A Psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality

FUmiYAsu

while searching on the internet for Anti-"anti-gun" groups I found this article..Although this is more to do with firearms and the right to carry guns, I think this is quite interesting and definitely gives us more to say when challenged by ant-gun people...

http://www.jpfo.org/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm

Its got nothing to do with airsoft really, its just pro-gun propaganda saying that if everyone had a gun there would be no crime, that obviously rubbish given gun owning countries murder rates compared to non-gun owning nations such as the uk. At the end of a day your normal citizen (i would think) is not happy to shoot somebody dead while a criminal may not have such reservation about pulling a trigger. So the criminal wins.

People don't need guns, but wether they should be allowed to own them if they are law abiding citizens if a different matter. I think they should. But i have no power in the matter.

Its got nothing to do with airsoft really, its just pro-gun propaganda saying that if everyone had a gun there would be no crime, that obviously rubbish given gun owning countries murder rates compared to non-gun owning nations such as the uk. At the end of a day your normal citizen (i would think) is not happy to shoot somebody dead while a criminal may not have such reservation about pulling a trigger. So the criminal wins.

People don't need guns, but wether they should be allowed to own them if they are law abiding citizens if a different matter. I think they should. But i have no power in the matter.

Hence I posted it in the off-topic section and said it's to do with firearms. I do think that not all of it is entirely true but I think the bits about why an anti-gun people hates gun is good..

ie:

Defense mechanisms are also frequently combined, so that an anti-gun person may use several defense mechanisms simultaneously. For example, my unfortunate correspondent uses projection to create a world in which all his neighbors want to murder him. As a result, he becomes more angry and fearful, and needs to employ even more defense mechanisms to cope. So he uses projection to attribute his own rage to others, he uses denial that there is any danger to protect himself from a world where he believes he is helpless and everyone wants to murder him, and he uses reaction formation to try to control everyone else's life because his own is so horribly out of control.

sounds a lot like the leader of MAG to me...

also the bit about Communicating with anti-gun people is sort of useful in a way in our struggle against the VCR...

Another example might be, "Why do you think that your children's schoolteachers would shoot them?" You might follow this up with something like, "Why do you entrust your precious children to someone you believe would murder them?" Again, you are merely asking questions, and not directly attacking the person or his defenses.

Of course the anti-gun person might continue to insist that the teachers really would harm children, but prohibiting them from owning guns would prevent it. So you might ask how using a gun to murder innocent children is different from stabbing children with scissors, assaulting them with baseball bats, or poisoning the milk and cookies.

The last sentence was unintentionally hilarious, I'm sure :D

Archived