My bad - I assumed people wouldn't be lazy and would simply search for the previous posts on the topic.

Then I remembered this is Arnies. :P

So yes, the server is acessible through any decent IRC client on irc.darkmyst.org, channel #airsoft. Thanks Tink. :)

Edited by Marlowe

I'll see if I can get hold of Marcus (he runs the server for irc) and let him know. I should have login details for it somewhere....

Darn it I need a secretary to tidy up my files (paper and data).

Edit: Okay found the details for it, the server isn't responding so I can't get in to see what's up. I'd guess the server itself is currently off, crashed, physicaly disconnected or some such as it's not responding in any way.

I'll see if I can raise Marcus to let him know. He was last in on the 11th.

If there's no luck I can change the forwarder for the channel to the one you guys are currently using.

Hehe :P Theres probably no need to change the forwarder, at least not yet, the one we're on just now has a few advantages and dissadvantages compared to the dedicated arnies server, the first and foremost being that as its a network not a single server, that works both for and against us in that users should be connected to there nearest(geographicly) possible server and any crashes would only disconect a few users untill the client they use finds another sutable server to work from, but there are a lot more users connected to darkmyst than just the relativly low number of folk in #airsoft ,this means that common nicknames such as Dave and even Gene are already taken and registered by other users, on Marcus' server the user would be allowed to use the nick untill such time as the person who registered it connects , on darmyst they can only use it for 60 seconds.

Edited by cazboab

The chat applet has been updated on to direct to darkmyst at the moment. Whoever's helping keep that room running drop me a line with a list of mods for it so that I can stick up a dedicated section here in the forums for IRC. That way there's a dedicated mod team, relevant pages on here and a documented area for mods to stick rules. ;)

What sort of error message does it give?

If you run MS java(not sun thougheven though its the real java <_<) you should be able to use the java app on www.darkmyst.org

yeah when i try to get on dark mist it says either access denied or get told that there is no such channel and the same with the web ap you put up cazboab

• 1 year later...

Its not broke it just ain't workin' like it should atm.

Update: apparently there's been a big storm were the xombo website(and its DNS gubbins) was hosted, the irc server is a seperate entity to the website hence its still semi-operational

Edited by cazboab
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right, we've all had quite enough of the regular downtimes, so after taking it to the vote, we're moving to Quakenet, one of the most popular and reliable server networks. The FAQ has been updated with the appropriate details, so please refer to that for information on how to connect.

Users using the Java applet: Arnie has redirected the client. The hostmask irc.arniesairsoft.co.uk should redirect automatically within 24 hours.

Let's hope this is the last time we need one of these threads!