New members introduce yourselves here!

Ghost_Rider

hi every1 im anth i started airsofting very recently but have had rubish airsoft guns since a very early age and i must say ia am fasinated at how big the sport is and how serious every1 takes it, and i am proud to say i am 1 of you people.

i think it is a fantastic sport and it must grow :D

thanks for reading. anth

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While my first introduction was well....none existance i just felt left out

Hi my name is spedz, I'm 18 I live in a millers/miners town of the county borders of cheshire (in cheshire) lancashire (down the road) and Greater manchester (again down another road)

I love to do airsoft but unfortuntly fate always seems to have that bitter taste of irony and wethenever I have enough money scrapped to buy any thing airsoft related some ###### itself up the wall and i'm the one who has to pay for it basically. Hopfully I'll be getting two we dragons and a famas for christmas otherwise I'll be one seriously un happy little bunny. I have a short memory which coincidently makes me have a bit of a spontanious personality I'm also deemed as 'eccentric' and to some as 'loveable' and ummmmm bolox i need more drink ¬¬'

Hello all I, I mean me is smarter... I like airsoft, and shooting, and playing, and winning,and rotting.....in my cellar. My name...is Bazuuzies and I am from The Netherlands. My murderous tool of choice is an mp5k and I shoot it and massacre with it like Ertu. I invite all to come play with me at my home in The Netherlands and I will win for I am smarter than Ertu. My album of choice is Inhuman Rampage from Dragonforce.

Sup?

My name is Aidan Lambert, I live in Greenfield , New York. I am almost 14, yet I am completely obsessed with airsoft; i live it (i only say live, because eating and breathing small plastic bbs, no matter how biodegradeable, sounds nasty).

I own a Tokyo Marui P90-tr, a KWC M92f springer, and soon to be, a TM G3-SG1. I skirmish whenever possible (there is no field within 2 hrs of where i live).

I'm still learning the nuances of the sport, and Arnies is a goldmine of informatio. I spend so much time on it, i know many airsoft websites like the back of my hand.

If anyone who might be in my area sees this, feel free to pm me, I would like to experiance something more than the 3 on 3 games my friends and I have.

How's it goin in this piece? I've been on Arnie's for a while but I thought I may just go ahead and introduce myself. ;)

My name is Andrew, I've been airsofting since 2004, of course with crappy springers until i got my Classic Army M15A4 SPC w/LE tac stock, 400fps, few mags, aimpoint, peq light and my newly addded Glock 18c with two mags. I'm 14, I live in Cupertino, California....i got into airsoft for the military simulation, my love for guns, and the joy of playing this sport. Before I came into airsoft I was in love with the military, I always had camo and vests and all that, and played with those little sound maker guns...those were neat. Now i'm into a sport where it's almost real so this is my beloved sport I so lovingly adore and respect all of its aspects.

Hey guys This is littleguy08, as you can see. I'm 14 years old and have been into airsoft since i was 12, i started with the trusty ol dpms a-15. Nice gun, Well, until it broke. Anyways, i used to play paintball, which i found was extremely expensive. A tad too expensive for someone who happends to do raking and lawn mowing for making money. I now do not own a gun, but will soon.(probably a few) well actually i have one of those goofy little mini electrics.

I am also on the golf team here in(arlington) Texas, and i also ride motocross.

I am currently debating whether to get the ics mp5 a4, or the TM.

I don't exactly go play at fields or anything yet, and I'm not quite sure if there are any around here. Our family owns 5 acres w/ trees , but there is also a side lot (probably a good ehh 1/3 of an acre) next to our house ;which is complete with trees and such, great for a skirmish with 3 or 5 friends.

I've probably told a bit too much, oh well.

See ya around.

So Holly (theoneandonlyholly) asked me to join and check things out so I did... Anyway, my introduction. :)

Hi, I'm Melody. My husband and I just recently bought our first airsoft guns. I picked up a KWA M9 and he got the HFC HG-195 (Desert Eagle) GBBs, primarily as plinkers since the city/county/state kind of frown on real firearms fire within city limits. :P

I'm personally into guns (I grew up in Texas what can I say) . The only real steel I currently own is a S&W model 910 DA/SA 10+1 (9mm). I'm a past member of the NRA and I've shot various other forms of real weaponry.

Other things that could remotely be of interest to airsofters about are I'm an Amateur (Ham) Radio Operator -- Extra class which means that (yes) I can solder ;) I can, if need be, design a radio from scratch. Plus, I understand electrical systems. I've worked net control for ham communication relaying disaster emergency (mock) information. I also have extensive knowledge of battery systems though I am no guru.

I'm also a past member of my city's ERT (Emergency Response Team). I'm trained in CPR, First Aid and certified to use the AED. I've also been trained in light search and rescue and in damage assessment. I've also been a member of my (past) company's ERT and on its board and have made communication equipment recommendations.

