New members introduce yourselves here!

Ghost_Rider

'Hi everyone, My name is Ghost_Rider. I've been airsofting since Janurary 2004, but I'm new here! Hi everyone. :D

I have lots of toys (check my profile) and I play regularly at Section 8 in glasgow. I occasionally also play at Lightfighter and Electrowerkz when I have the time."

Recently, I've noticed a load of new members, which is great. However, were also getting a bunch of threads where people introdouce themselves. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm thinking it might be easier if we all did it in one place - namely, here.

So, new members, should you feel it necessary, come on this post and tell us all about yourself - what you like, do you play, what your favorite gun is and why. Go on, it would be rude not to...;)

Be as open as you like.

Can I also request that regulars avoid spamming this thread? Feel free to put in a quick intro if you want though.

Cheers.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, my name is Fusion and I've had a serious intrest in Airsoft since 2002, but never had a big enough wallet to support my desire. Hence I've only just got my first proper airsoft weapon (ICS MP5A5). I havn't been to a skirmish yet because I can't figure out what to do about transport, although SWAT Airsoft is close to me (20km or so) I can't figure out how to get there. BTW, can anyone recommend that skirmish site? Because I've been lurking around their forums and I've seen more activity in a cemetery after hours.

So, hi.

I'm Dave. I'm 32, ex-USMC, and now almost done with college as a Computer Information Systems major. I'm married, and have two greyhound dogs. I'm on the board of directors of the Mohawk Valley Gaming Club in Utica, NY (www.mvgc.net), and a founding member of same. There's the cocktail napkin bio.

Anyway, I'm coming to airsoft from a rather improbable route: live action roleplaying. To cut a very long story short, my LARP group had been discussing the idea of running a sci-fi/post-apocalyptic game with paintball guns. I'm biased against painball (the damn things don't LOOK or FEEL like guns, and paying for balls and air all the time wasn't appealing) so a few of us started checking out airsoft. This past Halloween, the wife wanted to be Dana Scully from the X-Files, so we got her a KHC Sig spring pistol and a shoulder holster rig at a local sporting goods store. Naturally, after Halloween I appropriated the pistol and brought it to our game club, where we proceeded to blast many soda cans. This led to others getting spring guns, or cheap AEGs, and after a few short indoor skirmishes (mostly a few of us blasting at each other from ranges of 20 feet with spring pistols or $35 AEGs), we've decided it's fun enough to jump in whole hog.

We have access to 110 acres of private woodlands here in Central New York State with overgrown roads and a couple ponds. We've come up with some simple rules for team vs. team or CTF play, with some ideas in them that will make the game accessible to our younger, broker members (adding a medic and engineer class, and limiting weapon load-out by class), and we're going to start playing in May or June. There's a short thread about it here: http://mvgc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2761 on our forums.

In the meantime, we're all reading and researching frantically, trying to decide on guns and gear. I have some very definate personal ideas about both, but we have all kinds of members, so we want to give everyone as much info as we can. The only purchases that have been made so far are a couple UHC shotguns and a UHC MP5A4A5 gun, which I'm gonna shoot tonight. It seems to be a good, economical AEG choice.

Man, this looks like fun though. I got the bug, and I haven't even skirmished yet. I'm digging through my seabag for old LBE stuff, polishing the black speedlace boots, and *cough* buying new cammies because I've lost the slim girlish figure I had as a Sergeant of Marines...

There's a TON of information here. Thanks to Arnie and your admin/mod crew for keeping this site up. It's a gem.

EDIT: Heh, look at all the euro IP addys looking at our noob rules. :) Any suggestions are welcome!

Yoho people,

My name is KierO and was only introduced to Airsoft about three weeks ago by Basho.

I'm 22, live just outside of London, and as of yet have VERY LITTLE KIT.

However I am looking at getting a G36C, like a AEG that I can use in CQC!

