My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Ignorant dickwads blaming videogames when some moron kills someone. Seriously, WTF? Psychopaths kill because they're f'ed up in the head, not because they played Manhunt/GTA/Doom/random hentai game. AND, if they're underage, how the unholy mother of *fruitcage* did they get their mits on the game anyway?! And where were his parents THEN, hah?!

I swear, if I ever have an opportunity to shoot a *fruitcage* that defended himself like that in the court, I'LL *fruitcage* DO SO.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ignorant dickwads blaming videogames when some moron kills someone. Seriously, WTF? Psychopaths kill because they're f'ed up in the head, not because they played Manhunt/GTA/Doom/random hentai game. AND, if they're underage, how the unholy mother of *fruitcage* did they get their mits on the game anyway?! And where were his parents THEN, hah?!

I swear, if I ever have an opportunity to shoot a *fruitcage* that defended himself like that in the court, I'LL *fruitcage* DO SO.

Yeah cause that justify's everything. :rolleyes:

The tv program on BBC1 on weekday mornings. It's called 'Don't Get Done, Get Dom'.

It's about a guy who goes around helping people sort out problems they've had with big companies. He also 'teaches' people how to haggle. Now, I know what you're all thinking. Getting something a little cheaper is good. But, the problem is they aren't going into to huge nationwide companies. He's going into the little shops where the guy makes no profit on what he's selling and drains everything out of him. Why not go and buy your tv from currys where they have higher profit margins?

I've not seen that program, but i've heard of it. Rumour has it that it is the cause of people trying to get lower prices out of us at work, which is the most annoying thing ever.

Some woman came in about a week ago, wanted to buy a bike but only wanted to pay £100.

Now, the bike in question was £165 originally (for once it wasn't the money off scam that most retailers use on reductions), dropped down to £125

Her "I want this bike, but i only want to pay £100 for it, can you do it for £100?"

Me "no, its already reduced as an obsolete model and we can't do it any cheaper than the price on the ticket"

Her "But the price is only a retail thing though isn't it"

Me "No, its a set price from headoffice that we HAVE to stick to"

Her "Can i speak to the manager then"

Me "Sure, i'll just go and get him"

Needless to say, she got the same thing from the manager :)

What people fail to understand about this is that we do have to stick to the prices, if we start dropping prices all the time for people who ask we are risking loosing our jobs because all reductions are logged and a reason does have to be given.

No one ever believes the guy they're talking to, they always want to talk to the manager. Last customer service job I was in was great for that. Sadly, we went through seven managers in about ten months. As a result, before taking any call, the manager would ask us to explain what was going on and what he/she should say. Always fun to be 100% truthful when you told the caller "I'll get my manager, but he'll just say EXACTLY what I've just said."

:zorro:

No one ever believes the guy they're talking to, they always want to talk to the manager. Last customer service job I was in was great for that. Sadly, we went through seven managers in about ten months. As a result, before taking any call, the manager would ask us to explain what was going on and what he/she should say.

Ah yes, i always warn the managers for what they customers going to try and do beforehand. Infact all this talk of people haggling reminds me of another classic moment.....

We had a bike lock that we had reduced and was missing its mounting bracket (take a guess at why it was reduced, go on), and guess what happened next?

Yes, someone picked it up, noticed the missing bracket and reduced price and asked

"can you do anymore off it because it hasn't got the bracket?"

:rolleyes:

I really do wonder what people are thinking when they come into our store sometimes.....

My beloved betrothed dropped my WA S&W M4013 TSW "Shorty .40" (bit of a mouth-full) a while ago and cracked the slide.

Grrrrr

She offered to pay for it to be repaired :-)

I found a retailer with a complete Prime slide and frame set for it. Mmmm rarealicious. My other half even offered to pay for the metal kit for my Xmas pressie (I know it's July) So I am now a happy ginge, I had to wait a while as Keith was going to get it for me and add it onto a big rsov order I was doing and I had to wait until I had all the money.

Waiting, grrrrr

Then when he sent out the bulk of the package the other retailer still hadn't given him the kit, more waiting, grrrrrrr.

It arrived yesterday but the extractor wasn't in the box and when I fitted the kit the slide stop (which, unknown to me, had been cracked when she dropped the gun) snapped.

Now I have a beautiful full metal Shorty .40 with no extractor and an epoxied slide stop.

I am devastated. I e-mailed Keith and I am sure his super customer service will sort the extractor problem out very quickly and I have e-mailed leonard to get a new slide stop but you know what?

