• 1 month later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That silver Dragon looks awesome!

I have one of the standard WE Hi Capa 5.1 pistols, and I've found something of a design flaw. I've had the pistol for only a few days now, and already it's unusable. I tried loading the standard green gas mag for the first time, and as I was just about to load the first BB into the mag, the feeder slipped from under my fingernail, flew forward and slammed into the top of the magazine, net result: both retention lips were blown clean off the mag :(. Now the magazine will not hold any BBs at all.

I'm taking the pistol back to the supplier tomorrow to see if I can get a CO2 mag in place of the standard one (CO2 mag has a button to lock the feeder in the retracted postition for loading). It seems a minor oversight, not having a mechanism that locks the feeder back when loading, but it's an oversight that can render the pistol completely inoperable :(.

I'm sticking with the pistol if I can, as I am impressed with the performance, looks, and build quality. It's just that damn magazine that lets it down.

I received my Type B Black Dragon a week ago, with a king arms 150% spring set.

Shoots pretty well with 0.28 Guarder, but has problems with slidelock after 50 mags through it. I advise people to avoid using it unnessecarily The WE mag cannot fit the co2 adaptor valves for TM mags, so i'm ordering a TM mag for that. I expect to use a HPA rig with it.

I installed the 150% spring set, but that made the slide too snappy, so i went back to standard springs. Didn't seem to give a power increase anyway.

I found out that the hammer spring housing is in plastic, so i'm fitting on a RS Colt .45 Government spring housing. Alot of WE parts can actually be swapped with RS parts with little work.

I'll return tomorrow with some chrono results.

A picture of the hottie:

HPIM0234cut3.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A word of caution..... a mate of mine bought 2 of the "chrome" ones now one works fine but the other isn't cycling properly, he's had 'em for 2 weeks and so far they've been out for one game (so all the use they got was shooting the banister rail at home)he has tried with green and red gas with the same results. i would guess that they are sort of like Classic Army were with QC being a word only.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WE HI-CAPA---IS IT JUST A CHEAPO KNOCK-OFF!!!

1st of all this is a bit of a long post.Hang in there.You might be glad you did!!!

Hope that got your attention! :o

I've been using airsoft guns for aprox. 2 years now.Got into them trying to find a

replacement for my UK GOVT. confiscated target firearms--pistols.I am not an airsoft gamer.My friend and I shoot indoors in a London based shooting club.

Came across the superb TANAKA Colt SAA revolvers;and now have 3 of them.

If you gamers feel like being General Patton and need to have his sidearms,the Tanaka SAA is the way to go.

Anyway back to the plot.The WE hi-capa clones of the Tokyo Marui 5.1 HI-CAPA.

I bought a TM HI-CAPA 4 months ago and was very impressed with its build quality

and overall performance, so I added the 150% spring kit and the high flow valve,

also the T-K rifled barrel.So far it has performed flawlessly and is very acurate out to about 12 metres against soda cans and small targets of sub matchbox size.

Seeing the WE HI-CAPA variations on ebay and noting that they were metal clones(Seems to be ally castings)of the TM,I eventually bought the 7" Dragon & the 3.8" Baby HI-CAPA.+ THE Co2 mag conversion from a Hong Kong retailer.

Friends also bought WE's based on the inital performance of mine and all seemed ok for a few weeks.Then the problems started.My Dragon and a friends Baby stopped fully cycling within minutes off each other!!!

After stripping them down and giving them both a thorough examination it was realised that the firing pin fitted to the chassis sub-assembly was a bit battered,faulty, and was light striking the magazine gas valve,which made the gun short recoil and not re-cock for the next shot.The firing pin,and the frame for that matter,seem to be made of a very soft ally;as they file very easily.Did WE forget to harden these parts,or not bother in the 1st place??

This was confirmed by swapping in a sub assembly from a working WE pisol.And the faulty pistols now worked correctly.It was also noticed that the frame stop that the hammer hits against at full forward travel was heavily battered on my Dragon,as was the hammer.Hmmmmmmmmm.

What to do know???

