New members introduce yourselves here!

Ghost_Rider

Hey all its Ricky here, after following all the reviews on this site and looking around for about a month Ive finally obtained my first Airsoft gun. I ended up going for the Hi-Capa 5.1 which came today and im very impressed. I had a couple of shots just a moment ago to get a feel for it and its been good so far.

Thanks for all the info that Ive gotten from this site though, its really helped.

Ricky.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone im Barry, im ex RAF Regiment and TA, im very new to airsoft although i did have a spring MP5 about 15 yrs ago. I live in the lanarkshire area of scotland. I stumbled on to airsoft whilst looking for something to do with my spare time, the TA was ok for a while but my unit didnt really do much, very disorganised. I want to get an M4 RIS and ive just bought a KSC Glock 19, i like what i see wthin the airsoft community, everyone seems a friendly bunch espesh the guys at airsoft scotland. I havnt been to a skirmish yet but hope to get to one soon. So just a big HI to everybody. :smurf:

hey, im new to this forum and airsoft aswell. it first caught my eye when i seen people coming in with realistic guns to my old job (hollywood sports, in CA) and i found my new love. well i have a few questions maybe you guys can answer hopefully you can.

(either tokyo marui/classic army)

-i really love the p90 but its gravity fed, would that cause and jams or delay shots?

-should i just move on with a different gun?

-what about the g36 series, are they any good?

-what do you guys recomend?

heres my set up for my weaponry:

-2 M11 (Side Arms)

-1 p90/g36 (Primary)

-1 sniper (Distance)

but obviously im dreaming now. because i have no money but when i do....

well if you guys can message me the answers or simply reply it would greatly appreciated, and i am honered to become a member of this forum and of airsoft.

Hello, Fellas, after picking some brains on this forum previously I thought I'd better intro my self.

I did 9 years in the army and have been introduced to airsoft by another ex reg.

Where has it been all my life!!!

It's a shame that just as I am getting into it, there is the threat of yet another firearm related ban on the horizon.

Anyway I have got my eyes on a G&G SOC 16, a WA Wilson TSC two tone, a guarder custom all metal P226 and a fluted Tanaka M24.

Take it easy, guys

Hi all, I'm Steve,

I know nothing about the Airsoft community, but after buying my first pistol (a KSC G18C) yesterday, I just know this is for me.

The next weapon on my wishlist is a Tokyo Marui MP5 R.A.S. or a M4 SR-16, but i can't decide whether to buy one from over here or get it shipped in from Japan, (any advise would be very helpful).

Like a few other members i did time in the RAF as well as a instructor with the ACF, so i still have a fair bit of kit up in the loft, just waiting to be used again.

If there are any Clubs, Groups or individuals in kent that want to get in touch, then feel free and Email me.

Steve. :)

Hi all,

just introducing myself. I'm completely new to airsoft short of a phase in the mid 90's!

I have no idea where to start, what's best to get or where I'd be able to use it as yet so those of you who're seasoned pro's will have to be patient with me ;)

I am particularly interested in PFC replicas and deacts as well but that's another story!

Cheers all

Oakers :)

Hi all,

I've always been into weapons ever since I was a kid (now a 33 year old kid)!

Very surprised how big this sport is already even though you never seem to hear anything of it.

I joined the UK army (infantry) and loved every minute of it, got to play with some gucci gear, run around and blow sh*t up, and get paid for doing it!! But, alas I left for pastures new. I'd love to join a team in my area and if I cant find one then i'll be looking to set one up and recruit some more members!!

I'm hoping to get my hands on a g&p M4 CQBR with an aimpoint sight, and I would also like a western arms sv infinity ltd 6" as backup. I remember a long time ago playing with the first gen. Marui FAMAS and thinking this is sooooooo cool I got to get me one of these, but they were so damn expensive. However, being on half decent money now I think its time to start a decent, fun hobby.

Hopefuly will hook up with some of you guys soon...

Mart

hello there

My name is kristof (hence the nickname krikke) and i'm 18 (since december)

I was born and raised in Belgium.

I've been fascinated by airsoft ever since i found out about it at age 16, but just recently bought my first real airsoft rifle.

I have been passively surfing these forums for about 3 months now and I finally registered as a member. I hope to contribute a bit to the wonderful atmosphere on these forums (enough with the sweettalk !), and to have a good laugh with some of the more extravagant members here, you know who you are ;)

I'm a student industrial sciences, with intent of becoming and industrial engineer,in the hopes of becoming an engineer at FN-herstal(as you can see, i'm ambitious)

I'm also polylingual so:

If you want to send me a PM in english, go ahead (english)

si vous aimeriez plustôt m'envoyer quelqu' chose en francais, allez-y (french)

Als je in het nederlands wilt PM'en, wees welkom :) (dutch)

soon to come: spanish & german

*/showoff*

cheers

krikke

Hi all, Just signed up today ; :)

Still to get myself a true airsoft gun, had a flew plinkers mind you.

I also still have to have a REAL experience of airsofting, hopefully later this year !

So yeah, Hopefully im not the first person completely new to the sport on these forums, heh.

- Kraz

Hi

my name is Demian i´m new to this sports althougth i have a tm m16a2 since august 2005, i haven´t skirmished properly yet, only with a friend and with gbb´s, in this moments i´m trying to form a group, and get the proper permits to buy and import guns. See how it works :P

Hi everyone.

