PTW Owners

IBICO

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
heheh thank you buddy :)

I too like Systema's crane, it's just that foam pads. For the rest, I still have to see a matching quality stock of any other brand. Top notch here.

Have you looked at this one?.. that one could probably be modded to take ordinary large size batteries?

Zenith Crane stock

It would be cool if you tried that one out.

I ma trying the Prime and the Star, and Title will be trying out a real LMT.

Then, we will all benefit mutually from our researches and we'll be able to choose "THE" right one (if only one is right, which I doubt).

What I mean to say is that much likely, if you really want it all, one might have a LMT for pure collecting, display purposes and an easy, functional one - but foamless - like Star's for the everyday skirmish.

Prime is good too, though is a tad smaller (towards real dimension but is not) thus forcing you to mod Systema's batteries to fit or buy new ones (feasible, both).

I just realized that the easiest thing for me would be to be able to fit Systema's pre made batteries (Sanyos, but assembled in a particular way) in Star's crane so also being able to revert to Systema's crane if I wanted to.

It would be cool if you tried that one out.

I ma trying the Prime and the Star, and Title will be trying out a real LMT.

Then, we will all benefit mutually from our researches and we'll be able to choose "THE" right one (if only one is right, which I doubt).

What I mean to say is that much likely, if you really want it all, one might have a LMT for pure collecting, display purposes and an easy, functional one - but foamless - like Star's for the everyday skirmish.

Prime is good too, though is a tad smaller (towards real dimension but is not) thus forcing you to mod Systema's batteries to fit or buy new ones (feasible, both).

I just realized that the easiest thing for me would be to be able to fit Systema's pre made batteries (Sanyos, but assembled in a particular way) in Star's crane so also being able to revert to Systema's crane if I wanted to.

Ordered it from UNC today :-).. I have a plan to use loose cells on this one.. but I have to check when I got it. the large-type cell is about 22mm thick.

titleist: The lmt stock are the heat.. I hade some thougts to remove the whole battery rod and cut of the endpiece and glue it to the stock.

in this way you get a larger room for the batteries. but is it enough for the systema ptw batteries? guess thats where you comes in to the picture :P

please let me know the diameter of the compartment tubes when you get one. if it fits with some modification that would be really great.

One more question to you with the kac ras

When a hold my m4 There is a slightly movment in the handguard

was it the same for you? 

how about when you use the kac ras, is it rock solid?

Totally rock solid, it took a rubber mallet to install on, it's gonna take a jack hammer to take off, lol.

Just so you guys know. The star stock is in my opinion the worst of the crane stocks. The plastic used feels very cheap, and has the kind of slick finish to it that just can't ever give you that tactical feel. Also, the rod that fits into the notches of the stock tube isn't very stable and will give the stock an annoying wiggle. Overall, I'm not at all impressed with the star crane stock.

I'd be more than willing to answer any more questions about the star crane stock.

~Tyler

just recieved a mail where Kumi said that they just have released a bushmaster stock. Unfortunally I dont know where to put the batteries.

of course you can always put them in a magpouch on the side of the stock but I prefer internal batteries.

That sucks about the body not being as strong on the CK. that is one reason I was going the systema route, the super strong build quality.  Now I may just have to find a way to purchase MAX and a few lower strength springed cylinders.

iBAWLS,

it's just the barrel, front sight and the stock that differ: ALL the rest is the same ;)

just recieved a mail where Kumi said that they just have released a bushmaster stock.  Unfortunally I dont know where to put the batteries.

of course you can always put them in a magpouch on the side of the stock but I prefer internal batteries.

Yeah I saw this yesterday as well, and my first reaction is "big whoop" since the tube is milspec you're probably better off just buying the real LE stock. I have a feeling this is just a general release AEG part that happens to be made of the same stuff the PTW parts are made of, hence a PTW stock.

I mean it's neat, but I don't really consider this to be a ptw part since there no place for the battery. Internal batteries for teh win.

I second aussies opinion on the star stock. It really is by far the worst replica stock made to date.

Solo, how do the barrels, front site and stock differ on the CK kits? Are they made out of aluminum rather than steel?

Solo, how do the barrels, front site and stock differ on the CK kits?  Are they made out of aluminum rather than steel?

Magsz mate,

on the LE version soon to be called PTW (while the "commercial" version will be called SCR seemingly) the barrel and front sight are steel, much similar if not identical to the real steel.

On the SCR it will be aluminum. Also, on the LE version the crane stock will be a different, more resistant plastic (same exact shape).

This - I guess - to bring more of the balance and feel of the real steel to the PTW.

ok I think we need to stighten this up.

If you buy one now you get it with a steel barrel

if you buy a challenge kit you get a aluminium barrel?

and the soon to come commercial version will come with a aluminium barrel?

and the systema MAX vill have all the reinforced parts?

ok I think we need to stighten this up.

If you buy one now you get it with a steel barrel

if you buy a challenge kit you get a aluminium barrel?

and the soon to come commercial version will come with a aluminium barrel?

and the systema MAX vill have all the reinforced parts?

PTWs, Gen 3s come with steel barrels, the SCRs have an aluminum one.

You mention a commercial version, I don't what you mean by that.

The MAX will have some more reinforced parts. Seems like marketing shannigans to me.

There are 3 versions out, the Gen3s with steel barrel, the SCRs with an aluminum barrel, and the MAX's which have all the features of the Gen3s with a few extra bits.

Archived