Systema PTW pictures

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, could anyone please get a shot of the Cylinder unit (doesn't matter which one, but a MAX one would be prefered..) a shot of the upper receiver when opened (with and without cylinder unit) and a shot of the lower receiver.. i'd like to see that it looks like and how different it is from your normal AEG

-Jager

http://www.zshot.com/download/Technical_Illustrations.pdf

Has diagrams of the gearbox itself farther down in the doc.

http://www.zshot.com/download/Manual_M4.pdf

Actual pics. It is NOTHING like your normal AEG.

All the cylinders look the same except for their color. M90 is black, M110 is blue, M135 is goldish orange, M150 is red.

News_Cylinders.jpg

Your sig says you have a M4A1 PTW MAX...

Did you start celebrating a little early or just can't get it open? =p

and if you don't already have one, it'll cost you more than $1200 to get one. Redwolf has 'em for $1420.

I'll sell you my M4A1 Gen.3 w/M135 cylinder, 9.6v battery, and 1 120rnd mag for $1325 shipped. Brand new, played with twice. Decided an M16A2 would be nicer :)

Edited by DancingCheddar

Ah strangly logical, puts less torque on the gears by having a fairly consistant spring and just venting off excess gas... BRILLIANT...

If I can ever play again and have some $... PTW

Grr... stupid body... breaking..

Alex "Col Sanders"

Edit: My space bar continues to die...

Edited by ColSanders

i have a question for you all, do PTW's really have a 6.1 barrel in them (i don't mean 6.01)....I saw this on some review and heard that the groups were very bad for distances....

I think i also read that the barrels cannot be switched correct?

Has Systema changed this...

hmm...hope this doesn't turn me away from one...

tell me if i'm wrong

mercy~

edit: one more thing...Does the bolt catch really stop the gun from firing?

how many times do you tend to hit it by accident....

does this mean you have to take the mag out and check if there is still bbs in it since that also could be the cause of the rifle to stop firing...that could get annoying right?

Edited by No Mercy
i have a question for you all, do PTW's really have a 6.1 barrel in them (i don't mean 6.01)....I saw this on some review and heard that the groups were very bad for distances....

I think i also read that the barrels cannot be switched correct?

Has Systema changed this...

hmm...hope this doesn't turn me away from one...

tell me if i'm wrong

mercy~

edit: one more thing...Does the bolt catch really stop the gun from firing?

how many times do you tend to hit it by accident....

does this mean you have to take the mag out and check if there is still bbs in it since that also could be the cause of the rifle to stop firing...that could get annoying right?

About the gun locking back. It was designed for LE, not for Airsoft. And you just have to press the bolt-release to be able to fire again. And I don't see a reason why it should lock back with ammo still in the mag.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

EDIT:

Pressing the bolt-release does not lock the bolt, it re-leases it.

Edited by LoneWolf

To answer a few of your questions, I don't think it's really a 6.010 barrel, it is larger than a stock AEG barrel, but the accuracy is still very very good using that barrel. It's also not interchangeable, ie you can't install a tn barrel into the Systema PTW. So no Systema hasn't changed that, I wouldn't let that detract from the gun, I'm anal about accuracy and I still find the PTW to be in the uper echelon's of accuracy from any AEG.

The bolt catch releases the bolt, electronically, there are no moving parts to the bolt catch besides the bolt release button. The PTW magazine will fire every bb except for the last two, ie if you want 30 rounds you load 32. Just like any AEG magazine there will always be a few leftover. On reaching the last shootable round the gun will cease firing, you install a new mag and press the bolt release. Then you can fire again. The only way to dry fire a PTW is to manually hold down the bolt release. Again you can hit it by accident I suppose, but on a loaded mag it won't do anything, on an unload mag it'll dry fire, but you'd have to PURPOSELY hold the button down to dry fire.

Again, if there's BBs in the mag, the gun will always fire. If there's no bbs, it won't fire, so there's nothing annoying about it. Make sense?

Edited by Titleist

i would get the challenge kit when i find one grrr. but i want the trades...i dont know i really like them....now i need 500 more for the gen 3...not the max....500fps is useless for feild limits around here

i wish i could find a trademarked ptw for $800 grrr....

mercy