Systema PTW pictures

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure how true this information was, but its from '03 so it might just be a project PTW that was never released...

http://www.renegaderecon.com/article_details.php?id=6

"As already mentioned Systema’s complete electric gun series of SR-16 M4, SR-16 M5 and M16A3 were selling extremely well in Japan. Their retail pricing is about $1700, while Marui’s same plastic and much less powerful models sell at about 15%, which is only about $255. However, only the high school kids will be satisfied with Marui factory guns and there is bristling customization industry to modify the Marui electric guns to more realistic and powerful ones. To customize the gun you need to pay twice or triple the original price, so at the end of the day you are looking at total price tag of $500-$750. This would be enough to get metal body, internal upgrade and few minor parts.

The new electric gun’s retail price will be about $850, which brings it closer to the general price levels of customized guns sold at Japanese retail shops. So to recap, you get highly realistic factory made electric gun at 50% less price than before. The power is much less than before, but it can be easily tuned up later on thanks to modular mechanism."

Edited by No Mercy

The point being?

There was all sorts of talk of Systema making the PTW mechanism for companies like Classic Army. None of those rumors panned out.

The pure fact of the matter is the PTW system has not been populer with LE/Mil agencies, and it's been pretty much a complete niche product for even the airsoft gaming community, hence prices are still expensive.

At this point it's a premium product, and it's prices reflect that.

Thanks, it's not the actual Troy Flashhider. It's the replica that PROUD makes, just came out a week or so ago. It's a perfect copy of the Troy version, minus the logo on the top of the flashhider. Works perfect, and fits the look of the gun.

I love my PTW, but the last version with the G&P flashhider was always to me at least, "Well I got close to what I wanted, but I had to compromise on a few things" Now I can say the gun is finished, everything I wanted on the gun is on there.

hey solo....this goes way back...

do real Insight AN/Peq-2's cost $4950...i hear that they are very hard to get your hands on...

what class level is the laser IIIb?....

you need NVG to see the beam correct?....someone said that it can be seen out to 10 miles...if so thats insane....!

so crazy yet so amazing...

mercy

Solo can clarify, but yes real PEQ-2s cost a lot of money. They are indeed hard to get your hands on, mainly because it's an IR laser which means through most channels that requires a LE/MIL purchase request to own. Again unless you absolutely need IR aiming, it's a complete splurge waste of money purchase. lol. It's awesome for realism, but damn is it 'spensive.

Systema internals will only fit inside a Systema body. The gearbox is completly different from the standard TM gearbox (about half the size)

The only thing you could do, is to get the Systema ChallengeKit which has a blank receiver, and ingrave it.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

EDIT:

In a Systema PTW body that is.

To Solo:

I need some help from you mate.

Edited by LoneWolf
hey solo....this goes way back...

do real Insight AN/Peq-2's cost $4950...i hear that they are very hard to get your hands on...

what class level is the laser IIIb?....

you need NVG to see the beam correct?....someone said that it can be seen out to 10 miles...if so thats insane....!

so crazy yet so amazing...

mercy

I quote you on that (crazy but amazing thing). Yes I do have a real one, and took some more pics for you next to another unit - exceptionally well done - a traditional An/PEQ-style battery box.

My real one is indeed a class III laser US military device, specifically an An/PEQ2A and yes, it is amazingly powerful (in near mint condition both outside and inside).

I haven't paid nearly half of the price you found for my real one (pictured left in the images attached below), but still I paid quite some money, for a number of reasons (among which, limited Mil availability and Mil technology, I guess).

Naturally I do not expect others to do the same for their AS rifle, unless they are either as crazy as I am (real collector here) or own also a real steel they plan on using their unit on (there are quite a few people on AR15.com using this unit for hunting, plain night shooting, collecting, ... ).

Indeed, the real unit - being IR technology - can only be used with Night Vision optics otherwise you will see nothing ( I have experimented with a Sony videocamera with nightshot on, and I did see the unit working and it was AMAZING).

In fact I do not have at the moment NV equipment (3k more USD to spend on a PVS14) nor I plan on using my real unit in night games.... just yet.

Plus, there is a number of safety issues that need to be addressed, though I studied them all by means of military Manuals, presentations and so on.

My main intent here was to get as close as possible to the real M4 used by US forces, as seen on images floating around. That was - in the end - mainly for my own collecting purposes.

There are though at least a number of alternative possibilities right now for you to choose your An/PEQ2 box if you are after the same military look.

One is indeed the battery box unit I have just posted (received last week, Prime, WGC).

If you concentrate on the images for just a second, you should immediately notice how this battery box unit is different in a number of aspects from the real unit (rightfully: it is a battery box). Apart from these discrepancies (namely, different size in width, length and depth), this Prime unit has the closest look to the original I could ever find. Reason being the correct tone of blue for the safety block (ask me if you want to know more on how the real unit operates: I am NOT aware of OPSEC operation therefore we will NOT go in there, just basic operation and functionality, for your curiosity), metal (yes, metal) big screw on top, various metal parts, including the attachment grip for your RAS, JUST like the original).

I can actually say this Prime battery box unit has metal where the original has (actual lights ARE also metal, like the rear battery placement protective covers: nice huh?). Plastic is also great quality.

If you are interested in one IDENTICAL unit, even functioning simulating the capabilities of the real, military unit, I suggest you look into this great, upcoming G&P unit:

http://www.gp-web.com/en/productspop.php?pid=715

It was due out in January 2006, though after contacting the G&P webmaster via the contact box I was informed production has been delayed due to technical problems in the making of it (no other info was provided, still it looks like it's due to come out).