But.......Last night was my first night at Electroworkz. And I bleeding well loved it! If I can make one recommendation to other newbs, get stuck in, be confident, go in for room clerances and silly desperate runs. It's all good fun.

With Christmas just around the corner I will only go one more time, and can't afford an AEG yet, but you just wait until the new year!!

-Watch this space.

Hi Im Cpt Rossco

Thought i would say hello :D

i have just recently bought my forst airsoft AEG a lovely ICS MP5A4 ;) , i also have a TM desert eagle Hard kick and a KSC Glock G18C.

i have not been skirmishing as of yet but would like to go in the near future.

I also am looking into getting a sniper rifle but have no idea which ones are good, so if anyone out there knows or could advise me of any decent ones please feel free to contact me.

Thanks

Hi there, i'm Andy (aka. Janno), and though i've been airsofting for the past 2-and-a-half years, i'm new to these boards.

Along with Simon, i run Firefight London (aka. Elektrowerks) every Tuesday evening down in Angel, London. I am also the 2iC of Firefight DarkAngel, and have just opened a martial arts club down in Vernon Square, next to Kings Cross Thameslink station (just off Pentonville Road.

Airsoft-wise, i have many different loadouts, being proudest of my authentic SO19 loadout. I also own a lot of very gucci equipment - thanks mainly to the perks/discounts i get through my contacts and teammates ;)

Janno as an organiser

Working for Firefight, i get to organise a number of things, not just company related, but for individuals too. These include running corporate days, other Firefight sites, inventing game scenarios, organising away days to other sites, organising CQB training sessions (with fully qualified, and currently active, instructors), helping new teams set up, and giving advice/sourcing equipment for newbies. It's time-consuming, but rewarding - particularly when you see someone who's never been to Elektrowerks on the verge of collapse after experiencing a massive adrenaline-dump ;) It's also made much less stressful by my intrepid team of marshals - Chong, Mark, and Nick - cheers guys! :D

Janno as a DarkAngel

Firefight DarkAngel has been around for about one-and-a-half years now, and has a large and very active membership. The number of members has always been around the 40-60 mark, with regular checkups made to see who's still active, and who needs to be removed from the roster. The team itself has very few requirements: Dress in black; wear a badge; be over 18; bring something to the team. As such, we have a very diverse team (law enforcement personnel, students, martial arts instructors, a teacher, forces and ex-forces personnel, bankers, consultants, a paramedic, IT personnel, accountants, builders, door supervisors, to name but a few). The DarkAngels will only stay together as a group during away-trips, and it is team policy (and has been for the past 15 months) to split up amongst newbies and other players on the home site, in order for there to be a fair skill-balance, and to be on-hand to help out. We also welcome other teams, players, and newbies to join us in away trips and training courses.

Janno as a martial artist

I've trained in many different martial arts over the years, and am probably most influenced by the training i have done with Kevin O'Hagan (Combat Jiu-Jitsu, Bristol), and, more recently, Damien Alexander (Filipino Kali, London). My current training is both weapons, and non-weapons based (in jiujitsu and kali), and 6 weeks ago, i started up a new club in London, hiring Damien Alexander as the head instructor (which he did as a big favour to me, since he's getting paid a lot less than his normal rate - THANKS D!!):

Monday evenings

Vernon Square (1 minute's walk from Kings Cross Thameslink station)

1st session: 5-7pm

2nd sesson: 7-9pm

What to expect: NO AEROBIC WARMUP (you can train in jeans and T-shirt), and plenty of weapons-based training. There'll also be a lot of newbies, since Kali is something that not a lot of people have experience in ;)

What you'll learn: Single stick, double stick, stick and dagger, single dagger, double dagger, open hands. Locks, weapon strips, disarms, strikes, combinations, siniwali patterns/co-ordination drills, footwork drills, with all of the above.

Cost: £5 per session.

