Battlefield 2:SF Brit Voices

Dead58

In the new BF2 add-on (special forces) it features the SAS, heres a sample of the classically English voices.

Dont you think the Americans idea of how we speak is a tiny bit warped? Obviously influenced by programmes such as Black Adder!

http://mypage.bluewin.ch/krpano/Brits.wav

I thought it was amusing when she says:

"Roger for the Resupply"

:blink:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanna hear what the Iraqis sound like in SF...

What is a major pain in the *albartroth* is the SEALS and SAS guys look totally.. wrong.

The special forces USMC guy from BF2 looked fine.

edit: The british voice has always been a thing of... hilarity in video games.

Full Spectrum Warrior's SAS guys had a similar voice, and that commander dude who's on your side in HL2 (who gives you the rocket launcher on the shore "arc") has the same voice...

*twiddles his handlebar moustache*

edit edit: As much as I love Americans.. this is what I found in the BF2 SF manual. A map that takes place in, and I quote...

"fallujah, afghanistan"

Wow, I'm the first American to reply in this. lol

Still, I thought the voices were a little off, but then again, I only know ENglish accents from the old chaps (sorry couldn't resist) of Monty Python and other British actors and such. I'm actually part English, and I can do several of the UK accents well, so I am told.

*Curls his REAL handle-bar mustache and speaks in a very heavy Welsh accent*

(My apologies for any of you offended by what I'm about to say...)

Right then! If only I had a pound for everytime those Yanks tried to imitate us, wot wot. Why, I'd be able to live more lavishly than that ol' Gates fellow and maybe buy that lovely country home up in Cornwall (my family is from there). Well, look at the time; tally-ho and such, I've got a luncheon back in London with some twit my daughter's engaged to. So long, and God save the Queen!"

quite right old bean however i belive their might be some resistance from those dastardly colonists here here we should make an example of calais for breaking away and then we'll see whos laughing on the other side of their tea party ^_^

The american voices are more realistic...btw im goin to pick up SF in like 20 min lol....We dont speek like rednecks even in Atlanta, Georgia(for all those that dont know...we get a lot of heat for being rednecks even though our tourist greeting song is the most black annoying rap songs EVER!(not too be racist, but ya)

Archived