Scouring the HK based airsoft sellers turned up an upgrade kit retailed by GunsandGuys, for the TM HI-CAPA,made by SilverFox airsoft. This consist of a S/S hammer,hammer strut,firingpin,sear and pins.This seems to be the answer:But at a cost of aprox £34.00+p&p :angry: to the UK.Do you think this is a good idea on a pistol that only cost £68.00!!!!!!!!!!

So,do my friends and I buy this upgrade?I cant find anyone selling the original TM

spares in HK or anywhere else:Except a Korean retailer,who has not replied to my e-mail.

Finally, are we using these guns for a purpose they were not intended for?

Were they only meant for occassional light usage in a gamer situation?Not for regular target practice/plinking.That said.The TM,the SAA,and The Western Arms

Strayer Voytes possessed by myself and friends are still going strong and show little if any wear.

Any advice from you all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx Geoff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I just bought a we dagon.

I also bought silicone lube.. in a spray can

1 Simple question:

Where should I lube/ how much.. thanks..

edit; also, it seems to be pretty heavy on gas.. using green gas, it sometimes doesnt get through the whole mag if I dont warm the mag first..

When I do warm the mag, it gets about 1 mag(30 rds).

I heard something about sanding down the inside of the slide... where abouts do I sand and how much... thanks.

Edited by nupplenits
This is my first post on here, im from finland and my english is bad. So i was wondering can this dragon hicapa take co2 out of the box and it wont broke?

Hi Sniper 11,

If you read my other post about the DRAGON you will see that I am uncertain of the build quality of these pistols.Some have damaged parts,others are still working.

I have the Co2 magazine and have used it.Idon't know if this contributed to the damage or not.

I wont be buying any more DRAGONS,thats for sure.Iwill stay with the marui's and Western Arms COLTS.

If we have any more problems I'll let you guys know.

regards Geoff.

• 1 year later...
This is my first post on here, im from finland and my english is bad. So i was wondering can this dragon hicapa take co2 out of the box and it wont broke?

Hi Sniper 11,

If you read my other post about the DRAGON you will see that I am uncertain of the build quality of these pistols.Some have damaged parts,others are still working.

I have the Co2 magazine and have used it.Idon't know if this contributed to the damage or not.

I wont be buying any more DRAGONS,thats for sure.Iwill stay with the marui's and Western Arms COLTS.

If we have any more problems I'll let you guys know.

regards Geoff.

no, you should NOT use the Co2 magazines with the Dragon, or any WE unless they've changed the internals up a lot. The internals, like you've seen gad, are very sensitive, and CO2 does massive amounts of damage very fast to the internals.

So, no. do NOT use CO2

• 2 years later...
Glad you necroed tho.. saw one up for sale, fully working with a mag and bottle of yellow gas, 75€.. the temptation is large, indeed. despite being more or less penniless :P

Should i go for it? Seems like a decent prices

You necro'd a necropost. Quite skillful, indeed. ;)

Ok, so not the best buy then.. good, saves me money :P Since you seem to be in the know, what brand of metal GBB pistols is the overall nicest ATM? :bestgun: I know that is sort of a ridiculus question, but if wanted a gun with ok gas consumption and reliability as well as a metal construction, where would i find that? I know TM's pistols are hard to beat but the plastic construction is not my cup of tea.

Ok, so not the best buy then.. good, saves me money :P Since you seem to be in the know, what brand of metal GBB pistols is the overall nicest ATM? :bestgun: I know that is sort of a ridiculus question, but if wanted a gun with ok gas consumption and reliability as well as a metal construction, where would i find that? I know TM's pistols are hard to beat but the plastic construction is not my cup of tea.

Maybe try an HFC pistol? I had one of their M9s and it was a great gun, as well as cheap. I only sold it because I got bored of the M9, in general.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Mr. Dawg, firstly, splendid review! Not pretentious and full of gun-nerd jargon like a lot I have seen, just layman terms facts - which is what I need!

Secondly, I am buying one (or two, which would be totally Hard-Boiled) of these gats. I might even be tempted by the 7" auto-9 stlye. "Come quietly, or there will be.......trouble"

Good Work Fella!