Who says the FAMAS is ugly?

Doug

Doug: Don't worry, I just remodeled the front because I wanted it to look different. It's not at all nessecary. The styrene is glued together with glue made for that, which melts the styrene parts together. Once glued, the plastic is fundamentally one single piece, and it's really strong. Both the front and rear sight mounts are held in place by really huge screws from inside the cover, which go through convenient holes along the centre line already there.

However, centre of gravity lies further back (at the pistiol grip), so carrying the gun by the handle isn't somthing you'd really do. On a FAMAS you can grip it around the centre of gravity, at the end of the rail, you can't do that if you have a G36 rail there.

And yeah, here's a pic of the whole gun:

wip2004-10-06.jpg

Thanks for the kind words about it BDB :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One word Hardcoil: Yay!

Anyhoo, I should reiterate that I don't have a FAMAS at the moment; whether I get one or not will depend one how easy it appears to be to modify it as I suggested above. I guess you could call this thread a 'feasability study' :)

• 1 month later...

Not really because I did it with electronics (a MOS-FET transistor relay) and a microswitch. If I had tried doing it mechanically it wouldn't have been possible . The FAMAS gearbox expects a pull, while the P90 trigger is set up to push.

Archived