Tragic loss to WWE

Smoke

For those who don't know;

Nov. 13, 2005

WWE is deeply saddened by the news that Eddie Guerrero has passed away. He was found dead Sunday morning in his hotel room in Minneapolis. Eddie is survived by his wife Vickie and daughters Shaul, 14, Sherilyn, 9, and Kaylie Marie, 3.

The cause of death is unknown at this time. An autopsy will be performed in Minneapolis on Monday, and Eddie's body will then be flown to Phoenix. Funeral arrangements are set for Wednesday in Scottsdale, Arizona.

Eddie Guerrero was one of WWE's finest wrestlers and characters.

He will be greatly missed.

R.I.P Jeffe

1564270.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Over 60 million people died in WWII and of those 60 million, more were civilian than soldiers. The following is a run down with some numbers but does not offer a breakdown of the total civilian vs. soldier.

The Soviet Union lost the most with 25 million deaths, but only about a third were combat related.

China's death toll is incomplete but estimates are between 15 and 22 million.

Poland had 6 million deaths including 3 million Jews, roughly 20% of its prewar population.

Germany lost 4 million soldiers and 2 million civilians, many of them women.

Japan had 1.2 million battle deaths and another 1.4 million soldiers listed as missing, almost 1 million civilians were killed in the bombing raids between 1944 and 1945.

Over 1.7 million Yugoslavs and 500,000 Greeks died in the war.

France lost 200,000 soldiers and 400,000 civilians.

Italy lost 330,000 people.

Hungary lost 147,000 men in combat.

Bulgaria lost 19,000 in combat.

Romania lost 73,000 in combat.

Great Britain lost 264,000 soldiers and 60,000 civilians in bombing raids.

The United States lost 292,000 soldiers.

The Dutch lost 10,000 soldiers and 190,000 civilians.

Australia lost 23,000 men in combat.

Canada lost 37,000 soldiers.

India lost 24,000 men in battle.

New Zealand lost 10,000.

South Africa lost 6,000.

These totals do not include the 6 million Jews who perished in the Final Solution of Nazi Germany or the 17 million dead as a result of Japan's policies in Asia from 1931 to 1945.

perhaps because people seem more concerned about a bloke who ran around in lycra dying than millions of civilians dying in the worst war the world has known ?

i'm with HaVoC.

if the dude died in natural circumstances, unlucky man. if he died from drugs, he deserved it.

Sorry Havoc, the above was relavent how?

perhaps because people seem more concerned about a bloke who ran around in lycra dying than millions of civilians dying in the worst war the world has known ?

i'm with HaVoC.

if the dude died in natural circumstances, unlucky man. if he died from drugs, he deserved it.

Someone who most likely killed himself by drug-taking has received about as much, and will likely receive more in the future, publicity than the 60 million+ people who died for a reason (possibly arguable, but still) in World War 2 alone.

Because he's a celebrity.

Someone dies on rememberence day so it doesn't count?

Not at all, but I honestly don't think you can compare the loss of one person to drugs (probably) to the loss of 60 million who (for the most part) fought for our freedom.

Note that I have not said that I don't feel sympathy, I just...feel it hard to.

Someone who most likely killed himself by drug-taking has received about as much, and will likely receive more in the future, publicity than the 60 million+ people who died for a reason (possibly arguable, but still) in World War 2 alone.

He's meant to of been off the drugs for nearly 4 years to the day.

If you know nothing of the sport, nothing of the man, nothing of his history.

Don't post, you're just using "omg more people died in ww2" as an excuse to not mourn eddie, which i find disgusting, you should be ashamed.

He was a great wrestler, drugs or no drugs, he's still our latino heat!

i also never said i didn't care.

if you notice, i have all the sympathy in the world for a guy who dies and didn't bring it on himself. if he brougth it on himself, he has nobody else to blame BUT himself.

and look, i'm sorry Caz, but im blunt as *fruitcage* when it comes to making a serious point, and thats how it is.

at best, the guy ran around making loads of kiddies happy and helping boom the US entertainment economy. on the other hand running about in lycra, pretending to hurt people doesn't count as much in my book as being gassed because you had the wrong colour hair, or where in the wrong place at the wrong time.

again, if he didn't kill himself, all sympathies - if he did kill himself, all he has done is hurt his own family.

blunt i know, but meh...

edit - and thats it, ive had enough of this thread.

i also never said i didn't care.

if you notice, i have all the sympathy in the world for a guy who dies and didn't bring it on himself. if he brougth it on himself, he has nobody else to blame BUT himself.

and look, i'm sorry Caz, but im blunt as *fruitcage* when it comes to making a serious point, and thats how it is.

at best, the guy ran around making loads of kiddies happy and helping boom the US entertainment economy. on the other hand running about in lycra, pretending to hurt people doesn't count as much in my book as being gassed because you had the wrong colour hair, or where in the wrong place at the wrong time.

again, if he didn't kill himself, all sympathies - if he did kill himself, all he has done is hurt his own family.

blunt i know, but meh...

edit - and thats it, ive had enough of this thread.

I think that was the point I wanted to make, too.

Therefore, adios.

Right.

The thread title was 'tragic loss to the WWE' not tragic loss to the world. Yes, he was a celebrity, and ok, some of you may not care all that much, but obviously some people here do.

Can I ask that the mans passing be respected and this thread not turn into a pissing contest of statistics?

Archived