As mentioned above I shoot real steel. I'm also an archer, have been involved in various martial arts (tae kwon do, hapkido, jujitsu, and aikido - though I'm not practicing at the moment). I'm a cyclist and don't normally drive (especially since work is only 1.5 miles away). Besides, my truck needs a new engine :P

My husband and I also race cars, specifically in this case, we rally (WRC/Performance Rally) a Subaru WRX, which is in pieces at our sponsor's shop.

hrm. I guess that's it other than the fact I have two step-daughters. :)

Mel

I'm Nathan, a 13-year old Filipino-American who has just recently got into Airsoft. My online alias is FullMetal Xero (FullMetal is from the anime series FullMetal Alchemist, Xero has been a part of about half of my past online names). I live in California's east bay area. Currently in the 8th grade. I got two loving (sorta) parents, an older bro and sis, and a poop-factory of a dog.

I've known about Airsoft for a couple of years, but didn't really pay much attention to it until just recently. I don't know what really got me into Airsoft, but most likely it was those first-person shooting games, specifically Halo, lmao. What really triggered me to want to but Airsoft was when I wad playing around with a staple gun and shot it like a moron. After I ran out of staples I thought to myself "I should just buy an Airsoft gun instead of wasting staples...."

On my birthday, September 20, of this year, I bought a UTG M870 shotgun from Gamepod Combat Airsoft that is just a few miles away from where I live. The day after, I convinced my dad to buy me a springer P226 with a clear body from a sporting goods store. I had a lot of fun with them until the internals of my M870 snapped while cocking it and I lost my P226 somewhere in my house.

When I remembered Christmas was coming, I devoted more than 72 hours total researching which would be the perfect AEG for me. This site has made a big contribution to my research. I still haven't come to a definite conclusion, but the ICS MP5 and CA G36C are currently racing for the lead. I am not able to get an AEG in time for Christmas because it's kinda today. :/ Hopefully I can get one in January.

Now that I'm into Airsoft, I've developed a bit of an unhealthy gun obsession. Whenever I see a gun I know I yell to my bro and sis/parents "HOLY ###### THAT'S A -insert gun name here-!" My parents are kinda worried I'm getting "violent" but it's just a funny little habit I got into.

hello all,

Hope all had a Good Xmas and will have a good new year.

I'm new, and hope to contribute soon (after the initial Q's)

Firstly a little about myself:

I'm 22, from the UK and i have been to 1 main airsoft game and had a fe in the garden with some cheap (and i mean cheap) AEG's and I ABSOLUTELY LovE IT!!!!!!

By trade I'm a comp tech in training (MCSE, CCNA Network+ A+ and the rest so may be of some help there tongue.gif:P) but inital i was in the aircraft traid as an airframe fitter.

i have done a lot of Airgun shooting/pest control in my time and this will probs have an influence on my role in airsoft (Sniper:P).

both me and my bro are looking to goinig into airsoft with the clan name of COTSC. (also CS: S name)

i like keeping fish (tropical and rare/strange ones , name a couple: the Black Ghost Knife Edge and African Butterfly).

regards darv

Hello, I'm James.

I'm 18 years old and live in SoCal. I've been interested (well, obsessed is more accurate) with airsoft for the past 5 years but have only recently been able to get into airsoft due to parental issues. I took a roundabout path by "desensitizing" my parents by playing paintball. :P Then, just when they thought I had forgotten all about airsoft, I brought it up again. And this time I wanted and AEG. After long negotiations, I am now the happy owner of a TM Styer AUG. Of course, I had to buy it myself, (on my birthday no less), but the battle was won.

It seems they've had a change of heart, however in the month between my birthday and Christmas, because under that tree was a Leapers Golden Image rds (the real deal! Yay!), shooter 2 gloves, a new battery and a Blackhawk hydrastorm system. Muaw ah ha.

Anyway, I'm also one of those few people who play airsoft and still tolerate and even enjoy paintball. :o I still play, from time to time at Camp Pendleton or SC Village. Pendleton rocks, btw (not that any of you are socal pballers though)

I've been a forum lurker for quite some time now so I thought it was time to introduce myself properly and start posting. Of course I may returning to my natural state of lurking after this. ;)

I'm hoping to go to my first real skirmish tommorrow or thursday if I can find a good local playing field OTHER than Holywood sports. (overpriced, good props/ background but way to expensive.)

My previous skirmish experience involves cqb with a motly assortment of spring pistols and a g36c springer, an ics mp5-sd5, and and TM G3SG-1, both running at about forum limits fps wise. Yeah, that thing was a real beast to use inside of 30 feet... I quickly switched back to the mp5 as soon as possible :rolleyes:

Edit: I forgot to mention that after watching Equilibrium last week I now intensely wish to use double gbb's in cqb. :D If you haven't seen that movie yet, you should rent it, because its unbelievably awesome.

Edit: I forgot to mention that after watching Equilibrium last week I now intensely wish to use double gbb's in cqb. :D  If you haven't seen that movie yet, you should rent it, because its unbelievably awesome.

I love that film too, so much so in fact that I bought a copy, besides the fact that I can't watch it around the Mrs....