If interested, call me on 07973240177 :D

Janno's vices

I don't drink, and have never smoked or taken recreational drugs (intentionally) in my life. However, i do have a weakness for oriental chicks, and, of course, cake :D

Anyways, that's about all there is to know about me - gimme a shout next time you're down at Elektrowerks, and we'll grab a pint together (mine's a coke, please ;)).

hi, I'm Skorn:

I live in the South East, and have only skirmished once. I am 16, don't smoke, drink, or generally have much fun as other people would call it. Call me a nerd, but most people generally don't think of me like that (Even though I do Computer Science A level and I play far to many PC games:) ) I am looking to get into the scene before the ban, and so need to get kit fast. I love paintball (don't hate me :P), airsoft and pc gaming. I go to boarding school during the week, so i spend my whole day spamming forums. Looking for all knowledge possible so I can help people out despite my lack of experience... all in all... Arnie's rules :)

Hi,

i'm delta75, i live in the north london area (near camden), i'm realatively new to airsoft and havent yet skirmished, i have no gear accept for a saav but plan to get a marui socom and loads of mags (to use as my main weapon) and some blckhawk gear soon.

i dont get to use the forums really because i dont have internet access at home and rarely have time to use the internet cafe, i'm with team spearhead under the command of user Hvygear and we plan to go skirmishing early next year... lots of time for practise then :D .

Hi all, River Ghost 6 here.I think that I made a mistake getting this far into airsoft,as I am liking to much of what I am seeing.

Just got into airsoft today.I needed something to scare some varmets away with out causing any serious damage to them,so I decided on the airsoft.I hope it doesn't do any serious damage as its not my intention..As one thing led to another, here I am.But I can see that I will have to find other members of my community to wage a war with,airsoft style. :D

I can' believe all the guns and accessories they have made for the sport,more than my bank account should know about . :)

I am 47yo male ,married with a daughter going off to college next fall.I live in the USA on Cape Cod in the State of Massachusetts.

Looks like a very nice forum you have here Arnie, and thanks for the invite. :)

Hi, I'm shao14, but as far as I know there's no other shao on this forum, so there wouldn't be any confusions if you just call me shao. :)

I have found the SEARCH button linked on the very top of the page.

I have read the RULES and GUIDELINES also linked on the very top of the page AND the ones in the classified (sale/trade) section.

I know the sig image size rule is 400x100.

I know how to use the EDIT button to avoid double post.

I also know to be friendly and post in good English with the help of the spell checker.

I have visited the Gallery.

I have also found the old review section and the new review database and the Reader's Review section of the forum that collectively contain more than I can read information.

I'd also like to say this is such a great site with practically all the airsoft information I need, and I'm glad to finally be part of it. Keep up the good work, guys. :)

Howdy, I am new to this sport. I am part of a small group of Active duty miltary guys in CT in the US. I guess my name would be foxhound_01. Well introductions aside I have a question. I seem to run into alot of the Airsofters on the boards in New England to be some what well RUDE to new guys and very elitish. Is this common in this sport?

foxhound_01

Hi, I'm shao14, but as far as I know there's no other shao on this forum, so there wouldn't be any confusions if you just call me shao. :)  

O rly http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...p?showuser=5204

j/k

Anyways, Im DrewLawson, have been on this board a while, live in Tennessee, and airsoft most weekends.

Howdy, I am new to this sport. I am part of a small group of Active duty miltary guys in CT in the US. I guess my name would be foxhound_01.  Well introductions aside I have a question. I seem to run into alot of the Airsofters on the boards in New England to be some what well RUDE to new guys and very elitish. Is this common in this sport?

foxhound_01

We're very welcoming on this baord to new people - I mean come on, we have this very thread as part of the welcome package.

So long as you use the search button and treat everyone with respect, you'll get on just fine here.

In game, I don't think I've ever encountered anyone who I actively dislike.

Why hello there!

My name is Dennis, but you may call me Systema. I do not work with Systema, own a Systema PTW, and only occasionally use Systema products. However, you may still call me Systema if you like.

