My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Damn straight. I just turn my Marshall up to 11 and leave it there ;)

Nothing like waking up to Alice Cooper :lol:

Oh, and funnily enough, I'm not half enjoying this afternoon, even with Pink Floyd. In fact, I'm not half enjoying it, mainly BECAUSE of Pink Floyd.

I don't know if it's just that they're playing the cream of their songs, but I can't complain, so there you go. :)

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very Roger Daltry, and quite right too!

Yeah, when you're up at 6 for a skirmish, it's surprising how easy Alice is to listen to! The only downside to the station is some of the adverts, it's not too bad at the moment, but they do seem to like picking the worst ones around, and playing them far too often.

And after all that bitching as well!

Yeah.

"Oops, forgot the kids. KIIIIIIIIIDS!"

It's like nails on a blackboard... :rolleyes:

But yeah. Rick's Place, too. What would I do without dodgy jokes, Grumpy Old Man rants and some unusual music?

i hate a thing called EMA (education maintainace allowance)

supposedly 'poor' kids get it for going college as long as they turn up for every lesson every day, they can get £30 a week sstraightinto thier account.

It is meant to be for kids whose parents don't earn a combined salary over £30K a year, it is susupposed to be for college supplies e.g. books, clothes and the stuff their parents can't afford to get them.

yet I know the majority of people who get it at my college don't use it for that at all, in fact one of my mates dad owns his own business, and so has no fixed income, but is doing very well, yet my friend gets £30 a week for going college, even though he was going to go anyway. my parents aren't rich, but we fall on the other side of the salary line, yet I don't get pocket money at all, and I have to buy my own stuff, apart from college books but that like a one off, cuz once i have it i never need it again, so about £40 for my books, not £30 a week.

fair enough if you can get it, have it

the thing that p**ses me off is the bonuses, you can earn up to £500 in bonuses for attendance, why should they get it and not me? I go college every tw**ing day just like them, its not like its hard for them to go college either. why should they get paid for something everyone else does regardless??

btw my friend also has a job, like mst of the people who get EMA, so £30 a week turns into £80 a week.

what a facking liberty!

rant over lol

Yeah EMA is thoroughly retarded. I've got a couple of friends who used to get it, whos parents were both (multi)millionaires, but because of some odd living arrangement, they got £30 a week.

Were you listenting this afternoon HaVoC? Apparently Cream are getting back together for a few shows this year! I thought Ginger Baker was too decrepit to walk, let alone drum, but we shall see!

Were you listenting this afternoon HaVoC? Apparently Cream are getting back together for a few shows this year! I thought Ginger Baker was too decrepit to walk, let alone drum, but we shall see!

Certainly have been. Good news! :)

It's the Rush and ZZ Top tours I'm interested in, though. That, and the Stones concert I have 2 tickets to, on my birthday. ;)

To be honest, there are far too many bands I'd like to see for my meager bank balance to support. Maybe an overdraft is in order though, because I don't want to miss out on some bands. I really regret never seeing Pantera, and now I never will, I don't want that to happen again.

My sister also has some Stones tickets, she's barely heard any of their music! But will she give one to me? Nooooo.

This one almost brings me full circle to where we started. It was raining today. I was doing some shopping in town. What annoyed me? No, it wasn't the rain and me not having a jacket, it was the *fruitcage* morons standing in shop doorways. Not going INTO the shop, where they'd be out of the way, but standing in the door so no one can get in or out. It's raining, people. You're going to get wet. Get out of the way so I'm not stuck standing outside getting even wetter. Morons.

Oh, and a sidenote: could someone in America teach Dubya how to pronounce "nuclear"? Thanks.

:zorro:

My mother. I know she's my mom and all, but really, she never listens to what I say, and I always feel like I have to do what she says and not try to argue too much. For example, today she's hosting some sort of party and we have to cook and everything. She says let's bring the table of food out on the deck. I say how I think it's a bad idea. Not only were we having a thunderstorm warning (which did miss us completely), but we live in the middle of the woods and have a lot of insects. She explains how it would be better outside so everyone would gather around it. Guess what? Bugs landing on the bread.

Another time, we were looking for some place on the road. I say I think that this might be it. She says to keep going. After an hour of sitting in a construction zone and calling for directions, we turn into the place I suggested earlier may be the place.

And then she is never happy with the amount of work I do. No matter how much, it's always something else. I always suggest a better way to get things done, but again we have to go with the work hard on a thousand different things and get maybe two done. What really ###### me off is the way she says I do nothing all day. I know I don't work anywhere near as hard as she does, but I don't not do anything all day. Also, I do work for my dad, mostly odd jobs that he really would rather not do himself. I may work a little harder for him (probably because I know that when somethings done, it's done, and not going to be continued in some sort of way), but I still don't think that it's fair to say I do nothing at home. Especially this one time, I had finished a butt load of homework, helped with the construction going on in the basement, moved the garbage from the construction into the dumpster, and put two shelves together, I sit down for 15 minutes to see something on my laptop, and she tells me the worst possible thing I could hear, "you do nothing." And then she wonders why I don't try that hard with her.

Lastly, I hate these damned insects. I'm outside trying to clean up the yard, my allergies killing me, and 20 gnats are flying around my head. The biggest problem that this poses is that because of my allergies I can only breath through my mouth, and those things are always flying into my face. Then I water the flowers and a huge beetle comes out of no where. No problem with him, he's just walking away from the stream of water. But then there's the friggin' spiders and caterpillars that web down from the trees, and if you're not careful, you run right into them. And don't even get me started on flies. Bastards are so quick, and you can only hear them when you're 3 feet away from them, so you can never tell where they are.

