Systema PTW pictures

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An alternate equipment load on the usual M4.

Notably, a replica Aimpoint with its replica military L shape mount, an ARMS back up sights (the usual one I use actually) and the new gadget, a DBAL replica that has a red point aimer and an IR (invisible to the human eye without NOD) aimer. It's an airsoft replica from Star, purchased at WGC and surprisingly of good quality (ALL metal, heavy and sturdy, with a replica Arms throwlever, indipendent switches for the lights and an attachable pressure remote).

Particularly, for those of you who watch war movies, this unit is on Bruce Willis' M4 in "Tears of the Sun".

The use of the red laser aimer (visible) is going to be interesting I think. It has a pretty long range (well visible up to what I was able to point it to, say 80 metres for now so well beyond actual rifle range) and although airsoft has seen some already, I believe there might be a new "fashion" coming up (G&P is also making some new ones).

I said it's going to be interesting as it can be a substitute for the red dot, thus allowing to just use iron sights. This DBAL replica I have (called D_LAP I think, lol) can be zeroed quite easily and it seems to be keeping zero rather well. Needs to be tried out in the field.

Raining way to much in Italy right now, I doubt I'll be able to test it shortly.

Here's a couple pics of the whole setup:

ptw14wm.jpg

ptw25yu.jpg

ptw36fl.jpg

ptw52wf.jpg

ptw68md.jpg

Edited by Solo

Just some of the configurations I have used.

I have more and will post later.

The suppresor used on my PTW is a TM Full Auto Tracer. With a custom Hydakiya adapter plate for the MK23.

I am looking for a TM Full auto tracer that is broken so I can take the iluminator out and put a M16 length barrel set in the M4 under the suppresor.

I am new to this Board so please bear with me. I am really not a noob.

HOLY *beep* OOHYA,

't was 'bout time you joined here with those goodies!!!!!!!!1111

LOL

Great to see you here at last, Welcome to Arnie's and thanks for the sweet pics!

Solo ;)

Edited by Solo

Yes standard 14mm + (CW), I just tapped out a real rock river A2 flashhider today to fit my PTW. Basically practice for when I get my Troy Medieval Strike muzzle break later this week.

DancingChedder, I look forward to seeing you in the PTW owners club as well.

Now Oohya, what was that I heard about a PTW website *cough*. Seems we might need one with these people coming out of da woodwork.

Nice alternative (picatinny rails) to the KAC RAS. AND less expensive! ;)

You'll see, with a forward grip the rifle is going to move flawlessly in your hands, much easier to handle. Good to see you use that sucker ;)

Have you skirmished with it yet?

Nice alternative (picatinny rails) to the KAC RAS. AND less expensive! ;)

You'll see, with a forward grip the rifle is going to move flawlessly in your hands, much easier to handle. Good to see you use that sucker ;)

Have you skirmished with it yet?

Not skirmished with it yet.. shot a few hundred bb`s on my home made target indoors but.. zeroed in that Acog. :-)

One of my club members borrowed it last sunday. and he told me it ROCKED :-)..

Only thing.. I did not know it had a 328fps spring in it.. UGH.. hehe.. it is 300fps limit on CQB.. but it went good. we don`t shoot at the face.

Very nice, glad those rails fit on with ease.  Correct me if i'm wrong, but is that a real steel ACOG on there? 

On the other hand, I'm glad you like me so much as to TATOO my name on your forehead there, mister IBICO.

Not RS Acog.. not got that yet. But if I do.. It would be the same type. :-)

ØYH.. don`t make fun of our special Systema tatoo.. LOL.. It is a special Systema avatar that our club members make when getting a Systema :-)..

PS! Edit..

These are the picatinny I use Use the one for THICK handguard... http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

Edited by IBICO