My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

2000 Get!

There, I'm done.

To Make this on topic, I also hate being skint with no viable means of making money. Can;t get a job, as I'm going home for the summer in a month. But what do i go 'till then?

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what annoys me is when theres an interesting thread going, you spend ages writing out a witty and relevant post only for some mod to come along and lock it so all you get it the 'im sorry but this thread is locked, you cant post here' page

Indeed that is annoying... had it happen to me a few times. Especialy annoying when the topic has gone off-topic while you've been writing and locked because of it.

My bike, well, my scott octane short travel DH bike.

I've just spent £500 upgrading parts on it (new wheels, forks and gearing) and spent 3 weeks not having ridden it because of the weather, i was meant to go out on it today but my useless unrealible friend decided he wasn't going to hit the DH today <_<

So i thought "*fruitcage* him, i'm not wasting all those £££ of upgrades" so i went down to the trails on my own. Went for the first run and found the steering was non existant once the new forks compressed a bit, i thought this might just be down to having ridden my XC bike more lately! so i go for another run, half way down i noticed the forks didn't want to turn once they compressed a bit and ended getting so ###### off half way down the course i ended throwing my bike and helmet into a tree :angry:

It really didn't help that my helmet was really pissing me off and i'd already wasted the best part of a really nice day because one of my friends suddenly decided "its too late to go down now" either after waiting untill he got back from his driving lesson!

If theres one thing that really upsets me, its spending loads of hard earned cash only to find that the bike rides worse than before :headbutt:

The EU customs.

A retailer I know got screwed by Dutch customs officers. They're holding his container, full of airsoft guns, since early March and basically screwing around. He just got a notice that the customs procedure will be prolonged for another two months. Taking the p.$$ or what?!

This week, I mostly hate:

- Alarms that go off and don't stop for 5 hours.

- Barking dogs that don't stop for 7 hours.

- People that let their dogs *beep* on paths and don't clean it up. Especially the ones that walk around with a plastic bag in their hand and when their dog goes for a dump, they look around to see if anyones watching, and if they can't see anyone, they don't clean it up.

Summer.

Just got back from collecting my laundry.

It's light out. It's Four Thirty in the '*fruitcaging* morning, WHY the smoky smeg is it light? <_<

Damned summertime, screwing with ym body clock and confusing me!

Went for the first run and found the steering was non existant once the new forks compressed a bit, i thought this might just be down to having ridden my XC bike more lately! so i go for another run, half way down i noticed the forks didn't want to turn once they compressed a bit

What forks are you using? Not an issue I've ever had, but chances are (unless you've got a major mechanical fault) that it can be sorted with a bit of fiddling with the damping adjustment.

And tractors who hide behind blind rises in fast country roads. At 6.30 on Sunday mornings. If I hadn't been so ###### off about my previous nights date going wrong, I probably wouldn't have turned quickly enough to avoid it. And farmer Giles would have been scraping me off his Massey-ferguson with a spade.

How projects work on Arnie's.

Post 1: Hey, this is my idea.

Post 2: Wow, I like that.

Post 3: That sucks.

Post 4: What are you, retarded?

Post 5: You should do something that is nothing like what you want to do.

Post 6: Helpful advice.

Seriously, if your contribution is going to be something like "do something else" why post? Why can't people, oh I don't know... OFFER USEFUL ADVICE?

:zorro:

Ok, I revise well with music playing in the background. Usually (i.e. about 18 hours a day :lol:) I'll listen to Planet Rock. It doesn't get any better than that, folks.

Anyway, this afternoon, they've dedicated the ENTIRE AFTERNOON to playing the top 20 Pink Floyd songs, as voted by the public.

I F***ING HATE PINK FLOYD.

Ok, I don't hate them entirely - Dark Side Of The Moon was a superb album, and there are some other outstanding songs, but having to spend my afternoon revising to The f***ing Wall is just too much to bear.

Funny thing is, Pretentious Floyd seem to not actually be liked by that many popular. Critics seem to hail them as the best band ever, and everyone else finds them unapproachable, pretentious and stupid. And over-long, don't forget that one, because lord only knows how long this sh*t will last for... :rolleyes:

I want Clapton, Queen, Petty, Black Sabbath/Ozzy, Led Zep, Genesis, Hendrix, etc. I don't want Pink P*ssy Floyd.

EDIT: Before someone says it, I won't tune to another station. There aren't any other stations for this stuff. :(

That post started off so well, first I'm glad to find another planetrock worshipper, then you tell me that I've got a whole afternoon of Floyd to listen to, I'm starting to feel pretty happy.

But then knocking them so much, totally undeserved! You don't have to like the band members to appreciate the music, you must like the guitar work? And they were so much more original than almost anything else out there. You can't have an epic song if it's only 5 minutes long, the build up is often what makes a song. Shine on you crazy diamond is a fantastic song, and just wouldn't be the same if it wasn't almost 20 minutes long.

Try to get past your hate of the band and enjoy the music itself.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond is one of my favourite songs of theirs, and like I say, Dark Side Of The Moon was excellent. There are other songs, too.

But generally speaking, I just don't like them. It's the music I don't like, not the band, although the immense worship theu garner makes me dislike them even more. :P

But no, just not my thing. At all.

By the way, I won a pair of REO Speedwagon tickets (Birmingham, 6th June) if you're interested. I got a rather groovy Planet Rock car sticker out of it, anyway. Next stop, the Anorak! ;)

PS - You'd better be listening on a Pure-Marshall DAB Radio or you can't call yourself a fan ;)

Fair enough then, at least you've given them a chance, each to their own and all that.

I saw the tickets for sale earlier actually, and wondered if you'd won them from planetrock! The date's not good for me either though sadly, and my bank account would probably self-destruct to boot.

And I'm not, I've got the Pure Bug radio, but being played through a rotel amp and some nice Linn floorstanders. There's no point listening to whitesnake and the like if you can't feel it throughout the house!

Archived