Lastly, things that don't work right from the start and things that don't have a decent description on the package. It ###### me off to buy something only to figure out it's not going to work when I get home.

And also these phones! Always ringing, and they only give the option of something annoying. It's either "BEEPBEEPBEEP," RINGRINGRING" or jingle bells. Who uses that, honestly? And they always seem to ring when I'm busy, or sleeping. 90% of the time it's someone I don't know, so I don't answer it. And now who ever's calling is doing it twice in a row. And the portable phones always get lost somehow.

People not flushing the toilet is another good one. I have to take a leak so I can wash my hands so I can eat, and I don't want to see your pee and poo. All you have to do is push a little silver knob down for less than a second. Is that so hard?

Hrmm, it appears not only so I have 2 lastlys, but two not lastlys after them.

What's pissing me off lately is this sort of fashion with dropping magazines.

Cheap plastic STAR mags are great for being cheap and indestructable but people get exited that they can drop them and just leave them lying there in the woods when they are done with them.

I'm sure they will pick them up later or whatever but no way is it 'realistic' as you would then have nothing to bomb up when you need to later. And if you leave it lying there and move on it is easy for enemy to spot it and judge that you have been there, are using a certain type of ammunition and weapon etc.

So much for the 'realism' when leaving a piece of yorkie wrapper in your pit when leaving a harbour area would get you raped by the nearest Corporal.

I've complained about it before. Probably will again. Anyhoo: cryptic topic titles. Guys, the reason it's often hard to find information is because people seem to think they're writing clues for a cryptic crossword. Titles such as "Help please" "help with a" "holy Christcakes!" do not give any indication as to what you're talking about and make it impossible for people to find when searching.

What's pissing me off lately is this sort of fashion with dropping magazines.

Cheap plastic STAR mags are great for being cheap and indestructable but people get exited that they can drop them and just leave them lying there in the woods when they are done with them.

I'm sure they will pick them up later or whatever but no way is it 'realistic' as you would then have nothing to bomb up when you need to later. And if you leave it lying there and move on it is easy for enemy to spot it and judge that you have been there, are using a certain type of ammunition and weapon etc.

So much for the 'realism' when leaving a piece of yorkie wrapper in your pit when leaving a harbour area would get you raped by the nearest Corporal.

But they do it in the movies, so it must be MilSim, right??? :unsure::blink::flamed:

Also "stuff for sale" Great  :mellow:

Oh god, that's pissing me off. It was bad before, but now we have seperate subforums for different stuff... GAAAAAAHH! "gear for sale" In the Gear Sales subforum? :o Surely not! "wud lyk to sell GBB" That's nice for you. WHAT IS IT?

Unrelated: have people not heard of Photobucket? So irritating to go through threads and find either a load "hotlinking not allowed" graphics, or tiny little things people have uploaded to Arnie's, and I now have to click on to view.

At least he only conned a TV company. What about "Mad" Frankie Fraser? In and out of prison, costing the taxpayer money. Now, he's some sort of celebrity to wheel out on crime issues. Shouldn't there be a law saying criminals cannot profit from their crimes? Sure, let them write books, appear on TV, etc. But the profits should go to their victims.

People who moan about EMA.

To get £30 a week the combined yearly earnings have to be much LESS than £30,000. I think its £15,000.

The whle idea of it, so i've been told, is to make sure people who fall intot hose brackets have the option of going to college, instead of working to support their family.

Yes there will be exceptions. However most of the people like me who get £30 a week do have to work, simply because they cannot afford not too.

What people should be complaining about is the fact that mature students" get no such benefits. Depsite the fact they often have an entire family to support, and could be a single parent. What do they get? £40 in gift tokens for stationary. Very helpfull.

You should have tried going to university when I did.

My parents wouldn't give me any cash - fair enough it is theirs.

The government wouldn't give me any cash - fair enough, my parents both had jobs.

I worked 50hrs a week in Burger King to pay the most of it, got into 18,000 pounds worth of debt which I only finished paying off last year.

I got thrown out of uni and evicted - fair enough I owed them a whack load of money.

I got sacked - fair enough I smashed the manager in his smug face.

I got dumped - fair enough I lied to her about the extent of my money problems.

but wait...

When I was in my darkest hour I asked a friend to lend me money to get a shirt and clean my trousers so I could go to a job interview.

He said "I can't, I need to buy a new R-C car, the old one is a bit tatty"

I bloody hate students, no grip on reality, no idea about the value of anything, no idea what hard work is about.

Then they have the cheek to complain that their bed in halls is a bit lumpy.

Those rooms are better than squaddies serving their country get.

Bloody leeches.

Uni courses should last 5 years, not 4 and one day a week students should work down coal mines with picks and shovels to pay their way.

I know it's personal choice and all that, but more and more recently men/boys with long hair are really getting on my tits.

Really creeps me out when my 5 yea old cousin looks like a girl and my mate has the same hair style as his girlfriend ...

I know it's personal choice and all that, but more and more recently men/boys with long hair are really getting on my tits.

Really creeps me out when my 5 yea old cousin looks like a girl and my mate has the same hair style as his girlfriend ...

Oit i have long hair....some guys can pull it off, others well lets not go there. :unsure:

Ban those buses - a single trip into town and back for three people cost £15 the other night, and that's just outrageous!

£15 worth of diesel for my car would have taken us about a week to use in normal trips.

Hello Minister for Transport - if you're reading this - how about subsidising public transport as a way to reduce congestion, instead of just piling more tax on the motorist...

</rant>

Archived