PTW Owners

IBICO

solo: Do you know if it possible to buy innerbarrel/hopup assembly and a lose outher barrel. I would like to make a 10,5" barrel and I dont want to waste the one I got now

Yes. It *should* be available shortly. That is, you should be able to buy spare PTW parts freely, complete with installation manual.

Hang on, official news shoudl be out soon ;)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well thats sounds promising..  Did you get it from www.zshot.com /other products or do you have a more secure source of information?

best regards P

Zshot is VERY secure info :)

I have got it thru' another source though, wich is very reliable.

I can't say it's 100% going to happen, but I'm rather confident it will.

solo: Do you know if it possible to buy innerbarrel/hopup assembly and a lose outher barrel. I would like to make a 10,5" barrel and I dont want to waste the one I got now

Yes. It *should* be available shortly. That is, you should be able to buy spare PTW parts freely, complete with installation manual.

Hang on, official news shoudl be out soon ;)

Thank God you posted this. I was having problems choosing either the M4 PTW or go with my Hk416 project with a 10.5" barrel and the lower quality CA CQB AEG. When will the official news come out? :)

Can't say. Not that I know and I wouldn't say, it's just that I really don't know when that will be.

I am usually told things that are about being made public a little earlier, I'm no secret agent here :D it's just that I get to hear them soon enough.

When I'll be told, you can make sure I'll let you know, too, as that will be just a little prior to be made largely public.

;)

Here's a few pictures of mine, I'm getting ready to order an Aimpoint 3x unit sometime this week, completing the gun.

What flashlight do you use, and where did you buy it? :-).. I think it is the same that Solo have???

post-11457-1132121485_thumb.jpg

What flashlight do you use, and where did you buy it? :-).. I think it is the same as Solo have???

Ebay, it's not the exact same as Solo's, but it's minor. His is an XM07, mine is an XM06, what's the difference? his cord is 1" longer than mine, 07 vs 06, get it? lol, those kooky Surefire guys.

Is it possible to take of the rail mount on it?

Nope. It's part of the chassis of the light. In fact, there's two types (one type only shown in our phto's) that is, thumb screw and ARMS throw lever. We both liked the thumb screw more.

EDIT: or mayb e I'm wrong about the M95 chassis, maybe you can take it out and use it as an hand held lamp. Someone who knows it for certain will maybe chime in.

Also for those that do not want the Systema logo on the side. I found something nice on dentrinityshop..

coas009a2.jpg

Product No. COAS009A2

Product Name PDC Logo Sticker (M16A2)

Description

Specification

Details

Stock In

Price (US$) 9.00

Incorrect, the PTW is 14mm + (CW)

As for the surefire, technically you CAN take it off, but it's not recommended. From a few users on AR15.com they said you can take it off but really it's just to set the mount on a specific side if you so wish. It's not in any way meant to transition to a handheld light. Hence the rails making it specifically a weapon light.

Hey, thanks for those pics of the magazines "cut-away". Also...Dammmit! You and all your damn nice rifles! Arrgh! :P

Okay, serious question:What is the difference between the M16 A2, A3, and A4? I've no clue about the A4, but I believe that A2 is three-round burst and A3 is auto with removeable carry handle. Alrighty, but what about the A4? How's it different from the A3? Thanks; my book is just a little outdated...I think the newest gun in there is the Mk. 23, and that's a 1993, I believe, give or take...Thanks. BTW:Check out my "New US Gov't. Symbol" thread in humor~You'll love it.

Cheers,

~Matthew

Slip, to my knowledge the differences are as you noted in that the A2 is SAFE/SEMI/BURST, while the A3 and A4 are SAFE/SEMI/AUTO:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/sys.../ground/m16.htm

The A4 is the same as the A3 except that the A4 comes with the KAC M5 RAS, this forms the M16 MWS (Modular Weapon System).

A4 is the most current model of M16 in deployment.

Archived