You may also call me Brambles (call name), short for BrambleBlast. Rarely anyone does because no one knows of this information. Hopefully my title and signiture may slowly spread this.

I've owned several replicas, mostly TM Springers and AEGs. Current on the rack is a TM CAR-15, TM MP5k SIR, TM AK-47s, CA M15A4 RIS w/ Madbull XM203L Launcher, and also a JAC MP5A4. You can find pictures of these weapons here.

Nice to meet you all, fellow Arnie's members!

Howdy, I am new to this sport. I am part of a small group of Active duty miltary guys in CT in the US. I guess my name would be foxhound_01.  Well introductions aside I have a question. I seem to run into alot of the Airsofters on the boards in New England to be some what well RUDE to new guys and very elitish. Is this common in this sport?

foxhound_01

To answer your question, no, that is not common in this sport, but it may be common to the particular group of people you were talking to. Most people here are friendly and helpful, and most people I play are also nice and laid back (hehe, they may look intimidating in the pictures they post with their decked out rifles. :P)

Hey all. I'm pretty much ready to start some actual skirmishing and stuff (a whole year of only spring pistols...). Christmas makes a prime to pick up some gear without spending only my money. :P I'm really more of a techie kind of guy (electronics mostly) and prefer to spend time tinkering than running at full tilt in a heavily forested area, but I enjoy it none the less. I'm also a huge gun fanatic (I like the word "enthusiast" better :D ) so naturally trying out airsofting was a no-brainer. Hopefully I can learn much from everyone here at Arnies. :)

To answer your question, no, that is not common in this sport, but it may be common to the particular group of people you were talking to.  Most people here are friendly and helpful, and most people I play are also nice and laid back (hehe, they may look intimidating in the pictures they post with their decked out rifles. :P)

Well that is good to know, it seems that the little experience I have had with Airsoft has been fairly negative. It was beginning to turn me off somewhat. IT was really dissapointing too. I was all psyched and thought man this looks like alot of fun, got my a nice AEG and already had some of the gear from my day job, start trying to get the feel for it and wham! get shut down and treated rude and like hey we don't want any new people around here and if your not one of our boys...well we don't want you. Hopefully I can get to a skirmish soon and actually play the sport instead of running react drills with my other MP buddies. While that is fun it's not quite skirmishing.

hey , i'm nick , i'm form newcastle and i've just like in the past two months become seriously interested airsoft because i am a piantball marshall i have been doing that for quite a while and i feel paintball lacks the realism so i decided to move to airsoft.

i haven't yet got a gun but i've been eyeing up an MP5 for my first gun and a glock 23F. its the same old problem with me ,, the lack of money haha , but i'm getting a new job soon and should be able to pay for it (yey ha)

i haven't yet skirmished , probs cos theres no sites near me ? or so i think haha

if there is any let me know ,

laters , nick .

Hi people, my name is João (john), i´m from Portugal and mostly from a few months ago i started collecting guns, Gbb´s.

Hope to learn some more about airsoft, thanks for everyone!

PS i hope my english is not so rusty too! :Zzz:

i haven't yet skirmished , probs cos theres no sites near me ? or so i think haha

Here are two useful links for you, and anyone else who wants to see if there are any airsoft sites / shops near to where they live:

First airsoft map

Second airsoft map

Oh, and im HappyHunter. I am pretty new to airsoft, i went to my first skirmish at SWAT airsoft about a month ago, and i cant wait for the next one :D. I used to play paintball every few months, but when i found out about airsoft it appealed to me more for numerous reasons. At the moment i only have a springer desert eagle, however im hoping to get an AEG in the near future :).

Hi I'm Dave,

Im a newly demoted to househusband, currently stuck in China, on day 90ish of a 2 year tour. Waiting to get outa this country and counting down to next summer, when I can get out and play again.Imagine that. almost 6 months of looking around for kit, and not being able to play.

Airsoft is pretty much an underground scene here, you can buy the guns, just not use them. More to follow......

Archived