All for now, feel free to ask more on the subject if you want.

PS:

Titleist, lovely addition to your jewel. At first sight I thought that was a real FH, lovely ;)

EDIT: Please note, the battery box pictured here is NOT a Prime unit, but a Nitro unit, currently out of stock at WGC:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i..._Battery%20Pack

anpeqs14bl.jpg

anpeqs23wr.jpg

anpeqs31ze.jpg

Edited by Solo

Simpy put, as stated, a set of systema ptw internals can NOT go in anything else but systema ptw bodies.

Solo, looks great, you're still a nut for doing that. How come you decided to move the M951 down to under the RAS rather than the side of it? I'm guessing easier access to the thumb switch?

P.S, thanks Solo, I've got a Magpul trigger guard, and Badger Tac Latch on a RRA cocking handle coming (testing out a hunch that the cocking handles are using real steel dimensions).

Edited by Titleist
Solo, looks great, you're still a nut for doing that. How come you decided to move the M951 down to under the RAS rather than the side of it? I'm guessing easier access to the thumb switch?

P.S, thanks Solo, I've got a Magpul trigger guard, and Badger Tac Latch on a RRA cocking handle coming (testing out a hunch that the cocking handles are using real steel dimensions).

Ciao, grazie ;)

Yes yes, still a nut (but a good one ;) ).

Light has been repositioned just for plain looks. You know I like to change bits every now and then, and a recent real 82nd video I got (it's a DVD called Occupation: Dreamland, the story of an 82nd squad in Falluja, 2004) shows they used this setting. Wanted to give it a try.

Looking forward to seing your new goodies.

well thank you solo for the time spent on that information, u always go above and beyond to show us your amazing things....

well currently i have a Nitro box and i love it, i might try to put a laser from a ICS in there, i heard there is a mod that works....

Ps is that 550 para cord coyote on your M4 strapping the Peq to the KAC ras, looks strait out of iraq...everytime i look i find something else....

Pss....I got the Ta31rco zeroed, its awesome....i dont like the mount though...its starting to raddle....i heard this happends...

what do you suggest, the LaRue Acog mount or ARMS #19s...

thanks solo

mercy

Edited by No Mercy

Yours was a very nice "thank you" statement. Now, thank you.

Keep in mind that I am a very simple dude and the stuff I show you is no invention of mine: simply taken from real images. I tend to study many real pictures (and strive to get them fresh often, looking for changes, alternatives, ... ). I am a good observer ;)

I am glad you mentioned that every time you look you notice something different, that was the concept we talked about several times among us PTWers here, that is, details make a difference (adding up little things here and there, in time).

Basically we noticed that with a PTW it seems to be worth it to add these little things. It may well be worth with just any other replica out there, but I think the result might be different.

That one you noticed is some OD 550 para cord, bought from supplycaptain.com (emmado22 on eGay). It is there for looks and for its original intent, too: prevent the unit from falling off the rail and ending up under my feet or *albatross* in case the rail grabber fails. I can't see how this could possible happen (that rail grabber is pretty sturdy) but eveidently that did happen to them. So on this one it's for copycat & safety purposes combined.

Yes the trouble you're having with the Acog mount is a common one, though supposedly you experience it after a while because of a real M4/M16 recoil and plain usage (it'll move the various parts on the rifles).

Since we do not experience that level of recoil (and nowhere near it), unless you really bang your rifle around (which might well be the case, I do), I suggest you simply go and tighten the mount screws a bit.

If that doesn't work, it might well be the chance for you to choose another mount. I hear (i.e., read) that LaRues are the best ones out there, but an ARMS like the one you suggested (I have one mounted on my TA31F) might go wonderfully just as well.

Take care,

Solo ;)

eBay that is (often called eGay by fellow Americans, got used to it ;) ).

The loosening you are experiencing might optionally be due to your picatinny rail not being milspec (I forget if you mounted that scope on a PTW). If it is a PTW, that is weird. If not, it might be the metal edges of you picatinny being used up by the scope mount grabbers?

Or in the end, just the mount failure itself, obviously. Those are indeed considered cheap ;)

Edited by Solo

no...its not a PTW....its on a HurricanE colt metal body...

wish it was a ptw...but i'm to young and poor to buy anything else... :0

maybe by june ill have a PTW...

hard for a Freshman in Highschool to obtain one...lol

yep i have officially drained my 4 year savings... :)

well thank you for the help solo...

edit... o yeah, solo, i dont use the Nitro box to hold batterys, i have the battery in my prime crane...do you think a laser from a ICS could fit in it? i havent really opened it....maybe you have....i might get around to that today

Edited by No Mercy

Ahh pleasure is all mine my young friend :)

Remember, by no means I intend to push you towards the purchase of a PTW ;)

I think your Hurricane metal body looks (and feels) pretty good.

Also, we all know there are cons in acquiring a PTW (besides the price). I always want to make this clear for all those who visit this thread just out of curiosity or other reasons.

I'd simply hate it if anyone got a different impression (i.e., the PTW leet clan, club, a snobbish bunch o' guys and so on).

Have fun!

EDIT to answer your edit (lol):

haven't tried, don't know yet. I was looking at it a few minutes ago wondering the same exact quesion you just asked.

I think it might work. If not the ICS laser, some others might fit. There are for sale laser pointers meant for presentations or replacement laser pointers you might find at places like Walmart of that Shack thing over there in the US.

Edited by Solo

the most bashing arms mount have got is that the original acog mount only had 1 trow leveler.

This has been improved in lareus design which uses 2.

Arms has as you know come up with a new mount for acog with 2 attachment points also.