Who says the FAMAS is ugly?

Doug

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, AFAIK it is, so it would mean sawing it off. Which is all fine and dandy (I doubt you'd be able to render the gun inoperable if you screwed up), but how easy would it be to get a nice finish on it? The join between the G36 handle and the FAMAS has to be convincing.

Just done some research.

Stock inner barrel for the fams is 47cm long. Judging by the picture there is an extra 30cm added on (IMHO).

So thats about 77cm which is bigger than the psg1 barrel which is 65cm. That could still be used though and just have a bit of blank outer barrel.

the TN barrels on AD come to 70squid.

I don't think the barrel is quite as long as that (the numbers marked I just did by eye so I'm not saying they're exact):

famas-g36-2.jpg

Can any of the KM barrels on AD's website be slotted into the FAMAS? Or do they vary in width, fittings etc?

They only have barrels that will fit the stock famas. These are only the right legnth for a stock Famas. If your going to use a longer barrel you will have to make sure that it fits into the outer barrel you intend to use.

AS for different widths, I'm not sure but i'd think they are different widths.

Personaly I would get an outer and inner barrel intended to be used with each other, that way they would be the right legnth for each other and the right width.

Damn I came up with the same carry handle around the same time, but your pic is much better, mine has two different resolution pics chopped together...

I really want to make one of these, but just the carry handle idea.

What would you call it?

I was going with the working title of StuMAS, but obviously a bit silly :P.

An upside is if you remove the cocking handle (which is a bit ###### anyway, and would get in the way of the scope), you could fit a normal G36 rail because thats the whole point of the large one, to replace the normal, so would have same fitting? But with that rail would be lower profile, interchangeable etc for red dots etc, would be ace

I think a FAMAS can be made wonderfuly attractive just by ripping off the 'Bulge' handle and shoving i scope there!

http://utahcountyairsoft.com/public/roster...s/famas-saw.jpg

look at this ^

and then look at the versions of FAMAS below

http://world.guns.ru/assault/famas_g2_all.jpg

Now THAT g2 sniper version is SOOO hot!

would look better less the bipod

Here's a pic of it without the bipod mod:

famas-g36-noleg.jpg

I quite like the bipod cos with that and the longer barrel this would make quite a good light support weapon if you added a box mag.

Is the cocking handle definitely in the way of the scope? It's not off to one side slightly (can't tell from the picture)?

I heard elsewhere on this forum that if you want to get a barrel that's significantly longer than the original, you need to replace the cylinder as well (otherwise it doesn't have the volume to push the BB all the way down the barrel without the BB slowing). Does anybody know where I can find out which cylinders are suitable for which barrels?

47 cm + 12 cm = 59 cm, so I figure the best barrel would be the KM M16A1/VN/A2/Steyr TN Barrel Long 550mm , or the KM PSG-1 TN Barrel 590mm . Either would do, just need to know if the cylinder in the FAMAS needs changing (might not with the first one since it's not that much longer than the FAMAS barrel?)

Archived