Systema PTW pictures

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh Money isnt an issue for me, I have an awesome job so ;)

Im thinkin about picking up two Systema PTW's

anyway I just order the PTW that has the burst, next week I'll take some pictures when i order an M5, god I am insane :)

Edited by Faint

You may have a lot of money but switching out front ends especially RAS's are not exactly quick processes, so getting two front ends for one gun may not impact you financially a lot, but it's just fairly stupid to begin with.

I'd say M5 and call it done.

Umm, he edited his post to say TWO ptws, his original post said he "was thinking of picking up two". He never said two of what, thus without his correction he made it sound like he wanted two rail systems for one gun.

Which is why I said that was silly.

Umm, he edited his post to say TWO ptws, his original post said he "was thinking of picking up two". He never said two of what, thus without his correction he made it sound like he wanted two rail systems for one gun.

Which is why I said that was silly.

Sorry then.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

yea I am gonna go get two of em

the a3 and then the m4 one

Good. You mentioned you will get the one that has the burst, remember that one would be an A2.

A3 is full auto. Both an A2 and an A3 will fit perfectly an M5 KAC, though I have mostly seen it on A3-style rifles (i.e., detachanle carry handle).

If you were to reproduce faithfully a Marine's A4, you should (theoretically) have a burst fire and a detachable carry handle. The best (lloks-wise) compromise would be the A3 (you could always trigger the burst yourself, or close to it.

Just food for thought.

Edited by Solo
yea I am gonna go get two of em

Welcome to the mid-cap magazine club!!! Unless you want to stay with the 80-BB magazines... :)

Regarding the A2 lower receiver with the A3 top, didn't Skandarn just received a PTW in that exact setup??? Skandarn's A2

Edited by duckares

On a systema gun the only markings are the fire select and systema logo, which is OBVIOUSLY not what the real one says. I don't think you're going to have an incompatibility on markings, dude. Unmarked upper with the proper A2 lower and you're set.

You can get 80 and 30 rnd mags, however you'll have to get them from Systema direct as far as I know.

Check out RedWolf, they have the 80rounders, so do UN Co.

No Mercy: sounds interesting, but it won't be a PTW if it used "standard" mags, now would it?

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

isnt there a systema with standard M5 comming out with a $1800 price tag...

also i heard there will be a sr16 type with Ras II on it

mercy

As far as I know, that's untrue. You're better off just buying the gun and getting the RAS yourself. Sourcing RAS's in Japan is harder and will therefore make the MSRP far higher than just buying the gun and RAS yourself.

isnt there a systema with standard M5 comming out with a $1800 price tag...

also i heard there will be a sr16 type with Ras II on it

mercy

If the KAC RAS is standard on a PTW, then how many of us will immediately swap-out the RAS for a more "unique" & "personally-customized" modular rail fore-end??? :D

Perhaps Systema can offer the PTW without the plastic fore-ends, front sight base, delta ring, & flash-hider (with a slight discount)... :)

Edited by duckares