Am still quite new to airsoft and this forum, although ive been into the principle for some time, ive just chosen now to get into it. Im hopening to get my first gun soon :) cant wait LOL. By the way thanks for all the helpful coments and infomation ive received through this site, its really helping.

Cheers

Hi all , my name is Jim , Iam looking to get into skirmishing in or around the wellingborough area , Iam a former member of Milton Keynes Air Rifle club where we shot Air Rifle Field Target competitions at a regional level, although I much preffered hunting rabbits and pigeons ( we had 5 farms to shoot over as pest control - yummy rabbit stew!- ) played paintball for about the last 12 years but the guns are getting silly and the cheating is a pain in the *albatross* so I want to do something a bit more real ( please don't suggest the TA , Already in there !)

can anyone recomend a place to play? I have seen adverts for freefire zone and close action near me , what are they like ?

drop me a line any time on gisburn20@hotmail.com (on msn messenger too), maybe we can hook up for a game

I quite fancy a VSR 10 G spec and a glock 18c with 50 round mag as back up

but until I get a couple of games under my belt I'll wait and see.

I'm john or as some people call me johnny I'm 16 and live in wisconsin. my arsenal consists of a utg ak47 upgraded with an m100 spring and a bunch of other stuff and running 9.6 volt battery and even though lots of people who don't have it or have never used it say its a piece of junk its at least tm quality (unlike their mp5, which is kindof crappy) me and about 10 friends, of whom most have good aegs, do allot of cqb in a shed at my house and we also use a van i got for free what we call the esnfardva which means Extremely Stupid Name For A Really Dumb Van. which has been turned into a crazy airsofting tank.

post-13338-1139599191_thumb.jpg

in the background is the shed we play in and soon it will have a sniper tower on top and we are building a new base and maybe digging some trenches in the area behind it. hopefully i can be a help to some people on the forums here, i do pretty much all the gun fixing for my friends, and they aren't easy on their guns...so i have allot to do sometimes...lol

I'm john or as some people call me johnny I'm 16 and live in wisconsin.  my arsenal consists of a utg ak47 upgraded with an m100 spring and a bunch of other stuff and running 9.6 volt battery and even though lots of people who don't have it or have never used it say its a piece of junk its at least tm quality (unlike their mp5, which is kindof crappy)  me and about 10 friends, of whom most have good aegs, do allot of cqb in a shed at my house and we also use a van i got for free what we call the esnfardva which means Extremely Stupid Name For A Really Dumb Van. which has been turned into a crazy airsofting tank.

post-13338-1139599191_thumb.jpg

in the background is the shed we play in and soon it will have a sniper tower on top and we are building a new base and maybe digging some trenches in the area behind it.  hopefully i can be a help to some people on the forums here, i do pretty much all the gun fixing for my friends, and they aren't easy on their guns...so i have allot to do sometimes...lol

hello every1, my real name is dave jansen but the reason i choose a young buck is because my dad use to call me that as a nick name but every seance his accident i've been hanging out with my friend a lot and he has help me though it and so my friend got me airsofting also he even help me join this site and it's helped me a lot

so thank you jimmy and thank you airsoft

Hello everyone, my name is Caloy (Carlo is my real name), I've been playing airsoft for 2 years now. I live in the Philippines where airsoft has been around for more than 20 years. I'm also a global moderator of a site here in the philippines named filipino airsoft ( http://www.filairsoft.com ). And I just want to say hello to the airsoft community here at Arnie's :).

I'm 35 years old and I'm working for a call center here in the Philippines. I love taking pictures of airsofting events and gatherings and I usually post them online. Please feel free to visit my online galleries located on my sig.

My primary role in airsoft is basically recon and sniping. I'm with a team here in the philippines who's basic philosophy about airsoft is "FUN". We love to play airsoft, sometimes 3 times a week, though I have to confess that I'm not regularly playing now a days because work is keeping me busy. I plan to return to actively playing once I get past some training that is required for work.

I'm hoping to discover more about the UK and American Airsofting world soon. I was suspeneded on my very first post here at Arnie's but since then, I've learned my lesson and won't post anything about gun settups that violate the 1 joule rule. :)

-Carlo

Hi, I'm Sam.

I have been playing airsoft since 2001, and live in the US. I am a regular to several airsoft sites and have been lurking on Arnies for a long time (2004, I think) but just recently got around to joining up.

Normally, I play the assault role, but i am now a fireteam leader in my new team.

I am always interested in learning new things about airsoft, which is why I joined.

Thanks,

Thorn

Hi, i've only recently found airsoft on the net although I like paintballing and normal shooting (target rifle, clay pigeon small bore etc) but the idea of airsoft skirmishing has me drooling all over the keyboard especially when im looking at the AEG's online. Really want to go skirmishing but was wondering if its worth bothering spending 150+ on a TM if there is going to be this 'ban'. What is this ban and what does it mean? you wont be able to go skirmishing anymore? im confussed but really really really want to go skirmishing and want a P90!!!!!!!!

If anyone has one and wants to sell i've posted a messege in the wanted fourum.

um thats all really so any info on the 'ban' or starting up in airsoft would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

thanks

Leo

Archived