2v battery to match the Systema one for the M90 and M110 cylinder sets if i done it on a PTW. Im also considering getting another real Vltor stock and modding it to take batteries when i get my PTW, would take some time and good thought before any work, but if it goes well, then you cant really complain.

thats very nice. cool with an unbranded lower, thats something for you solo.

I just want a m16 upper :P

One more thing, I had some plans building my ptw with a vltor stock.

Ufortunally the PTW refuses to run on small size batteries so thats make it possible to use any other then the stocks seen here if you want an internal battery.

I dont really know why the systema didnt want to run on that battery but I guess it have something to do with the advanced circuit in it.

lol, yeah I'm fine with my PTW for now, the logos don't bother me that much in all honesty, maybe in a few months I'd like to see about getting the unbranded lower receiver and try swapping the guts from my V3 into those, would be nice, but I'm in no rush to risk busting my brand spankin new gun right away.

Skandarn, yeah I have a feeling it has to do with the circuitry and how it senses power.

Most likely what Solo and I are going to do is use something like the Prime or Star stock for skirmishes, but I'm going to order a real LMT CRANE stock for display purposes, my gun is on my wall 99 percent of the time, so the real crane would definately be nice. In fact the systema one doesn't bother me at all, especially if it's just for the days of skirmishing.

Skirmished with the gang today, with my beloved treasure.

Systema's crane naturally, 'till I work something out ;)

Okay first off, Solo, you're a dirty ###### for having a field that looks like that. I get redwood forest for me, true, but yeah...that looks awesome.

Secondly, maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't think the Systema stock is that bad, the material is well done, it feels good, the pads...yeah it'd be nice if they weren't there but they're not awful. Only thing I don't care for is that they thend to pick up a lot of crude, especially during a skirmish if I'm sweating I really don't want to have that thing soaking up a lot of crude.

Oh well.

heheh thank you buddy :)

I too like Systema's crane, it's just that foam pads. For the rest, I still have to see a matching quality stock of any other brand. Top notch here.

Just wanted to say that I smashed the rifle today, all those corners, running and gunning, whoa.

Despite having owned PTWs for quite some time now, I still get proudly surprised when I see that I can grab my rifle and beat it and it will remain as sturdy as it if was a one piece metal thing. ;)

you better dont mean that you broke it solo?

well I too really like the ptw m4 stock to bur rs is always rs

well I cant do that for posing purposes either since I use it 6 h a week

Solo Damn is that a big cqb place you play at. loocks incredibly.. if there is some big cqb games in italy in the summer I might come visit you =)

you better dont mean that you broke it solo?

Solo Damn is that a big cqb place you play at.  loocks incredibly..  if there is some big cqb games in italy in the summer I might come visit you =)

Oh no mate, worry not, not even near being broken just the opposite: alive and kickin'.

BUT after all I've done to it particularly today (I think CQB can destroy guns more than woodland), I can witness once more as these are really well done and grunt-proof ;)

Would be great if you came donw and joined us, look forward to that

Judging it based on other crane stocks in terms of build quality it's easily the best of it's class. But you're right, as "geardos" the thing we go after is accuracy, and the LMT crane stock doesn't have pads. So I totally agree with you on that front. Obviously you're right real steel is always the best choice. However the PTW is an interesting problem in that the front is all milspec, so the battery was definately a challenge, i guess if I wanted to avoid battery issues I should have gone with the M16, lol.

However like I said the real LMT stock will do fine for when the gun is on display, and then I can use the systema stock or another option for game days. Again what I meant was that it's one of those "yeah the gun is great, wish the stock looked more true to the real one" But it's not something that I look at and despise, if you know what I mean.

have you guys looked into these crane stocks. I wonder how they actually look - size wise and build quality

http://www.gp-web.com/en/newspop.php?nid=344

damn those challenge kits look good, but that new MAX, hmmmmm MAX M150. I hope they will at least sell the challenge kits to civi's here in the US.

Solo - Do you know if the challenge kits are V3 quality internals?

have you guys looked into these crane stocks.  I wonder how they actually look - size wise and build quality

http://www.gp-web.com/en/newspop.php?nid=344

damn those challenge kits look good, but that new MAX, hmmmmm MAX M150.  I hope they will at least sell the challenge kits to civi's here in the US. 

Solo - Do you know if the challenge kits are V3 quality internals?

The problem with that G&P is that it loads from the front, a la the closed back like the prime, so with this you'd have to construct a set of new batteries. So who knows.

Yeah about the M150, I don't know about you, but that's WAY too hot fps wise for almost any field unless your batshit nuts. They are going to sell the Challenge Kits to civilians, hence the CK is systema's work around for the restrictions on the LE-only PTW.

The CK's should have the same quality internals, just different externals, ie. not as durable as the PTWs. How much of a difference remains to be seen.

i am now seriously considering a PTW or the challange kit....

not sure im smart enough to get the challange kit to work-im not really that good at making things tbh, but i think i really do want a PTW just becuase they are so real and me being a geardo and looking to get rid of my current rifle (TM M16A2+ SP 203) i am looking for a M4 style realistic rifle and i belive systema hold the key to the geardo look that i want :D

hmm sorry for going on there cant help it...

you lot have some of the nicest rifles i have ever laid my eyes upon and have convinced me to be the first owner of a PTW at my local site if i can raise the funds :D

Archived