Hey, i'm Kurt. I live in St. Louis Missouri in the US. i'm 21 years old. I've been hardcore into paintball for about 10 years but i haven't played for the last couple years. Owned all the best players in St. Louis with a stock class phantom for a couple years to try and keep things fresh, but I got tired of the lack of comradarie and the increasing focus on technology and badmouthing.

Researching around for a good marker ;) as of now and going to give airsoft a go as soon as i can in hopes of finding tactically minded individuals who are friendly and not egotistical which was too often the case in paintball. Plus the concept of close range urban combat without the mess of paintballs sounds fun as heck. :) Other things i think sound better are the realistic look of the weapons, less encumbersome equipment, and better range and accuracy of the guns (i'm hoping, not entirely sure).

Hello, my name is Azmodia and I have been airsofting since January 2003.

I always do my research before buying thing and can't stop because it is so addictive. I own several AEG's, GBB, and spring pistols. I hate buying gear and parts for my guns from the internet, only because it kills me to have to wait "forever" for my suff to come in, otherwise it gives me a chance to see a varity of guns and accesories.

I love to take apart things and put them back togther and learning how these magnificant guns work. This sport is so addictive that I almost convince my whloe neighborhood to participate.

I love airsofting and I hope you do too!

hello to one and all,

i have taken the name of tacticalchef, mainly as i am totally nuts about airsoft and purely by chance i am a chef(sins in a past life im sure of that)

although i have posted a few topics on here i am still finding my feet, although one thing i have learnt is to not mention the "famas" as you just get ridiculed or bullied into accepting that armalites are better, which i will never do lol:)

i am mainly skirmishing in woodland just outside of my home town and so far have found the bunch of fellow enthusiasts very friendly and ready to help with advice at a moments notice. like someone said we were all noobs once

hope to chat with one and all some day

laters

tac chef

Hi all

I would like to start Airsoft .I am based in Cambidge, UK I would like as much info as possible about starting off in the sport.If anyone could help I would appreciate it .

Thanks a lot

Your best option is to read through the forums, especially the stickied topics at the top of each forum. If you have any more questions after that, then you can post topics. If i was you, i'd also take a look at this and this, both of which are maps showing local skirmish sites, and shops. As i mentioned earlier, you can ask everyone on this forum questions, we're here to help, as long as you have searched before you post a question, by using the Search button, located at the top. Welcome to the forums and airsoft :)

Hey guys

I am Prowlerguy, an active duty member in the United States Navy, currently wrapping up 2 tours to the Persian gulf. I found airsoft by accident, as kind of a way to release some tension after work. I haven't properly skirmished, as of yet, but have played a few pick up games with buddies. I am looking for some suggestions for a good CQ gun and for a good "sniper" rifle. any suggestions, would be very helpful... oh by the way, due to military pay, I can't afford the oober expensive TM or CA guns. so if you have suggestions or are selling anything that shoots hard fast and won't break let me know!

Thanks....

Hey,

Im Matt, But go by either Phreak or Phreakshow.

Ive been into Airsoft since early 2005, but all i had was a pistol, and just recently found out that there were some places in scotland for airsoft, Im Hopefully going to get either a sniper or AEG Assault rifle, no idea yet. Im Still A Student, and i skate, ive done paintball a few times, but i belive that airsoft will be different, which i am hoping it is!

Well i hope i enjoy my stay and make a few pals ere,

Thanks Guys n Gurlz

Matt

Hi everyone

Im another Matt as well so to save on confusion just call me Ballboy (second names Ball and am a boy, well last time a checked anyway)

I started Keele University last September and on fresher’s fair saw the Airsoft society. Now I have always been a bit of a gun nut and have a number of blank firer’s, and started to play paint ball because I was looking for a more realistic war game above Quazar.... hay its serious fun with a laser gun. Well after 2 years with paintball i was yearning for more realism and when I first heard about airsoft I was hooked.

I went to my first Airsoft supplier on 30th Dec and it was like Santa’s grotto and ended up leaving with my first peace of kit, a USPC that a love to bits.

So anyhooo, ill be making great uses of the search function, party due to the fact the instruction manual is in Japanese or something like that, and I have so many questions like how do I fill it with gas, what’s the best primary for a noobie ect ect ect

Hope to speak to ya’s on IRC some time

Ballboy

hi im andy or sharpeshooter whatever im good

i got like 5guns nothing realy out of ordenryfamas sv with scope silencer ans tight barrle and a glock 34 and a colt infinity or summin like that

i did also have a ak47 and a g36c and a two desert egals a m16a3 but there all bloke i give eqal respect to my guns as i do to my food

Alright?

My name's Andy and I'm 30 yrs old. Started airsoft last year after being interested in it for years - just never had the cash or time.. However saw sense - divorced the battleaxe and now live with someone who lets me spend my own money and allows me time to myself! Hence the steadily increasing collection of kit..

Am currently serving in the RAF on EOD duties (bomb disposal for you non military types..!) so running around a with death stick dressed in green comes with the territory. Also handily provides a large quantity of kit free courtesy of the Queen - bless her..

I'm close to Urban Assault so that's my main hang out, but looking to get out on the road and check out some other sites too this year.

Andy.

Archived