It's more bloody waiting, grrrrrrrr

We are thinking of getting a new kitchen.

The missus got some rep to call around and he showed up on Saturday afternoon. I was actually skirmishing at the time.

I arrive back, muddy, aching, wearing cammo trousers, boots and an OD T shirt, ready for a bath.

So the guy starts to launch into his sales pitch at me.

I'm not paying too much attention but I catch the figure "EIGHT AND A HALF THOUSAND POUNDS" and the guy barely has time to pick up his Argos briefcase before he finds himself stood on the pavement.

Turns out he's been there an hour and he's worked his way down from £12k to the £8.5k!

Our kitchen is not big. Seriously, you could gold plate the cooker and fridge and do the walls in unicorn skin for £8k.

That's not the end of it though.

He phones back on Monday; tells me that he was planning on making further discounts to get the price down to something more acceptable.

"So why not just say the correct price when you first arrive?" I ask, quite reasonably.

After listening to a load of boll*cks I thank him for his call and tell him we'll call back if we decide to buy from them.

This is the best bit.

The phone rings again, a couple of hours later. It's a woman on the phone and she wants to speak to the Missus.

I give her the phone and, after a few seconds, she looks puzzled and waves me over to listen.

It's the f**king sales rep again!

Apparently he's got his wife to phone and ask for MY missus and then hand the phone to him. HE's then started off on his sales pitch again in the hope that he can get my missus to buy the kitchen without my agreement.

We asked to speak to his manager and he said he'd get back to us. We've heard nothing more yet. :angry:

I hate sales reps, clogging the line and genrally causing much un needed stress.

Sorry to butt in but i have a little rant:

Im buying ACU off eBay. Ok i got the combat shirt and trousers, £44 ic postage for both. Meh money is'nt much of an object at the moment i though and so bought them. I saw some ACu Combat trousers from another seller,only 1 bid and they were going for £13.75 inc postage. "yay" i really want these and then i will have all the SCU combats i need for a while. The trousers and cap arrived on monday, the trousers tuesday.

I looked at the trousers and compared them to the Jacket. REPLICAS *fruitcage* *fruitcage* *fruitcage* *fruitcage* *fruitcage* i was annoyed. VERY annoyed. They were advertised as real and he even put the NSN number up, which only genuine NATO approved gear has, turns out he put the bloody stock number up as the NSN number. Anyway i contacted him through eBay and he offered me a full refund and i get to keep the trousers. You may think this turned out ok but now i dont have a full set of ACU to use this saturday with my SCAR-L. Really bad week to be honest but not as bad as some.

people, namely young white men in particular, who shout insults out of car windows while you're cycling.

I mean, seriously, how old are you? IF you've something to say to me, get out of the damn car and say it to my effing face, sheesh...

and this was at 7.30 in the morning, while we were both, I don't doubt, on our way to work and stone cold sober.

Hitman, he can get WA parts but they are apparently a total pain in the *albartroth*.

I had a bit of a 1911 IED 6" that was just as rare as you like but I think he might have changed his policy since then.

I will send him a kidney if he can fix my Shorty .40

Got the extractor thing sorted though:

shorty40top.jpg

people, namely young white men in particular, who shout insults out of car windows while you're cycling.

I mean, seriously, how old are you? IF you've something to say to me, get out of the damn car and say it to my effing face, sheesh...

and this was at 7.30 in the morning, while we were both, I don't doubt, on our way to work and stone cold sober.

Sorry Harry :(

Your thighs just looked so muscular and I was jealous!

Firstly, people who say "I can't find the remote" well get off you fat *** and change the channel you dont need the remote!

secondly, people saying "its always in the last place you look" well done! you don't keep looking after you have ****ing found it do you!

Thirdly, read from a packet of peanuts, "may contain nuts" may? there peanuts they are ****ing nuts!

Thats better.

Google, etc

is a bean that grows in the ground. It is not a nut that comes from trees, like hickory nuts. Peanuts are the most frequent cause of food anaphylaxis in children. Avoidance is the best treatment for people with anaphylaxis to foods.
  • 5 weeks later...

You thought Parcel Farce or DHL were bad?! Apparently my package from Keith arrived today, but what did Mr Postman do? Instead of lugging it to the second floor (third for you yanks) of the block I live in, that lazy sod left me a ticket, crumpled into a coffee stirrer, shoved into my mailbox. Half an hour before the post office closed.

What's extra pissing me off is the fact that the ticket is to be left only if there's nobody to pick the package up, while I actually WAS AT HOME, IN MY OWN FARKING BED!

Archived