HFC M190 Mag Seals

Zero_DgZ

Stop press: This isn't a "how do I fix this?" thread.

Rather, it's a "how I fixed it" thread. Bear with me, since I didn't have my camera handy when I did this so it's no photos for you.

Comprising the floorplate of the HFC M190's magazine (and lots of other guns probably use the same design) there's a big metal block with the fill valve in it. It's got a seal wrapped around and is held in with two pins.

A friend of mine complained about his mag leaking something fierce - Near as he could tell, out the floorplate. Verily did I pop those pins out and discover that his floorplate seal (magazine seal, bumper seal, whatever you want to call it) was all torn up for reasons unknown.

The meat of the matter is that I haven't been able to find any replacement seals for these things, but fret not! A regular old 1/8" O ring - About an Industry #16, I believe - Was just what the doctor ordered to plug that bugger up. The O ring is round but it doesn't take much stretching over the lip of that floorplate block to make it fit like a glove.

Note to enterprising airsmiths: Replace the follower and spring before reinstalling the floorplate block and its pins, or you will be annoyed.

Not that I'd know.

Archived